SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : GOT JOY?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico

GOT JOY?

1Th 5:16 Rejoice evermore.

REJOICE - great delight

Where is this joy forever more? You certainly don't see it among most "church folks". I've been on the platform for years singing and preaching. I've looked at countless faces "in church" that look like they just lost their spouse or best friend. Where is the JOY?

JOY - the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires

Truly born again people should be the most joyful people in the world! Pressed down, shaken together and running over with joy. Where is the joy? Why is it not evident? Why are folks living a life of "another day of drudgery and disappointment"?

I'll tell you why.

Psa_16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Joy has only one source. It is a river that never runs dry. Joy comes from "being in HIS PRESENCE". Connected in the communion of DEATH to self will and sin, and alive unto HIM.

LOOK at yourself! Think about how you spend your time, that you have been given stewardship over. What do you waste so much time doing? What are you pursuing?

When you fall in love with someone, and they with you, you pursue spending every available moment with them. And when you are with them, everything is alright, JOY. And when you are apart, nothing is JOY.

Now, lets bring this back into view, about "where is your joy"? If it only comes from one place, and it does, and you don't have any joy, then what does that tell you and all those around you? YOU DO NOT SPEND TIME WITH HAYAH (I AM). There is no other conclusion. No time with HAYAH, no JOY. Because HE is the dispenser of JOY. IN HIS PRESENCE and ONLY IN HIS PRESENCE do we get connected to the river of JOY.

SAINTS are so unbelievably RICH in the things of HAYAH, THEY ARE FULL OF JOY. They know HIS promises, and obey HIS commandments. They are free from CONDEMNATION.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Who has no condemnation? WHO? Those which are "in CHRIST"? Isn't that what it says? It is not those who "say" they are "in CHRIST" or "have accepted HIM as their personal savior".
No my friend, HIS presence comes through death. We are in communion with HIM, in HIS presence, and full of JOY, when we reckon ourselves DEAD to sin and self will, and alive unto HIM.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Didn't anyone ever tell you this? To be IMMERSED in HIM, is to be IMMERSED into HIS DEATH. What dies? SIN and SELF WILL. There is no JOY in SIN! There is no joy in SELF WILL. People do not spend time with HIM because they would rather do what they want, than what HE wants! Well, you can do that, for a season. But seasons come and go quickly. But JOY remains, if we have been baptized into HIS DEATH. (Please do not attempt to bury anyone who is not dead)

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

THEREFORE! Do you see that? Because we have died, we are ready for BURIAL by IMMERSION, that we can be RAISED UP from the DEAD (THOSE WHO ARE DEAD IN SIN) to WALK IN THE NEWNESS OF LIFE.

This NEWNESS OF LIFE is LIFE IN HIM. And those who are ALIVE IN HIM, HAVE NO CONDEMNATION! Therefore they live in HIS presence, moment by moment, and in HIS presence, THERE IS FULLNESS OF JOY.

JOY cannot be faked. LORD knows I've seen enough pretentious fake people in my life. Superficial, synthetic human beings, who say they are Christian, but HE has never known them, nor they HIM. They know all about HIM, but there is no JOY. JOY is a DIVINE GIFT. JOY is the desire to do HIS GOOD PLEASURE (Phil 2:13). It only comes from HIM. All other ground is sinking sand.

GOT JOY?

2020/5/28 8:49Profile
leyoung

Re: GOT JOY?

Hi Lahry,
True story, once a very godly man full of the Holy Spirit, his name was Jim Wilson was ministering to me in a difficult time. I was weeping buckets of tears. I’m sure to make me laugh he said to me
“Look at my face.”
.He looked at me with a serious look. As a 75ish looking guy, his face had sad lines and he looked kinda frowny faced. He then said,
“Can you tell by looking at this face that I am filled with the joy of the Lord?”
Then I laughed and he laughed joyously.
“That’s just my face” he said.

I’ve never forgotten that!
Now when people tell me I look too serious, I smile and say, “That’s just my face. I am filled with the joy of the Lord” Then I smile!
Love, L

2020/5/28 12:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy