SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Some scriptural Reasons Christians should not wear masks in church services or stay on lockdown

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Some scriptural Reasons Christians should not wear masks in church services or stay on lockdown

Saints,

This is a clear word that I believe much of it we can all easily agree with in these times. It is written from a godly sister with good testimony. I encourage brethren to read this post.

---

Some scriptural Reasons Christians should not wear masks in church services or stay on lockdown.

Dear Saints at home and abroad,
The Lord’s glory and reputation is at stake in this matter of
mask wearing especially during gatherings unto Christ and in his name.
Psalm 83: 18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH,
art the most high over all the earth.

Below are some scriptural reasons the Lord mercifully inspired.

In Hebrews 10:25 The bible clearly exhorts us not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together and exhorting one
another especially as we see the day approaching,

1. ABOUT MEETING- Should fear of plague or a disease that has less than 5 percent chance of death cause us
to refrain from gathering WITH CHRIST and his people? Is that all it takes in the west when our fellow saints in
china, Iran, North Korea etc. insist to meet though they face the threat of imminent death and lifelong imprisonment in labor camps?

MASKS- And when we meet should we muzzle our mouths and not sing aloud praises to our God for fear of catching a virus? What kind of God allows his people to catch sicknesses and diseases as they are praising Him?
Psalm 22:3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. Only a dead, cruel and powerless god not the God of Israel who dwells
with and inhabits his people? Saints let us be careful not to spoil Gods reputation in the eyes of men and our future generations.

DOES WEARING MASKS GLORIFY OR DEFAME GOD?

Scripture teaches us to do all things for Gods glory;
1 Corinthians 10:31 “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.”
WILL wearing masks GLORIFY CHRIST? By glorify is meant does it help other people to see who God truly is? Does it
aid people to truly see the nature, might and worth of our
God? Does it fulfill or hinder the purpose of Christ on earth? The scripture exhorts saints to glorify Christ in all we
do. Will people love and have faith in God more when
Christians are wearing masks, fearful of catching sicknesses or spreading plague like sickness as they meet with GOD?

What kind of God will allow his people to catch plague like diseases as they meet with him i.e. gather unto
Him? Where 2 or 3 are gathered in His name He is there.
(or is he not?)

If the shadow of Peter could heal sicknesses what can the manifest presence of Christ do?

ANSWER: Perhaps saints we need to reconsider and ask ourselves, is the presence and power of Christ really in our midst? WE need to repent of any way we are not
obeying his word and ask Gods presence and power to be restored to his church. No plagues will prevail in his
presence or overtake our gatherings if Christ the power of God is present indeed. Let us consider our ways and
repent if Ichabod (1 Samuel 4) has occurred in our lives and churches. ‘the glory of god has left?

Luke 5:17 “And it came to pass on a certain day, as he was teaching, that there were Pharisees and doctors of the law sitting by, which were come out of every town of Galilee, and Judaea, and Jerusalem: and the power of the Lord was present to heal them”

We believers are LIVING EPISTLES (2 Corin.3:1-3) (that the world is daily reading. We are a peculiar people, a
people who are called to be a sign and a wonder.
Isaiah 8:18. We are called to provoke people primarily to faith in God. Again, if our God can’t even keep a
virus from us when we are in his presence worshipping him, what kind of God is that? Certainly not one unbelievers will feel drawn to trust or believe in? Should we be fearful and cowardly and always trust in worldly
solutions like masks especially if it hinders us doing Gods commands? If we are fearful and cowardly and no confidence in Gods power and protection what will the sinners do?

2 Corinthians 3:2
2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

We like Israel of old are called to be signs and wonders.
Isaiah 8:18 “Behold, I and the children who, the Lord hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.”

Is wearing masks in the gatherings with Jesus and saints a sign of faith, trust and belief in Christ? Or is it a sign of fear,
mistrust and unbelief? Even if masks and social distancing
prevent saints from catching corona like everyone else, will sinners be led to have faith in God more or increase their
faith in science and masks more? If only 1 maskless christian who continues to preach, lay hands on sick, gather with
saints gets preserved by God from corona it will do more to glorify Gods name than 1000 masked Christians who get
kept from church and/or from corona by masks. The masks and doctors and scientists will get all glory as they already are.
Romans 14:23 “…Whatsoever is not of faith is sin”
Isaiah 26:4 “Trust ye in the Lord forever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength;”
Faith without works is dead and the work is to BELIEVE. This is the work that we believe in Him whom he has sent.

2. LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR?
THE GREATEST WAY TO LOVE TO NEIGHBOR IS PREACH
THE GOSPEL not staying away for fear of sickness or death- There are some accepting devil inspired wisdom and wisdom of seducing spirits saying LOVE IS when
Christians wear masks. Wearing masks and staying 6 feet apart is showing love to your neighbor. Be wise as
serpents and innocent as doves saints. The greatest love is laying down our lives for the brethren. John 15:13
Risking death and sickness to preach the gospel is the greatest love I can show to my fellow man. The greatest good I can do for my neighbor is telling the truth of the good news which sets free and brings eternal life.
Preaching the gospel and drawing near to our neighbor is love, not staying away. The good samaritan did not see the bleeding man as unclean nor stayed 6 feet
away. The pharisees and levites did so. Jesus said and is still saying beware of the leaven of pharisees. We are
commanded to preach the gospel and to lay hands on
and heal the sick. Believers are commanded to heal the sick and see them recover. Obeying Gods command is showing love to the brethren. By this we know we love the brethren, when we obey God and keep his
commandments. To obey is to lay hands on the sick
and see them recover not wearing mask and keeping 6 feet apart. Perfect love casts out fear because fear has torment.
Matthew 10:8 “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.”
Matthew 10:1 “And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.”
Luke 9:1-2. “Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. 2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
Luke 10:9 “And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.”
Acts 4:29-31 29 And now, Lord, behold their threatening: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Servants of God must practice the laying on of hands when we need to. Social distancing will not permit us to
fully practice this. Laying on of hands for anointing the sick with oil and healing them, ordaining ministers, praying for someone, imparting a gift.
Mark16:18 “They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”
Jesus touched people with contagious diseases, like leprosy. At that time, the law of the land was that lepers could not interact with the rest of society because of
the level of contagion. However, Jesus touched them. Jesus did not follow that law. He knew who he was. Do we know who He is? For we claim he dwells in us and
he is the same yesterday today and forever. The lepers were not rebuked by him (nor reminded about social
distancing or the law by him) for coming close to him.
Matthew 8: 2,3 “And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
Luke 4:40
Beloved now is a perfect opportunity to share the gospel to those that are looking for hope and a way out of fear that torments.. 1 John 4: “..Fear hath torment…”Christs perfect love in us will compel us to want to cast this fear out of others.

3. Should CHRISTIANS SHOULD OBEY ALL AUTHORITY, GOOD OR BAD?.
Should Shadrach Meshach Abednego have obeyed the king to bow down to idols? Should the wise men
have obeyed King Herod and told the king where the
baby Jesus was? Should Peter and Paul have stopped preaching in the name of Jesus when the spiritual authorities ie pharisees said so?

Some argue bible commands Christians to obey authorities in Romans 13…this is true yes but remember we obey
authorities in the Lord and to the lord. But when authorities
are not submitted to God and make laws that conflict with Gods law and even sometimes promote evil, we obey GOD rather than man as the apostles said. You judge if we should obey man rather than God.

Jesus said of Herod the KING i.e. authority “Go tell that fox…” i.e. Herod was a deceptive and proud ruler who said he wanted one thing yet had wicked godless
motives and intentions. Eg To kill the baby Jesus though claiming he wanted to go and worship him. Jesus
Himself called king Herod a fox and God Himself commanded the wise men not to obey the kings command. (not to go back and tell him where the baby was)

AGENDA/MOTIVES OF CURRENT LAW MAKERS in USA

In leadership right now in our nation, some that are in authority are rebellious lawbreakers and are not
following the guidelines of the president or the current administration or constitution. Many mandates of the
local authorities are against the legal agreed on law of the land and the US constitution. Many including the president and other law abiding govt officials have pointed out these lawless lawmakers have ungodly
personal motives and political ungodly even devilish influenced agendas.

Jesus said his church should be wise as serpents but innocent as doves. We should be able to identify and
reject the devices of satan and the many ways he will try to ensnare and undermine the church’s power. We
should walk in the spirit and be spiritually discerning or woe is us in these last days. Fear of man or govt will be
a snare but fear of God Almighty will keep us safe.

ARE WE TRUSTING SCIENCE AND SCIENTISTS WORDS MORE THAN SCRIPTURES?
The science behind the mask and lockdowns have been admittedly wrong many times and keep changing. There is even now currently a division among the medical professions about the effectiveness of the mask. Many are saying it weakens the immune system
making one susceptible to other diseases. Plus, current data states that the mortality rate of the virus is about
1-2%, survival rate of 98.54%, some say the mortality rate is 0.2% yet the measures are devilish and could cause more harm than good in church society and families. Let God be true and every man a liar. We will trust Him and his healing word.

CONCLUSION

Dear Saints, We the born again blood bought saints of God are called to be an extraordinary people, indwelt by Christ,
Christ in us the hope of glory, this Christ who is called the power of God and the wisdom of God (1 Cor 1:24) dwells
within saints by faith. Saints are indwelt by a supernatural
God and through the Holy Spirit are endued with supernatural power over sickness and even death.
Our Christ is our ETERNAL SAVIOR. He is an AMAZING HEALER,
A GREAT PROTECTOR, OUR MIGHTY FORTRESS, A STRONG
AND MIGHTY TOWER, HIS NAME OUR REFUGE, THE GREAT
PHYSICIAN, THE RESURRECTION AND LIFE. HE IS ALL THIS AND
MORE. Let the lives of the church declare it so to the world lest we be found to be liars and offend our God.
We are to obey good laws and authorities that do not cause us to violate our Christian consciences or break God’s laws. Jesus said many will come in his name and deceive many in the last days, that can include some governments or government officials saints. Vile men
and women will be exalted in the land in the last days
and satan will stop at nothing to get them to make the church ineffective by twisting the scriptures.” Let us Be sober, be vigilant for our adversary the devil cause around like a roaring lion…” As they made laws for
Daniel and Shadrach and friends even now it is so and will become increasingly more so.”Let us continue to obey and give honor to whom honor is due but we shall not be ignorant of satan the angel of lights devices against the body of Christ.

ANSWER? Our Churches need the presence and power of God. The power of God should be present to heal the sick in our gatherings. Again, if people can get sick
with corona etc. in our services, it is a sign we need to repent and go back to the place of God’s power and
presence. Peter shadow healed the sick, what will Jesus manifest presence in our midst do?

May Christ be glorified, and His wisdom and power be magnified in his Church in the last days brethren.

Grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirits. Amen.
Prayer
(A Song or Psalm of Asaph.)
1. Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.
For, lo, thine enemies make a tumult: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
They have taken crafty counsel against thy people and consulted against thy hidden ones.
They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
For they have consulted together with one consent: they are confederate against thee:
The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes; 7 Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre; 8 Assur also is joined with them: they have holpen the children of Lot. Selah.
Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison:
Which perished at Endor: they became as dung for the earth.
Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna:
Who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession.
O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind.
As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire; 15 So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm.
16 Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD. 17 Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:
18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.
Hebrews 10:21-25
And having an high priest over the house of God;
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

Exodus 15:26 “And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in
his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.”

Amen.
Sis Maggie

2020/7/22 12:21Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Some scriptural Reasons Christians should not wear masks in church services or st

//What kind of God will allow his people to catch plague like diseases as they meet with him i.e. gather unto
Him? Where 2 or 3 are gathered in His name He is there.
(or is he not?)//

It’s already happened plenty of times, so you tell me. Whole choirs have been infected.

If a person doesn’t want to wear a mask in church I could care less but they can’t complain or blame God if they get sick or pass it on to at risk family members. The virus does not magically fall out of people’s bodies as they enter the building. It is wishful thinking to think churchgoers are miraculously immune.

I personally won’t be attending church in person, even with a mask, until all this dies down. I agree online church is obviously not ideal, but our online Bible study is actually as good as it is in person.

2020/7/22 15:38Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Some scriptural Reasons Christians should not wear masks in church services or st

2020/7/23 12:36Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

John Lake Protected From Bubonic Plague:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/everestalexander.wordpress.com/2015/10/18/john-g-lake-bubonic-plague-testimony/amp/

2020/7/23 12:38Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Mike-
Not 100% sure what your point is. Neither I nor any reasonable Christian would say God does not sometimes protect his followers.

At the same time thousands of Christians die every year from disease.

Covid-19 is a disease that Christians can catch.

Are you saying they can’t? If so then I guess the test for true faith is susceptibility to Covid-19.

2020/7/23 13:05Profile
staff

Re:

TMK, Overall I have to agree with you here while understanding Greg's Concerns.
The question here is Has this gone too far and is this a delibrate attempt to halt our spiritual freedom in Christ by Satan and a delibrate attempt to halt our religous freedoms by our Government?
On the first one we can be sure Satan has a hand in this no doubt.Yes by some government and no by others.
I do not like the idea of wearing masks on the one hand because here we are a shining light to the world preaching the power and healing of Christ and we dont seem to be as powerless as anyone else.
On the other hand I dont think wearing masks has crossed a the line of being persecuted but has put possible future persecution on the table or in the ball park.
Where is the Line Then you may ask?
For me the line is biblical and its a thing God hates.
The thing God hates is for his people to be counted .
The passage where Satan caused David to count the people is very revealing about the end times and about Gods view of the Church .The church and the final amount of people in the Church are for God to know and no one else .As David found out when he counted what did not belong to him the consequences were pretty dire.
I dont believe they have crossed the line with Masks but I wont attend Church if I have to sign,become an official Church member of if I have to sign in for the case of Coronavirus.So I wont get involved in the counting of Christians thats for God to know not me or David ,urs staff

2020/7/23 18:31Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Christians wear seatbelts because risk of harm from an auto accident is real. A Christian does not HAVE to wear a seatbelt but they may get a ticket if they don’t and they may fly through the windshield in a bad wreck.

I don’t see the difference. Obviously if there was no Covid virus, masks would not be necessary. But because the risk is real- like the risk of getting into a car accident is real, we wear a mask.

I don’t see how logically the two scenarios are different. All kinds of precautions are taken against known risks. I don’t think it’s a lack of faith or a sign of weakness to use our brains.

Why all of a sudden is this virus a spiritual issue instead of simply a medical issue?

2020/7/23 18:50Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Tmk,
I agree with you on the practicalities of Corona virus and of course you are right where we find ourself is with a disease that we have to take precautions against.
It becomes a spiritual issue because the way many of the politicians are using the virus to cause mayhem and anarchy.These politicians and related media are clearly with doubt in my opinion being influenced by principalities and powers.I have never seen politicians and media being so overtly evil.
So we are walking a fine line in doing what is practical and right to do to stop covid and watching and fighting a force that is very evil and using our predicament to spread choas and would in a flash stop Christian Worship,Its the classic Rock and a hard place but Jesus is our Rock is the redeeming factor ,staff
P.s Over the years I have argued as many know against finding Persecution behind every stone and am not a post tribulationist as many are on SI .However although I will do like you follow medical and practical advice I also realize thier is an amazing evil force at play at the moment ,a force we havent seen in our lifetimes so I am vigilant too.

2020/7/23 20:24Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I also realize thier is an amazing evil force at play at the moment

Amen brother, I believe anyone with spiritual eyes to see can see there is evil in the background of all of this.

Ephesians 6:10-13 KJV

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

2020/7/24 7:06Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: 99% survival rate

this has to be one of the greatest shams of all time...

100 the enemy has fingerprints all over it...
he came to kill,steal,and destroy- just look around 🤷🏽‍♂️

Tend to agree with the OP at least in general. If people that identify as Christians wear a mask in faith that would be different than people wearing one in fear,... that would by definition be sin. The way to tell the difference is when someone is wearing a mask in faith towards God, they aren’t requiring that you wear one also. When a person is acting in fear, that triggering of their self-preservation mechanism, they desire control so they will naturally require you to wear one too and use every agency available to make you do it (even tho it says on the box it doesn’t protect against this flu).

There are cases of Christians who might need to be more cautious but that has more to do with their spiritual health and less with their physical health.
If someone wants to wear a mask at church, I personally wouldn’t restrict them from doing so,... however to require that everyone does is a gross overreact and signals an end in itself to the self-governance of the Church as we knew it :(

If the media didn’t hype this flu up, it would not have had this effect- full stop.
Everyone knows it, wether they admit it to themselves or not. They (med officials) are and were wrong about EVERY single prediction and yet people continue to listen and follow them.
This has been incentivized monetarily for the medical community to participate in this obviously planned event. It’s only a step towards a definitive end whereby a greater destruction (also planned) occurs. We are (mostly) all playing along and pretending that things which aren’t true are true by virtue of masses of people collectively participating in it (albeit for differing reasons)... mass deception is afoot and I’ll prove it right now to every reader of this post-

“If the medical community said in concert that the ONLY way to avoid contracting this virus was to smoke cigarettes and the government’s required via mandates that everyone comply and smoke them,... would you all be so quick to comply? “

James 1:16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

It’s a lie!!! From the father of lies !!
But we have been so slack, so worldly in our practice of faith- conditioned over decades to act just like the unbelieving that it’s not difficult for most to conform to the image of the world, which is precisely what is happening... aka; the great falling away :(

This is not different and not separate from Americans pretending that J Biden isn’t sliding down the slippery slope of dementia.... which he obviously and undeniably is and couldn’t run a register at Baskin Robbins for a week so how pray-tell could he run the worlds most powerful military and largest economy ?? To even suggest he has a capable is an affront to all honest and rational people everywhere, yet we are all silent and compliant because we fear man more than we fear God and that my dear brothers and sisters will be charged to our our accounts. This is the same “spell” that leads to people pretending that gender is a social construct and not a biological reality, there really is no difference in that they are both lies from the pit of hell and are given life through the belief (denial of conscience) and the participation (silence) of the masses... this road leads to one place - destruction:(

2020/7/24 9:08Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy