SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : ARE YOU ENLISTED?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
docs

Re:

Like I correctly assumed, you won't answer whether you are part of and joined to a local body or not. This part of our walk is essential, especially in these days. Being part of the body of CHRIST most times brings with it a desire to be with and fellowship with other believers.

Prophets can be a public nuisance calling us to repentance etc. and upsetting our comfortable routines etc. I agree with that, but that doesn't mean they are all lone rangers floating about with no legitimate scriptural connection to a local body and spiritual oversight.

Since you won't answer, I can only assume you are likely a lone ranger. If I'm wrong, please inform me so. My ears are open.

2020/9/12 9:31Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re:

I am not part of Roman Catholic Orthodoxy, which is nothing more than a religious business. You seem to be confused in this matter of "church" and "the body of the MESSIAH". In 99% of the cases, they are NOT one and the same. So no, I do not play their religious game. They are judaizers. They want to put new wine into old wine skins. They parrot what others have said before them who add too or take from Scripture.

Rom_16:17  Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Every denomination is a root of division. Otherwise it would be called a local congregation. So be it.
I will not bow to baal. YESHUA said "GO". Denominations say "come". Who's right? Do you hate me because I tell you the truth. These things have been going on for centuries, all the way back to the first century. When man errs by adding too or taking from Scripture, he enters into deception. I happen to despise deception. Do you want to hate me for that? Have at it.

Act_5:29  Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

And one other question, if I may. You mentioned "spiritual oversight". Hmmm. Who oversees the spiritual overseers? Are they lone rangers? ;)

You have a blessed day, doc.

2020/9/13 7:46Profile

Re: Onesimus4God

And one other question, if I may. You mentioned "spiritual oversight". Hmmm. Who oversees the spiritual overseers? Are they lone rangers? ;)

They are lone rangers, albeit that many have a fabulous ingenuity of making up the fabric of governance to hide their lone ranger activities.

2020/9/13 18:21
docs

Re:

/I am not part of Roman Catholic Orthodoxy, which is nothing more than a religious business. You seem to be confused in this matter of "church" and "the body of the MESSIAH". In 99% of the cases, they are NOT one and the same. So no, I do not play their religious game. They are judaizers. They want to put new wine into old wine skins. They parrot what others have said before them who add too or take from Scripture./

I did not say or ask anything about Roman Catholic Orthodoxy. At best, your answer seems a bit odd. How do you associate my comments with Roman Catholic Orthodoxy?

Christ said He would build His church. "Church", an assembly of ones called out by the Messiah, is not an unscriptural word or term when kept in its proper place and context. Those who belong to the true confessing Church are part of the body of Christ.

99% are wrong? So you consider yourself to be among the distinct 1% who aren't wrong? What about the rest of us? And again, how does Roman Catholic Orthodoxy figure into this? Or Baal, a ancient god of fertility?

It's just that these days, in my opinion, we should all remember,

"not forsaking the assembling of ourselves (plural, more than one), together, AS IS THE MANNER OF SOME, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching." (Hebrews 10:25)

Apostles, prophets etc. in some way or manner should be part of a true Christian group somewhere. Spiritual oversight can be a blessing and safeguard and even a refuge.

/And one other question, if I may. You mentioned "spiritual oversight". Hmmm. Who oversees the spiritual overseers? Are they lone rangers? ;)?

No. Truly godly men who have the responsibility of being a spiritual overseer usually have others who can counsel, help and hold them accountable to a degree. Godly overseers are not designed to operate on their own.

I don't hate you or anything like that, it's just that I have a strong sense your words many times berate and brow beat more than they edify. Condemnation is different than conviction. These type of attitudes and great and swelling words many times come from those who feel they know the truth better than others and thereby feel justified in being separate and alone without having to give account anywhere. It's not God's way. Since you have still not answered where and who you fellowship with, I can only assume you operate on your own to a large degree and don't like your words being tested for authenticity. It's not God's way.

2020/9/14 10:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy