SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian world view

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sree

Christian world view

I have this question, how can someone who is born again and hearing the truth of the full gospel, not have a Christain world view? I see believers whom I consider as better than most nominal Christians but their world view is similar to unbelievers, they do not have a Biblical perspective of this world at all. Their stand on Islam, abortion, and homosexuality are very liberal.

For example, they believe Islam and the Bible are equally violent; I won't do abortions but others can do it if they want, we need to give them freedom; homosexuals are persecuted people, etc.

I was born and raised as Hindu and some 12 years back I accepted Christ and my world view has changed since then.

2020/9/11 10:53Profile
havok20x

Re: Christian world view

Attempting to hold a Christian worldview and simulataneously hold other world views will automatically create contradictions. The answer to your question can only be known based upon the source of the conflicting worldview. Are they ignorant of the Scriptures? Have they been taught by trusted sources to hold these contradictions? If so, then yes, a Christian can hold contradictory world views due to immaturity. I would reason that every Christian to some degree still has old, hold-over ideas that will eventually pass away.

If however they are obstinate, receive no correction from the Lord, reject the correction they receive from godly counsel, or continue to shed Christianity for worldliness, then no. They aren’t even Christian. They have adopted tenets of Christianity because it was expedient to do so.

2020/9/11 15:53Profile
Sree

Re:

They are Bible-believing Christians who know the Bible to most extant. I am trying to understand at what point a Christian will have his world view change. It for close to 5 years they are in a very Godly Church and listen to solid mature teaching. Still have a world view that is totally contradicting to the Bible. When I show them the contradiction from Biblical perspective, they look at me as if I am an alien. Their look basically means how do you apply the Bible in these matters?

2020/9/11 16:58Profile
havok20x

Re: Christian world view

My recommendation is that you ask them what they believe and point out the contradictions. If they don’t respond well, bring other believers to discuss it with them. If they still hold to ungodly positions, bring it before the church.

Make sure you give opportunity for The Holy Spirit to convict. These issues are not secondary, so it is important that we encourage one another in godliness.

2020/9/12 19:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy