SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do you judge it superstition to insist on gender matching for physicians?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
KervinM

South Africa

Do you judge it superstition to insist on gender matching for physicians?

Particularly for certain sensitive seeming medical operations (such as those requiring uncovering of some sort). I personally judge it not as superstition (else it should equally be superstition to insist on non-sensual dressing - that we offend not). But I still wish to hear what fellow pilgrims have to say. I suspect I have a coronary artery disease that I recently attempted to have diagnosed at our local state Hospital. However, I could not honor my last appointment after learning that the diagnosis often involves partial uncovering. Fearing then that I could get cought up in a situation where healthcare providers of opposite gender are present - requiring then that I should thus voice my position lest I offend. Well while I could thus try for holiness' sake, I fear state healthcare providers should be less likely to meekly receive such requests - as opposed private providers (so I reckon) since the pacient pays the bill to the latter. And so reckoned it wisdom to thus dishonor the appointment. Of cause running the risk of sudden and perhaps fatal attacks while prayerfully looking for valid alternatives. As I still do not know what exact medication I should be taking (currently taking daily nitrate + asprin - which were seemingly recommended as a test treatment from one visit and appeared to help to a fair degree).

I am now looking at going via a private healthcare center - to at least try and have the diagnosis done (yes this route is often harder on budgets - with surgery prices being essentially unspeakable for those of low income). But all this, I reckon, could be patiently undergone as long as one is fully assured that it is their only valid option at the time as far as hevean is concerned. The peace of God be upon all that are his.

2020/5/6 2:28Profile
Sree

Re: Do you judge it superstition to insist on gender matching for physicians?

You are asking a very good question. I have undergone a procedure where the doctor was male but his assistant was female. I had no problem with it.

Sexual sins are matter of heart even though you sin against your body. The nudity in the case of medical procedure is not a sin as only your body is involved and not heart. Trust me when you see those needles and lights, sexual arousal is the last thing in your mind.

The verse I can think of is, Titus 1:15 - To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. If we could get the procedure done with clear conscience then it is not a sin.

Other than fear of sin, if you want to avoid the procedure due to feeling uncomfortable, then you can always try requesting your provider about it.

2020/5/6 10:33Profile
KervinM

South Africa

duplicate it seems

2020/5/6 11:18Profile
KervinM

South Africa

May I add that my main concern is the pacient (myself in this case) being seen uncovered by a healthcare provider of the opposite gender - who may then possibly go on to have lustful thoughts in their heart/mind (thus falling into sin). Do not you think I should also be held accountable of having voluntarily served a stumbling block to such a provider?

2020/5/6 11:18Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Hi Kervin:

I think Sree is right, it is no sin.

Nevertheless, Paul made it important not to violate your own conscience. If you cannot do it in faith, in short you cannot do it without sinning.

But Paul's answer to conscience interfering with liberty was knowledge. Truth is, God's revealing to your mind it's acceptable, ok, permissible to undress in this situation is really a matter of study and prayer for you.
Do you want the liberty Sree (and myself) have? Then you will need to look at the scriptures and pray until you are convinced of liberty.

But, you cannot let yourself be ruled by another man's conscience, if you have no interest in this liberty (as I call it to undress in this kind of situation) then abide as you are so that your faith and conscience together can glorify God in all things.

I pray God give your health, be at peace in whatever decision you make.

2020/5/6 11:26Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It may or may not be helpful to know that drs and nurses see hundred and thousands of patients if both sexes naked on a regular basis.

That being said, I would not want a physical from a female dr. But if I was knocked out on an operating table I could care less, nor would I care less in an emergency scenario.

2020/5/6 11:31Profile
KervinM

South Africa

Re:

I trust you are right, dear Todd that providers must see a lot of uncovered pacients on daily basis. The problem is that many of these are not Christian belivers and thus would have no holiness issue even if they may have lustful thougts in each occassion. But I understand that your position is essentially that it should be no issue before God to thus be uncovered.

I understand further that the position of dear Sree and Marvin is that God treats this situation as different from that of careless/sunsual dressing for example.

What I am struggling to understand is exactly how God would draw a line between the two cases. Does he maintain that we were cought up in a situation that demanded it? I suppose this is dear Marvin's actual position (if I am not getting him wrong).

P.S: And yes I trully have no business insisting on what God does NOT insist upon. So I am here truly looking to understand God's position on the matter - never that my position should be established to be that of God.

2020/5/6 12:13Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Kevin is in South Africa, so it is possible that some of their thoughts/perspectives on this could be a little different than ours. I respect his thoughts very much, and I am grateful he even considers this. God Bless You Brother

2020/5/6 12:33Profile
KervinM

South Africa

Re:

True dear Bill I am from South Africa - but should not Christian practices be standard across all nations?

2020/5/6 12:50Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Hmmm ... never enters my mind to make the gender of a physician the primary consideration.

I am concerned about their skill level concerning the procedure regardless of gender.

2020/5/6 13:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy