SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Ravi Zacharias accused of sexual misconduct

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

[To be honest, there is a desire in me to have a great ministry for the Lord. I believe many believers have this desire as well.]

So true of me, too.

2020/10/3 10:44Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Brother Greg

Brother Greg said:

Quote:
Brethren,
We know that failures come in God's servants, we must look no farther then our very selves to see imperfectness.

Amen Brother!

2020/10/3 19:32Profile
savannah

Re: Pastor Ed Ulterer

I'd like to invite all of you on SI to my church. My pastor, Ed Ulterer, doesn't commit adultery every day. He only does so, two or three times a week. And he said 1 Cor. 6:9 & 10 do not apply to him because he's a church leader. He said he's in the category of verse 11.

1 Cor. 6

9 & 10 You know that wicked people will not inherit the kingdom of God, don’t you? Stop deceiving yourselves! Those who indulge in sexual sin, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, thieves, greedy people, drunks, slanderers, and robbers will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Verse 11 That is what some of you were! But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of our Lord Jesus the Messiahc and by the Spirit of our God.

Hope to see you at church this Sunday. Worship services start 10:30am. Men who have wives,and girlfriends on the side (as long as nobody knows about it of course),are welcome. Pastor Ed will be preaching on Solomon's 700 wives and 300 concubines.

2020/10/3 20:48Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Ravi Zacharias accused of sexual misconduct

I do not know about the allegations as detailed in this report but do know that the devil will use anybody to spread lies/slander against God's people. It does happen in family's as well. Among the worse is a narcistic person who is a skilled manipulator who knows how to turn people against each other.

It is no wonder that God lists lies as an abomination.

Sandra Miller

2020/11/9 18:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Amen sister,

the truth is that Jesus was maligned by false witnesses so if we follow the Lord we should expect the same. Accusers are not always true they can be false in their words and thoughts towards the righteous to try and destroy them.

2020/11/10 7:27Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Here is the interim statement by RZIMs own investigation

https://www.rzim.org/read/rzim-updates/update-from-rzim-board-allegations-against-ravi-zacharias

I think it is far better to be falsely accused and maligned by men and never vindicated in the world but later received by God into glory than to receive undue credit and flattery only to be found out later.

Why has Ravi not taken the last moments of his life to come clear?

Let us learn some lesson from it. Pray for the victims and family of Ravi.

2020/12/25 15:38Profile
sb1175

Re:

Brothers and sisters, though I don't comment anymore just want to take this chance to say how much I am blessed by you all here.

On the topic at hand though, I want to ask a different question? I have never understood (especially once I started to read my own Bible closer) whether the path that RZIM was taking was really beneficial for the world? I have always thought that RZIM should serve the church rather than the world. My feeling on this has been conflicted for sometime. I never understood what the end purpose is to seek out secular avenues to argue about spiritual things.
I would be so grateful if someone could comment what the scriptural purpose is seeking apologetics for the secular world. Is there a biblical guidance for this? (please use scripture, if you are so inclined to do so, in its context. Honestly, this I am saying as a reminder not as a rebuke as it is to the contrary usually here).
And, to those saints I met in Cleveland (I think that was the last sermonindex meeting and the most gut wrenching and heart felt prayers I heard, I just want to say thank you for letting me be part of that).

God bless you,
in His grace
-sam

2020/12/26 20:02Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

I would be so grateful if someone could comment what the scriptural purpose is seeking apologetics for the secular world. Is there a biblical guidance for this? (please use scripture, if you are so inclined to do so, in its context. Honestly, this I am saying as a reminder not as a rebuke as it is to the contrary usually here).

I am into apologetics as well. I have personally sought after answers for the questions to defend my Christian faith. I also believe in teaching the young people in my Church about apologetics and how they can defend their faith in School, college and office.

Here is scriptural proof about the need for apologetics.

1 Peter 3:15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and be ready always to give an answer to every man who asketh you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.

If we are commanded to give an answer to every man who has questions on our faith then why not give an answer to those outside the Church (unbelievers)?

I personally use apologetics only inside the context of the Church.

2020/12/28 13:19Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Very sad to hear these interim findings.

I remind myself that any of us is capable of grievous sin, blatant disobedience and active ministry at the same time. We often overlook our sinful ways as falling under some false exception to God’s word.

Frankly, it scares me. I am no better than Ravi Z., no less prone to inner rationalizations of my ungodly deeds and words, and have the same merit as a man before a holy God as Ravi.

I can’t mitigate him. I can do nothing about him. But I hope that I learn from his error. I pray that I obey God and be found in Him, pleasing to Him in Christ. If I should die and anyone here be aware, kindly ask almighty God to have mercy on my loved ones that my sins not be the subject of a sweeping investigation nor fodder for public curiosity.

2020/12/28 16:40Profile
brothagary

Re:

People spend way too much time preaching and not enough time mortifying their members which are their flesh.
The teacher brings himself under stricter judgment from god and massive attacks of the devils to cause the preacher to be disqualified as Paul says,
I bring my body into subjection.

Crusafieing the flesh and its passions are only done properly through gods sanctifying spirit, it's an inner change wrought through our faith given us.

We are sanctified the same way we are justified, by faith in the powerful workings of God's spirit, it's all about casting away doubts and that rise up in our minds that says, GOD CAN'T DO THAT.

Reckon your selfs dead unto sin, and fully, fully , fully alive unto God in Jesus Christ. When you believe that You will see the power of god in your life to make you holy as the flesh starts to learn its place like the pitty full dog it is , hating even the inergarment stained by the flesh , learn to hate flesh.

2020/12/28 17:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy