SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Saturday Morning at the Market

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Yeah, to be honest I don't know much about it... I guess I just favor the voice because like Greg said, less hassle when push comes to shove. But do what the Lord is telling you to do brother, and if that means going plugged, then go for it!

2005/11/9 18:47Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I do admit, there is nothing like lifting your voice like a trumpet! The best thing about it is that its mobile! It follows you everywhere you go. If it was quiet where I preached I wouldn't even concider the amp. But there is a lot of music coming from the clubs. My voice could be thunderously loud and you might not be able to hear me clearly 30 ft away. Where I could plug in the amp I would be able to reach the places I usually preach and places I couldn't. I still have not got a hold of the Information Officer. He is on vacation with his new born child. If the amp doesn't work out, or doesn't for long. I'll gladly go back to my voice.

2005/11/10 9:10Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Well brothers and sisters, here is what has been going on:

Not this last weekend but the one before, I mentioned I wouldn't be preaching because I would be in PEI. Well, I was in PEI and missed that Saturday (first one since I started).

This last weekened I also missed it, because I was visiting and speaking in Wickham, NB. So that's two in a row that I missed, and both days were very nice days so the people at the market wouldn't have thought I wasn't there because of weather.

I'm going to go to the market this Saturday, Lord willing, but I'm not sure if I'm going to speak. It is getting very cold now, and the place where I preach actually shuts down in the winter. So this is probably the most natural way to end the mission there for the winter, seeing as I missed two already. I would just go and be there, talk to those around who I'm used to see, but just make it clear that I'm done. There is a season for everything, as the Bible says.

I'm not happy about stopping. I wish the winter were not here and I could keep at it! I hope to spend the winter hopefully speaking in churches and other places. Although, later in December I plan to hit the streets with a guitar, sing songs about Christ, get a crowd and then preach. That's my winter plan, may God bless it. I've already ordered some literature to hand out for that.

Well, this coming Monday at the drop-in, I've been asked to speak again to the poor of Fredericton, so I'm very much looking forward to that. Please keep me in your prayers for that this Monday.

God bless you all and have a wonderful winter season. I might update this thread sporatically throughout the next couple months.

In Christ
-Eli

2005/11/22 13:20Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother Eli,

This sounds great that the Lord is directing you to other areas of ministry during this winter season. I think the speaking to the poor of fredericton is a massive thing spiritualy and may the Lord be with you and fill your mouth with His live giving words.

Do keep us posted on the opportunities the Lord opens for you to ministry dear brother in the Lord.

2005/11/22 13:25Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Here is the preaching summary of all that happened these last five months, from July to November, during the mission at the market:

1. [b]John 3:36[/b] - "He That Believeth Not"
2. [b]Daniel 5:25[/b] - "Mene Mene Tekel Parsin"
3. [b]Mark 12:28-32[/b] - "The Greatest Commandment"
4. [b]Luke 12:16-21[/b] - "Thou Fool"
5. [b]John 1:29[/b] - "The Lamb of God"
6. [b]Genesis 44:27-34[/b] - "His Heart Was Filled With Pain"
7. [b]2 Corinthians 1:18-20[/b] - "The Promise of Forgiveness"
8. [b]Deuteronomy 8:1-3[/b] - "Man Shall Not Live By Bread Alone"
9. [b]John 3:14-17[/b] - "The Bronze Snake"
10. [b]Romans 3:23[/b] - "Sinful Men And a Holy God
11. (Rained)
12. [b]Luke 2:8-14[/b] - "Jesus Christ: Born to Die"
13. [b]Luke 4:16-19[/b] - "The Spirit of the Lord Is Upon Me"
14. [b]Mark 4:3-9[/b] - "Parable of the Sower"**
15. [b]Acts 17:24-31[/b] - "Repent Fredericton"**

** = available on mp3 [url=www.timothyministry.blogspot.com]here.[/url]

Thank you for all the people who prayed for me during this time. This season of preaching was a wonderful blessing for me and I believe that the Word of God was spoken effectively to all who heard it this summer. May God reward you and bless you for your encouragement to me, through this challenging and difficult time in my life.

God bless you.
In Christ,
-Eli

2005/11/23 9:59Profile

Re: Saturday morning at the market

Dear Eli,

This is an awesome testimony to all that God has been doing in and through you. Thank you for the way you've kept this thread up to date each week.

I shall be praying for you this winter. Perhaps if anything you come against needs our prayer support, you could start a new thread?

My heart is that you continue to have opportunities to preach - enough to challenge you and keep you moving forward and deeper in the Lord - and to be pressing past the enemy no matter what he throws at you.

2005/11/24 5:32
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Thank you Dorcas.
I will keep it updated. God bless you,

Victory in Jesus!
-Eli

2005/11/24 10:43Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

I'm heading back to the market this Saturday. I'll come prepared to speak, but I'm not entirely certain if I will. I'm going to go and see what is happening around there now, if there are indeed people still around (as I have been hearing). Also, two of my friends (the two beggars at the market) have been asking for me and I'm going to stop by and talk to them.

Apparentely, there is this man at the market (who busks) who is taking advantage of a mentally challenged girl, and one of my friends at the market was telling me it would have been perfect for me to preach last week. I'm going to check out the situation this Saturday. Please pray.

Not sure where this is going to lead. It might be nothing. God bless dear saints,

In Christ,
-Eli

2005/12/7 13:17Profile

Re: Saturday morning at the market

Eli,

May you have the wisdom of God, and not hold back from all that He gives you to say and to lead men into, on Saturday.

2005/12/7 15:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy