SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Jacobs trouble

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
kaiamacejko

Jacobs trouble

G'day brother

I believe Revelation 12 paints a clear picture of the days you are speaking of. It succinctly describes some of the major events and characters.

It is my conviction that the "women" mentioned in the chapter is Israel, the dragon is satan/anti-christ and the "rest of her offspring" —those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus = the true church.

The chapter outlines that the "dragon" will at first (verse 13)persecute and pursue the "women" and later (verse 15) spew out a flood upon the women, in attempt to destroy her.

The "dragon" will have a season of world dominance, yet limited by our great God. It would appear that Where ever the dragons kingdom has power he will pursue the woman and when he can no longer reach her he will turn his hatred towards "her offspring" the church, that means us.

I know Art Katz had spoken of this flight of the Jewish people, yet to come, in many messages he spoke, as already mentioned in other posts.

I heard Art say that he believed that the "Jacob" of "Jacob's trouble" was not only a title, but a condition. Meaning that the Jewish people would more rightly be called Jacob at this present time because they are yet to meet the Lord in the wilderness (remember Peniel, genesis 32)and become "Israel".

Art also stated that he thought that Jacob's trouble could be found where ever Jacob (Jews) could be found.

You said: The question I am battling with is this, is it only in the land of Israel they will be killed or a worldwide slaughter.

so in answer
Where ever the reach of the anti-christ CAN reach, he will attempt to destroy the Jew.

There are many scriptures that I believe build a picture of God's last days dealings with Israel. I did a study on it last year and would be happy to send you a list of many scriptures that seem connected to this theme.

It seems to be a hotly contested subject in certain circles. I can only say that ever since I started reading God's word from end to end that it was one of the clear themes, simple me, could see throughout scripture.

God bless you friend

2020/5/31 6:22Profile
docs

Re: Jacobs trouble

I agree with your assessment of Rev 12 and the other references you made.

Jacob's Trouble will come down basically to the Judeo-centric tribulation that will be set of by the event of Matthew 24:15 - leading to Matthew 24:21. The man of sin, the literal man of sin, will be showing no favors during this time to the Jew and the Church. Jewish people will be in need of some type of refuge during this time and I believe along with everything else it is called to during this time that reaching out to Jews will be part of that divine mandate.

/It seems to be a hotly contested subject in some areas./

It's my opinion that is because of replacement theology.

Blessings.

2020/5/31 8:32Profile
HeartSong

Re: Jacobs trouble

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

- Psalm 91

2020/6/2 1:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy