SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is This the Only Day of Salvation?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

Is This the Only Day of Salvation?

Grateful if SI forum members who believe that this is the only day of salvation and there is no "second chance" can post the Bible verses that support this.

Thanks.

2020/5/28 1:47Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Is This the Only Day of Salvation?

This is "The Day of Salvation" because Christ has come, has died and risen, has ascended to the Father,and has been preached throughout the world.
The bible says:'It is appointed unto men, once to die, and then the judgement'

I conclude that we receive many opportunities in this life, or at least one, to hear and believe the gospel, but once having passed from this life, there is no second chance, not that I am aware of.

God bless,

2020/5/28 3:37Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi William,

Quote:
The bible says:'It is appointed unto men, once to die, and then the judgement'

But doesn’t God give men the "second chance" (indeed, many chances!) through His fierce and fiery judgements?

Isa. 26:9 –
For when the earth experiences Your judgments
The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

Ps. 78:24 –
When He slew them, then they sought Him;
And they returned and sought earnestly for God.

Hosea 5:15 –
In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me.

Look at the Book of Judges.

The people were repeatedly evil in the sight of the Lord and forgot the Lord their God and served idols. Each time the Lord turned them over to their enemies who severely oppressed them. But every time when they cried to the Lord, the Lord delivered them.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever (Heb.13:8).

Isa. 57:16-19 –
“For I will not contend forever,
Nor will I always be angry;
For the spirit would grow faint before Me,
And the breath of those whom I have made.
“Because of the iniquity of his unjust gain I was angry and struck him;
I hid My face and was angry,
And he went on turning away, in the way of his heart.
“I have seen his ways, but I will heal him;
I will lead him and restore comfort to him and to his mourners,
Creating the praise of the lips.
Peace, peace to him who is far and to him who is near,”
Says the LORD, “and I will heal him.”

Micah 7:18 –
He does not retain His anger forever,
Because He delights in unchanging love.

2020/5/28 8:20Profile
StirItUp

Re:

Hi Jade,

I'm pretty sure if one reads all those scriptures in context of the whole revelation of the bible, they refer to the people of God in their earthly life before Him, and of the covenant made between God and them.

The judgement I referred to is the Final Judgement, not merely an exam.

Of course, scripture reveals God as compassionate and longsuffering, but also as just and righteous.

To intimate that there will be second chances beyond the grave is to go beyond the clear revelation of scripture

William

2020/5/28 8:49Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi William,

Quote:
I'm pretty sure if one reads all those scriptures in context of the whole revelation of the bible, they refer to the people of God in their earthly life before Him, and of the covenant made between God and them.

1 Cor. 10:11 –
Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

1 Pet. 1:10-12 –
Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, WHO PROPHESIED OF THE GRACE THAT WOULD COME TO YOU, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand THE SUFFERINGS OF CHRIST AND THE GLORIES THAT WOULD FOLLOW. To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, BUT TO US THEY WERE MINISTERING THE THINGS WHICH NOW HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO YOU THROUGH THOSE WHO HAVE PREACHED THE GOSPEL TO YOU BY THE HOLY SPIRIT SENT FROM HEAVEN—things which angels desire to look into.

Quote:
The judgement I referred to is the Final Judgement, not merely an exam.

I have in mind the final judgement too.

Quote:
Of course, scripture reveals God as compassionate and longsuffering, but also as just and righteous.

God destroys man’s enemies to save man. Man’s enemies are Satan, the world and the carnal “old man”. These were all judged and destroyed at the cross of the Lord Jesus. Men will be brought back to God through judgement. And judgement will begin in the house of God.

Quote:
To intimate that there will be second chances beyond the grave is to go beyond the clear revelation of scripture

Please give these “clear revelation of scripture”.

Blessings

2020/5/28 9:32Profile
StirItUp

Re:

Hi Jade,

When I say 'clear revelation of scriptures' I am speaking of the revelation of the God of the whole bible, both Old and New testament, because God does not change and has not changed.
He is holy, just, compassionate, merciful and whatever He does is right.
Did He punish the wicked in the OT? Yes
Will He punish the wicked in the end? Yes
Did He drown the known world in Noah's day in the flood of judgement? Yes, saving only a few
Did He pronounce that they were all wicked to the core? Yes

Please see the book of Jude copied below:

The Sin and Doom of Ungodly People
3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. 4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord. 5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire. 8 In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings. 9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them. 11 Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion. 12 These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. 13 They are wild waves of the sea, foaming up their shame; wandering stars, for whom blackest darkness has been reserved forever. 14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.” 16 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.
A Call to Persevere
17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit. 20 But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. 22 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.
Doxology
24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

2020/5/29 9:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:10-11

Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:3

Just wanted to throw that into the mix.

2020/5/29 14:41Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Thanks, Todd.

2020/5/30 9:38Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi William,

Quote:
Did He punish the wicked in the OT? Yes
Will He punish the wicked in the end? Yes
Did He drown the known world in Noah's day in the flood of judgement? Yes, saving only a few
Did He pronounce that they were all wicked to the core? Yes

You, I, and every descendant of Adam are all wicked to the core. Christ has borne the punishment and died for us (ALL men) at the cross.

"Behold, I am making ALL things new" (Rev, 21:5).

IN CHRIST all will be made alive (1 Cor.15:22).

2 Cor. 5:17 –
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

THE LETTER OF JUDE

Did Jude say that there is no “second chance”?

Consider this:

Jude wrote in v.7:
just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

But Ezekiel prophesied:
Nevertheless, I will restore their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, and along with them your own captivity……Your sisters, Sodom with her daughters and Samaria with her daughters, will return to their former state, and you with your daughters will also return to your former state (Ezek. 16:53,55).

ADD:

Christ has died for the sins of the WHOLE world. The price has been paid for ALL.

John 4:35 –
Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look on the fields, that they are white for harvest.

2020/5/30 9:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy