SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ravi Zacharias accused of sexual misconduct

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sree

Re:

Wonderful posts Dolfan and Brothagary. Instead of criticizing Ravi, let's learn from his fall. There should be no lust for ministry in our midst, instead, we need a passion to please God in our short earthly stay. We cannot take our ministry with us but we take our Christlike character with us to heaven.

2020/12/29 9:10Profile
joliboy11

Philippines

Re:

This is a big shock for me, the allegations from digferent people are serious. The only question is, if this are true or not. And I dont think I can really know just by reading something in the Internet.

But IF true, it is really a deceptive evil if you put your shoes on Ravi, his family and the victims. Leaders are more accountable not lesser accountable just because they have done many good work for God.

Really made me behold myself on what I do when no one is arround, remembering in fear the discrepancy of what i professed to who I am really. Sometimes I do think, maybe Joel Osteens and the others are "cleaner"?

Remember that the basis Jesus said is how we live not just what doctrine we preach or believe.

2020/12/29 12:26Profile
savannah

Re: big shock

Ravi already has stood before the Judge of all the earth on May 19, 2020.

What business does any christian, no less a christian leader, have being the owner of a house of prostitution.

Not only does one have no business owning it, but neither does one have being a customer in such a place allowing a woman who is not his wife putting her hands on him.

Would to God that all men of God be as Joseph and flee from such temptation.

May God help us all...

2020/12/29 14:28Profile
Ajayjohnson

Re:

We all know from the scripture that Joseph was put in jail for committing adultery which he has not done. Jesus was accused of many things which he has not done.
In Isaiah(11:3) bible says "...He will not judge by what His eyes see, and He will not decide by what His ears hear".
Bible says if we lust after a woman in our hearts we have already committed adultery. If we look our life how many times we have committed adultery after becoming Christian.
In God eyes we are sinners but He forgave us when we confessed our lustful thinking. Bible says if we don't want to be judged by God then we should stop judging others. It is Satan who accuses God's child all the time. If we keep accusing one of God's child then we join hands with Satan.
There are types of ministry 1. Intercession 2) Accusation.
Satan always accuses but Jesus always interceded. We have to decide whether we join hands with Jesus or with Satan.
At the end of Gospel of John when Jesus told Peter the nature of his death then he asked Jesus about John. Then Jesus replied how does it matter to Peter. It is God who can make him stand on the final day. May God bless. And let us always have an attitude of intercession and not an accusation. Amen

2020/12/30 13:25Profile
Kerygma1975

Re:

The Updated report from February 2021 reveals this was not a smear campaign against a man, but there are actual victims of sexual abuse, misconduct, and a man taking advantage of women in the name of faith. RZIM Canada has released it is closing down, and the main office in the US will release information as they continue to work with others in reconciliation.

Praying.

S

2021/2/19 11:34Profile
Sree

Re:

I went through the final report skipping the parts where they mentioned about his sexual misconducts. I was only interested in knowing how they validated their findings. I was not interested in knowing another man's sins. Looks like the validation was based on his phone records, pictures and videos in it. Also most allegations matched with his travel records. There were also videos of the CA women in his phone who initially complained in 2017 that Ravi asked for nude pictures.
Few take away from the report.
1. Normally when we hear a man in ministry fall, it is normally adultery or affair with a women other than his wife. But in this case it appears like the concerned person has lived a life of adultery. Having illegal relationship with multiple women. How can someone live a life of adultery and still claim to serve God? Not that occasional slipup is fine, but that is understandable due to weakness of our flesh. But a life of adultery with multiple women like a famous Golf star had, is really shocking.
The answer I came up is, he was convinced that this life of adultery is a reward for his ministry from God as stated in the report.

2. Even after the escape of 2017 allegations by the Canadian women, he still continued in the same path based on phone records. There were videos of nude women whom he has met dated until 2019. This shows he did not yield to the first warning. Even though he promised in his letter after the first allegations that he will be careful with women in online chats, Chat records were found till 2019. So that letter meant nothing at all? I was personally very encouraged by that letter. I thought it was well written.

3. In one place of the report, it was mentioned that Ravi had clear protocols on how he travelled. He always had a male partner. Since he came up with these accountability protocols, it was also easy for him to find a way out of it. This shows our accountability should primarily be with God not with man. We can easily cheat any of our own accountability rules. But if we practice to live under the presence of God, we cannot fool ourself. A good lesson for us to learn.

2021/2/19 12:53Profile
Kerygma1975

Re:

Sree,

There was also personal testimony; such as eight therapists making comments. Not that this takes away from your post - but shows there were persons making actual statements - not just data records. Outside this - the use of ministry funds is also tragic.

S

2021/2/19 13:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The answer I came up is, he was convinced that this life of adultery is a reward for his ministry from God as stated in the report.

Can you clarify that statement?

This is very shocking and non of us are exempt from living a secret life of sin, may God keep us from such a thing in anyway.

2021/2/19 13:49Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I have nothing but pity for Ravi, and my heart aches for his family. He sinned like king David, and the results are the same, "...by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme..." 2 Samuel 12:14.

He quite obviously knew the Lord at one point in his life. I don't know what caused him to backslide; I also don't know the final state of his soul. I certainly hope he repented and found mercy in the end. Let's not verbally stone him, but pray for his family and the victims of his actions.

2021/2/19 13:51Profile
billy1980

Tennesse-

Re:

Revelations 2:12-15

Currently meditating through the book of Revelation. Pergamum is the church I'm on right now. The teaching of the Nicolaitans though different then this circumstance, still bring fourth the same bitter fruit if ate of. Some held and were practicing immorality, Children of God. those washed with His blood! The church Fathers seemed to point out that those within the teaching believed changing partners like animals was justified, and God's law concerning it was just jest on His part. Christ of course told them to Repent and to do it quickly or His judgment would come down on them! Just a thought brethren.

Our dependence is truly on Christ, His grace and His Spirit. If we move away from our personal communion with Christ, we could fall into all types of terrible sins. We must cling to our Lord!

“And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write:"

The One who has the sharp two-edged sword says this:

‘I know where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is; and you hold firmly to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days of Antipas, My witness, My faithful one, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells. But I have a few things against you, because you have some there who hold the teaching of Balaam, who kept teaching Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit sexual immorality. So you too, (have some who in the same way hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans.) Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will wage war against them with the sword of My mouth. The one who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows except the one who receives it.’

Added (As far as casting judgment, I cannot concerning Ravi, there is one Judge though. He will judge all knowing all things, which I do not. His judgment is true. Mine is fallible at best, at worst totally wrong. Have mercy on me God if not for Christ. I would still be your enemy.

2021/2/19 14:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy