SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is Evil?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

What is Evil?

Jer. 2:13 –
For My people have committed two evils:
They have forsaken Me,
The fountain of living waters,
To hew for themselves cisterns,
Broken cisterns
That can hold no water.

So, not only are men who commit evil deeds evil, but men are also evil if they are not living in full dependence on God alone.

2 Cor. 3:5 –
Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,

Phil. 3:3 –
for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,

1 Cor. 8:6 –
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

So, we have to be careful not to be the pot calling the kettle black because men’s own good deeds are evil too:

Isa. 64:6 –
For all of us have become like one who is unclean,
And all our RIGHTEOUS deeds are like a filthy garment;
And all of us wither like a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

Any comment?

2020/5/25 8:51Profile
cup

Re: What is Evil?

"So, not only are men who commit evil deeds evil, but men are also evil if they are not living in full dependence on God alone."

Yes evil also includes all the "GOOD THINGS" we do and any outward pretend obedience.

2020/5/26 5:22Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

NOT I, BUT the Grace of God

1 Cor. 15:10 –
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.

2 Cor. 9:8 –
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;

Phil. 4:19 –
And my God will supply all your needs ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN GLORY IN CHRIST JESUS.

2020/5/28 0:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy