SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wake up

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Wake up

I don't know if I fully agree with the assessment of christianity have lost out to competing values. I tend to believe that my life as a christian isn't what God intended it to be, more like the Laodicean type, that's why christianity has lost ground. We have in this city churches that are very entertainment minded and that is all it is. The offspring will be likeminded.

Phi 1:11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are through Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Jam 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without variance, without hypocrisy.

I do not know the culture from over US/Canada that well but the Australian is a funloving/partyloving being and that is what he/she strives for. It's more of an obligation to go to church than believing in an all powerful God that is able to change your life for good. I also believe that we are our own enemy by not living a life in public that makes a distinction from the secular life style. That does not negate the fact that we are to go out into the world. But if we are like the world then the fruits will be thereof. I don't necessarily disagree totally with creativechristian but the endresult is always, by the fruits will we be known, our lives will show if we truly believe what we say we believe.

Andrew Murray wrote; In great helplessness, but in great restfullness, let us place ourselves in His hands. And then, as we enter into our covenant, let us have one prayer- that we may fully believe that the everlasting God is going to be our companion.

He is our Father, delighting to reveal Himself in our souls always.He has the power to let the sunshine of His love be with us always. Learn the lesson that natural sun shines on you all day, and you enjoy it's light. Wherever you are you have got the sun, God makes certain it shines on you. And God will make certain that His own divine light shines on you, and that you will abide in that light, if you only will trust Him for it.

Here is the omnipotence of God, and here is faith reaching out to measure of that omnipotence. We can say; "All that that omnipotence can do, I am going to trust my God for".

God's omnipotence covers me, and my will in its littleness rests in that omnipotence, and rejoices in it.

So writes A.Murray. I am sure when it comes to witnessing that if we totally abide in Him, the work is His and it will be done according to His will, but if we try to reinvent our methods according to our "wisdom" we are gong to fail.

Psa 30:12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Jehovah my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

All the glory belongs to God.

2003/10/24 20:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Wake up

Quote:
I tend to believe that my life as a christian isn't what God intended it to be, more like the Laodicean type, that's why christianity has lost ground.

Wow first off, I can't believe this post was not replyed to! I fully agree with you brother that my life is not where God wants it to be! :-o
We need God so badly in these days of declension and 'lukewarmness,' (not to get too dispensaltional on everyone but) the age of the Laodicean church!

Quote:
We have in this city churches that are very entertainment minded and that is all it is. The offspring will be likeminded.

That's quite prophetic brother. It's true that what we are producing is another generation that is going to be farther from God and his precepts. We need revival! and even before revival we need [b]repentance[/b]! Many ::frown:: :-( or get ::mad:: :-x when people say they need to repent, but WE DO don't we brethren?

Let your spirit of repentance come on us God! we need you, bring us back to our first love.

Quote:
I do not know the culture from over US/Canada that well but the Australian is a funloving/partyloving being and that is what he/she strives for. It's more of an obligation to go to church than believing in an all powerful God that is able to change your life for good. I also believe that we are our own enemy by not living a life in public that makes a distinction from the secular life style. That does not negate the fact that we are to go out into the world.

:-( I was just talking to a friend tonight about the exact same thing!

2003/11/20 2:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy