SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Is it God or the Devil?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Is it God or the Devil?

Is it God or the Devil?

I have asked this question many times after natural disasters have occurred, and we knew this hurricane was coming, and there was much intercession, and strong faith decrees and declarations were made, and yet we still took a direct hit. We have seen God in the past turning storms, and even causing a hurricane to implode, but not this one.

We have seen many natural disasters days following American leaders attempting peace in the Middle East by dividing up the land of Israel. We know that Donald Trump has been a great friend of Israel, and America has blessed the nation of Israel for the last 4 years, and has been blessed by God.

When asking the question concerning a natural disaster being of God or not, we often quote this scripture :
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” ( John 10:10) so from applying this scripture, we would believe that the destruction caused by this hurricane is not of God. But where was God in all this?
Did this hurricane catch God By surprise and change His is plan and purpose for SouthwestLa.?

“The Lord will take vengeance on His adversaries,
And He reserves wrath for His enemies;
The Lord is slow to anger and great in power,
And will not at all acquit the wicked.
The Lord has His way
In the whirlwind and in the storm,
And the clouds are the dust of His feet.” (Nahum 1:2,3)

Aaron Doxey delivered an excellent message this morning on 1 Peter where the Apostle speaks of the testing or proving of our faith being much more precious than gold.

God wants to use every trial, every hardship, even the attacks of the enemy on our lives not to destroy us but to perfect our faith. The purpose of God is that gold is refined in the fire. The fire will expose the weaknesses and hidden sins in our heart, but it will also burn up the chaff, the wood, hay, and stubble, and everything that is not like Jesus in our lives.

We must believe and know that God is good, not allowing the accuser to have any place in us with his lies and accusations concerning the goodness of God.

God is for us, and we know that He is working all things for the good to those that love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Remember that we have a great High Priest, an intercessor seated at the right hand of the Father that is praying for us that our faith will not fail in this time of testing.

2020/9/28 7:43Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re: Is it God or the Devil?

This...

"God wants to use every trial, every hardship, even the attacks of the enemy on our lives not to destroy us but to perfect our faith. The purpose of God is that gold is refined in the fire. The fire will expose the weaknesses and hidden sins in our heart, but it will also burn up the chaff, the wood, hay, and stubble, and everything that is not like Jesus in our lives.

We must believe and know that God is good, not allowing the accuser to have any place in us with his lies and accusations concerning the goodness of God.

God is for us, and we know that He is working all things for the good to those that love Him and are called according to His purpose."

2020/9/28 9:24Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

“Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me.”

The cynic would say, “except when it does.”

This question will never be adequately answered this side of eternity.

All we can do is trust that God is ultimately good and wait for answers later.

2020/9/28 12:54Profile
savannah

Re: "The devil is God's devil"

One poster says,

"This question will never be adequately answered this side of eternity."

But, "what saith the Scriptures?"

In the introduction to the book, "The Sovereignty of God" we read these words,

"Who is regulating affairs on this earth today-God, or the Devil? What saith the Scriptures?
If we believe their plain and positive declarations, no room is left for uncertainty. They affirm, again and again, that God is on the throne of the universe; that the sceptre is in His hands; that He is directing all things "after the counsel of His own will." They
affirm, not only that God created all things, but also that God is ruling and reigning over all the works of His hands. They affirm that God is the "Almighty," that His will is irreversible, that He is absolute Sovereign in every realm of all His vast dominions. And surely it must be so. Only two alternatives are possible: God must either rule, or be ruled; sway, or be swayed; accomplish His own will, or be thwarted
by His creatures. Accepting the fact that He is the "Most High," the only Potentate and King of kings, vested with perfect wisdom and illimitable power, and the conclusion is irresistible that He must be God in fact as well as in name." AWP

When the Scriptures are received by faith, what is revealed is that there is no uncertainty appertaining to the stated question.

As one man so aptly stated,"The devil is God's devil."

The demons themselves will testify to that!

Job will...
Daniel will...
Joseph will...
Nebuchadnezzar will...
Pharaoh will...
Peter will...
Paul will...
John the Revelator will...

God is God!

He has no rivals!
No Competitors!

No debate!
No election!
No vote!

He keeps winning...winning...winning!

Worship God!

2020/9/28 21:14Profile
EAGLEFLYING

As one man so aptly stated,"The devil is God's devil."

The demons themselves will testify to that!

Job will...
Daniel will...
Joseph will...
Nebuchadnezzar will...
Pharaoh will...
Peter will...
Paul will...
John the Revelator will...

God is God!

He has no rivals!
No Competitors!

No debate!
No election!
No vote!

He keeps winning...winning...winning!

Worship God!

As a Warrior for Christ.. I have learned that satan had to has to ask...!!
I am reminded of the scripture. when Peter was being Tested.. Jesus said in
Matthew 26:31
And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 32But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

This is most assuring to me that if I have any legal open doors eyes, ears, mouth ect. Satan has the legal right to sift.. He has to get permission.. but there must be legal rights.
I am assured that Jesus is praying for us.. May we all be alert and look at our own hearts and see if there is any thing that the enemy can go to the LORD and say... so and so...
We give power to the enemy. We certainly have done that in the world. Calling what is evil good.. GOD sees it all.
May we repent and shut all doors and May He have Mercy on us all in JESUS name.

2020/10/19 17:37Profile
EAGLEFLYING

As a Warrior for Christ. I can say honestly that if the enemy is allowed he has to have legal entry.
Via an eye, ear or mouth or soulish gate.
I believe the LORD speaks to us when Peter was being sifted as wheat.
Matthew 26:31 KJV
31And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 32But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

It is reassuring to me that JESUS prays for us during the sifting. It is a blessing to me to make sure I have no open doors anywhere.. We must check out hearts daily.
The enemy is out to destroy us all.. BUT we Win.
May we all shut any areas we believe satan can get it.
May His mercy fall on us all daily. We certainly can see the open doors in the world today that are calling evil good.
May He have Mercy on us all.
In Christ
Sister Frannie

2020/10/19 17:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy