SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Classic Prayers for Every Need (Prayer Quotes I)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Classic Prayers for Every Need (Prayer Quotes I)

Saints,

As many of you know on SermonIndex.net we have had a series of famous quotes in a thread called: "Great Quotes" which has been going for over 15 years now. This is the first thread: https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=488&forum=35&106. and there are 21 more threads currently.

This is a new thread of a similar vision but just "prayer" quotes to God by godly people from the past and present. It is my hope that by reading godly prayers we will be encouraged in our own intimacy and prayer walks with the Lord Himself.

"Lord open my eyes that I may see, not the visible enemy, but Thy unseen chariots of deliverance." - Hannah Whitall Smith

2020/9/17 20:02Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Classic Prayers for Every Need (Prayer Quotes I)

"O merciful God, be Thou now unto me a strong tower of defence, I humbly entreat Thee. Give me grace to await Thy leisure, and patiently to be what Thou doest unto me; nothing doubting or mistrusting Thy goodness toward me; for Thou knowest what is good for me better than I do. Therefore do with me in all things what Thou wilt; only arm me, I beseech Thee, with Thine armour, that I may stand fast; above all things, taking to me the shielf of faith; praying always that I may refer myself wholly to Thy will, abiding Thy pleasure, and comforting myself in those troubles which it shall please Thee to send me, seeing much troubles as are profitable for me; and I am assuredly persuaded that all Thou doest cannot but be well; and unto Thee be all honour and glory. Amen." - Lady Jane Grey

2020/9/17 20:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"O Lord, come quickly and reign on Thy throne, for now oftentimes, something rises up within me, and triest to take possession of Thy throne: pride, covetousness, uncleanness, and sloth want to be my kings; and then evil-speaking, anger, hatred, and the whole train of vices join with me in warring against myself, and try to reign over me. I resist them, I cry out against them, and say, 'I have no other king than Christ.' O King of Peace, come and reign in me, for I will have no king but Thee! Amen." - Saint Bernard

2020/9/17 20:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Some things have not gone well today. We have had our troubles. Our hearts have been hurt. You are the healer - will You heal us? Take the tangled threads out of our clumbsy hands, disentangle them and weave them into a web of beauty! Take the dark things of the day's providences, the things that seem wrong, and by the power of Your grace, transmute them into blessing. Help us indeed to keep our hands off the strange, complex affairs of our lives - for we would only spoil the pattern which You are fashioning in us, if we attempted to adjust these complicated affairs. May You take entire charge of the myriad things of our lives that are beyond our managing, and bring good and only good out of them." - J.R. Miller

2020/9/17 20:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Trusting in Your goodness, and great mercy, Lord, I come; sick - I come to my Savior; hungry and thirsty - to the well of Life; needy - to the King of Heaven." - Thomas A Kempis

2020/9/17 20:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Make me, who so often in my health have discovered my weakness presuming on my own strength." - Thomas Fuller

2020/9/17 20:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Never leave nor forsake me in my present pilgrimage here, till Thou hast brought me safe through all trials and dangers." - Benjamin Jenks

2020/9/17 20:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"In Thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: Let me never be put to confusion." - Psalm 71:1

2020/9/17 20:19Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Let me not be distracted by lesser things from what is truly important." - Samuel Johnson

2020/9/22 14:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Jesus-Omega, grant me to serve You, to proclaim You, to glorify You, to make You manifest, to the very end through all the time that remains to me of life, and above all through my death. Desperatly, Lord Jesus, I commit to Your care my last active years, and my death; do not let them impair or spoil my work I have so dreamed of achieving for You." - Teilhard De Chardin

2020/9/22 14:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy