SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Kanye West

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother David

You wrote;

“It gets a little complicated. I don't believe Kanye West automatically deserves our support just because he is a Christian.”

I wasn’t suggesting it was incumbent upon Christians to support his bid for president but we do have an obligation to support him in his walk with the Lord 🙏🏻

2020/7/10 12:25Profile
docs

Re:

It's no problem bro.. I was mainly responding to Caleb4life.

I hope and pray Kanye continues to single out Planned Parenthood and its origins of clandestinely targeting the black community which they saw as genetically inferior.

2020/7/10 12:34Profile
Caleb4life

Minnesota

Re:

Thanks for your reply dear Brother Todd.

You asked:

"If this is what you believe why do anything"

To clarify, that is not what I believe. My aim has been to understand what you brothers believe and why. I do not want to put words into anyone's mouth.

Brother David has stated in multiple ways that:

"God's plans will be done one way or the other"

"so whoever becomes the next President will not do so without God orchestrating it in some sovereign way even though we may not understand all things"

"....the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever He will, and sets over it the lowest of men." (Daniel 4:17)

God has His way no matter what things look like in the natural."

Yet at the same time, he is compelled to vote, as are you. So, if it's ultimately King Jesus who will choose the President, then it's a fair question, why vote?

Even so, you guys have already stated it's because voting is a responsibility of the saints, as part of looking out for the welfare of the country we live in (David), and because we can and it's our duty to advance God's interests (You).

Can you see how your perspective could be confusing?

With that said, brother Todd (or David), what Biblical examples from the life of Christ Jesus show that He participates in politically advancing the interests of a government other than His Kingdom?

2020/7/10 13:13Profile
Caleb4life

Minnesota

Re:

Dear brother Fletcher,

Thank you for clarifying that you were not suggesting Christians should support Kanye's bid for president.

That said, what is your perspective on supporting anyone's bid for President?

Amen to supporting Kanye and anyone in their walk with the Lord!

2020/7/10 13:16Profile
docs

Re:

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are APPOINTED BY GOD. (Romans 13:1)

Therefore, as Christians we pray and try and discern who we believe would be God's choice. The Spirit of Jesus, who did not openly back any earthly political system, also inspired these Scriptures. Presidents are the chief law enforcement officer of the nation when they are in office. Politics has become as it is in part because the church was taught that that realm does not concern us and the church walked away from it. Now we are paying a huge price.

"But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare." (Jeremiah 29:7)

If I seek the welfare of the city and land I am in, then surely that would involve trying to cast a responsible vote in regrds to those who are going to lead the city or land.

2020/7/10 13:33Profile
Caleb4life

Minnesota

Re:

Thank you for the reply brother David! 100% agree with being subject to the governing authorities as appointed by God, but not seeing that passage as a proof text for voting (do you?).

100% agree with praying for God's will to be done as well.

However, if Jesus did not back an earthly political system, why should we, who are to walk as he walked?

As the church that "walks away" from politics, walks in Christ Jesus, and His Kingdom, we are that much closer to Heaven on earth which we know is imminent. No?

Regarding seeking the welfare of the city we are exiled in, at least in keeping with Jeremiah's pattern (and Christ Jesus also), that has everything to do with exhorting people to follow King Jesus (not men), right?

It also involves loving our neighbors as ourselves, being the servant of all, and laying down our lives for our friends. So it's definitely not an inactive or passive sitting back and watching the world burn, perish the thought.

2020/7/10 14:22Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

If Jesus is Lord of our life then He is Lord of every part of life. In religious life, in cultural life, in political life, in business and our relation to society and toward the moral crash around us, He is Lord. That means taking a stand in practical ways against the world spirit of our age that seeks to destroy all that we hold dear.

God's life-saving, life-changing power in the believer brings the responsibility to touch the world around us in every way.

In Christ,

2020/7/10 21:07Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Social media with its hollow, meaningless pastimes can eat up your time. Mindless entertainment can cheapen and weaken your soul. It is each person’s responsibility to choose which pursuit he will follow. “Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you” (Matthew 6:33).

2020/7/11 10:33Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Todd wrote:

Quote:
I think Christians should vote In the US because they can. Here in the US the platform of one party is far less offensive to God than the platform of the other party. Therefore, I feel it is my duty as a Christian, after prayer and yes, even using my brain, to vote for the party that is most likely to advance Gods interests, or at minimum do the least to hurt God’s interests.

Amen, well said bro.

Quote:
I doubt I could ever vote for Kanye because I do use my brain.

Lol, true, him as the President and Kim Kardashian as the First Lady would make America crazy again. That said, maybe in 2024 after 4 whole years have past and there is more maturity and knowledge it may be another story.

2020/7/11 16:29Profile
docs

Re: Kanye drops out

No longer in the race because he can't get his name on key ballots in key states.

2020/7/15 9:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy