SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Kanye West

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Kanye West

Going maybe to ciphen off votes that would have gone to Pres Trump instead who West no longer supports. I wonder if Kanye has spiritual advisors or a pastor he listens to. We will see.

I sense President Trump is losing ground but God's plans will be done one way or the other. The date of the election is pretty close.

2020/7/8 16:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Kanye West

Mark 10:17-31 King James Version (KJV)

17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.

21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

26 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?

27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.

29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,

30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

2020/7/8 19:15Profile

Hi dear brother David!

Who do you think Christ Jesus is voting for in the upcoming presidential election?

When you say God’s plans will be done one way or another, what is the responsibility of the saints specifically with regards to the vote?

Love you brother!

2020/7/9 10:08
docs

Re:

Well, I'm not so sure Jesus votes in elections but I understand what you mean. God works all things after His good pleasure and the counsel of His will, so whoever becomes the next President will not do so without God orchestrating it in some sovereign way even though we may not understand all things.

I believe it is a responsibility for Christians to vote. I believe that is part of looking out for the welfare of the country in which they reside. I also believe that the present anarchy in our country can be laid more at he feet of one party than the other. No candidate is ideal at this point, even the present incumbent who has unnecessarily displayed his mean side the past couple of weeks. He has hurt his campaign and owes more to those who are trying to support him. But I vote not for the ideal but for whoever I think is best for the overall welfare of the nation at election time.

2020/7/9 13:54Profile

Re:

Thank you so much for the gracious reply, dear brother. I appreciate you saying you know what I mean when I'm asking who Jesus is voting for. Which brings me to another question for you.

You said:

"I believe it is a responsibility for Christians to vote."

I'm interested to learn where that belief originated from?

Also, can you think of any examples in the Scriptures that have informed that belief?

Your desire to look out for the welfare of the nation is noble, and I respect you for that dear brother. Thank you for bearing with my questions as I dig deeper into your thought process about the means of voting to achieve that end you speak of.

2020/7/9 14:09
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Caleb-

Every verse, parable etc that deals with stewardship applies to voting. We have a right to vote in this country. It is something we “own,” just like our property and money. Therefore we have a duty as stewards to use this vote as God would want us to do, just like as stewards we need to use our money etc as God sees fit.

2020/7/9 19:34Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

brother David,

I for one am hopeful that all division and discord, tho will possibly get worse in the short term, will present an opportunity for a unification of people not seen in quite a while. The Lord will use that intended for evil to the good in many cases both individually and corporately, this situation is ripe for a harvest so let us pray to the Lord of the harvest that workers be sent into the fields 🙏🏻

Regarding Kanye, he states he believes he is obeying the Lord and as such will surely make mistakes as we all have and do,... tho we aren’t on the world stage under such scrutiny so any and everything he does gets magnified- can the Lord use the foolish to confound the wise? I believe so -

After reading your post, I took opportunity to look into this and find both very encouraging and somewhat troubling things relating to this brothers recent comments tho something occurred to me as I was reading some of the more controversial comments,... perhaps “acting out” draws media scrutiny = coverage which then provides a platform to peering eyes where certain truths are presented to a much larger audience, effectively increasing the impact as it extends its reach into different strata of our society and the greater global community. Kanye is by all accounts an anomaly and will naturally be a character of interest. His conversation/confession of faith in Jesus is as public as it could be and this will be no different. It will repel some and attract others but in both cases, a well timed and presented truth can have a significant affect in this spiritual battle we’re engaged in.

So even if, like all young members, Kanye is only able to yield a smallish portion to the immediate sway of the Holy Spirit, God can do miracles with that and I believe He wants to 😇

Our country as good as it is, does have allot of spiritual work to be done and that work will build on the foundation a spiritual structure that can be better used to advance the Kingdom of God . I believe that Kanye has and will continue to bring some hard truths to light and right now he is the only one who really is at that level of influence.
One example is regarding his statements about Planned Parenthood being created by white supremest to exterminate black and brown people... it’s a fact and a simple search of Margret Sanger will reveal this. They are strategically placed in areas of highly concentrated low income minority communities/cities to carry out their evil works. They (PP) are only a member of a bigger beast. I can honestly say I have known this for years and am grateful brother Kanye is using his platform to present these facts that can better reach the public domain even and especially the young people as they are an ever growing demographic and represent the future of our country and the world not to mention the church.

Just today an advertisement came to my attention, it made me sick to my stomach but also made me acutely aware of what lies ahead.
This advertisement showed a lil girl (7-9 yr old) walking in hand with a grown man, but it wasn’t her father .... no it was the man whom was sexually molesting her !!! 😳 The add which attempts to “normalize” pedophilia by insisting it wasn’t a disorder or crime but simply an “orientation” like being homosexual. The add had several sponsors listed by name and logo out and proud .
This cannot continue, and just like Finney said, we bear the responsibility to bring down these strongholds and not allow the name of Jesus to be slandered in our streets while we only stand on the sidelines and gasp. To do so would be to claim a form of godliness but deny the power therein.

Tho brother Kanye is young in his walk with Christ, he waxes bold and I believe the Lord will honor that every way He can. When Kanye stumbles we (the body of Christ) stumbles, we would do well to provide air and ground support for him in prayer lest the name of Jesus be profaned .

Ha! didn’t intend to write so much -

2020/7/10 0:07Profile

Re:

Dear brothers David, Todd and Fletcher,

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and perspectives!

If I could restate what I’m interpreting through your posts, would this be close to accurate? (Bear in mind that I’m assuming all three of you are in full agreement that our actions on earth right now ought to coincide with His good, pleasing and perfect will, since we are His body, and One with Him.)

- King Jesus wants us to care for the welfare of our countrymen, and one means of that is absolutely, necessarily and pleasing to Him that each saint who can, casts a vote for President. This principle should apply to any saint in any country whose government allows its citizens to vote for authorities.
- King Jesus established Trump as the current President of the USA (and also Obama before him and so on), and therefore, whichever saints voted for Trump (and Obama before him and so on) were in line with the will of King Jesus and accurately voted accordingly. All other saints who voted otherwise, or abstained, were not in line with His will.
- King Jesus has appointed a “right” for saints to vote in the USA, and his parables and other verses in the Bible that deal with stewardship indicate that saints ought to vote, because King Jesus wants us to.
- Since Kanye is a professing brother in Christ now, King Jesus wants us to support him through prayer and on the ground (voting and campaigning support?), if he does formally run and become eligible on ballets, because saints should obviously vote for a brother in Christ. If not, then what?

*edited to add Kanye point in regards to brother Fletcher's post*

Ok, if I’m tracking with you brothers, what’s still difficult for me to grasp is the answer to the question of who King Jesus is voting for in the upcoming Presidential elections here in the USA?

Thanks for bearing with me on these matters and for clarifying where I may be misunderstanding you guys.

Much love!❤️🙏🏼

2020/7/10 8:37
docs

Re:

It gets a little complicated. I don't believe Kanye West automatically deserves our support just because he is a Christian. His intentions may be good but yet he may just outright lack the overall ability to be President. Likewise, if two candidates run for President and neither is a Christian, I believe we are still obligated to pray and try as best we can to determine who would be the better President for our nation at that time. The Bible never promises that under this current world system that we will always have a Christian as President. That might be desirable but it's never promised as something we can count on.

"....the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever He will, and sets over it the lowest of men." (Daniel 4:17)

God has His way no matter what things look like in the natural. I prefer a Christian President big time but it may not always work out that way.

Meanwhile, somehow and some way this President needs to lay down his pride and listen to others and realize that not all of his tweets end up working for his advantage. Major strategists in his own party have said openly his recent tweets were very counter productive to his re-election efforts. He owes it to those supporting him for re-election to listen more to others on this issue. That should be one of our prayers for him.

2020/7/10 10:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//and therefore, whichever saints voted for Trump (and Obama before him and so on) were in line with the will of King Jesus and accurately voted accordingly. All other saints who voted otherwise, or abstained, were not in line with His will.//

If this is what you believe why do anything? Why pray? Why evangelize? Why do good? King Jesus will do what he’s going to do anyway.

I think Christians should vote In the US because they can. Here in the US the platform of one party is far less offensive to God than the platform of the other party. Therefore, I feel it is my duty as a Christian, after prayer and yes, even using my brain, to vote for the party that is most likely to advance Gods interests, or at minimum do the least to hurt God’s interests.

I doubt I could ever vote for Kanye because I do use my brain.

2020/7/10 11:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy