SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Saturday Morning at the Market

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Saturday Morning at the Market

One of the regularly busiest places in Fredericton is the market every Saturday morning.

Starting this Saturday, a few Christian friends and I are going to preach there, and plan on going consistently every week. [b]Asking for you prayers, that the Lord would empower us to preach and that people would be saved![/b] In Jesus name, Amen.

2005/7/18 13:46Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Saturday Morning at the Market

Brother that is tremendous, I do pray and hope the Lord annoints you for this preaching. Do get your strength and sufficiency from Him.

I would love to hear some praise reports and experiences good or bad of how it is to do this and step out in faith. I am sure it would encourage many and maybe even be a catylst for others to go out and do the same thing in their area.

2005/7/18 15:10Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Absolutely

2005/7/19 8:50Profile

Re: Saturday morning market preaching

Eli,

Are you setting a time (or the time of the market), on which we can focus our prayer?

It would help me to see this in GMT, or, your timezone specifically, so I can work out [i]when[/i] you will be ministering. Thanks.

2005/7/19 14:19
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Umm, I'm not great with figuring out time zones.

I live in New Brunswick (eastern Canada) and we'll be out there preaching every Saturday from about 9:00 - 12:00 am.

Thank you!
-Eli

2005/7/21 13:48Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

This could be an trend the Holy Spirit is doing. Brother Josh Olson preaches in the park here from about 7am-9am (pacific standard time) on saturdays. Which is about 10am-1pm (eastern standard time).

2005/7/21 14:41Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

Eli,

That is incredible. Maybe one of these days I'll get bold enought to do the same. Reminds me of Wesley! Please let us know of any positive results.

2005/7/22 6:43Profile

Re: Saturday Morning at the Market - time zones - link

I thought it worth finding a link with a map to help us work out the time differences between us all. I like to pray at the time something is happening, if at all possible. That's easier for me (being ahead) - but not so easy if you really should be asleep. At present in the UK we have British Summer Time (BST) which is one hour ahead of GMT and 5 hours ahead of EDT, where I think you are, Eli.

The Greenwich meridian, (line from north to south pole), zero degrees, crosses London (UK). Usually the other lines on a globe are 15 degrees apart, which gives 24 lines in all - 24 hours. (Yes, this means the earth rotates - west to east - one degree every 4 minutes.)

[url=http://www.worldtimezone.com/]http://www.worldtimezone.com/[/url]

2005/7/22 13:29
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

We spent the entire morning doing evangelism at the market.

Early in the morning people were flocking to the market, heading right in to do their buying. We handed out tracks and my friend did presentations using a paintboard. We weren't allowed in the market, so there were no crowds but tons of people walking into the marketplace.

In the meantime, I left the area looking for a crowd elsewhere. I found a large line of people waiting to buy tickets for a music festival coming to town sometime later. This is where I first preached. I set up my soapbox right next to the line and began from John 3:36. Some people turned their backs right to me. Another shouted, "Stone him!" but everyone in the line heard the message and it was effective.

Nearing the afternoon is when people began lounging all around the market. This is when we hit hard. There were crowds all over the green and the sidewalks, so I set up the box in the green and preached. After that, a friend and I moved to a sidewalk and sang a hymn, then I preached to those who were there. Many people were listening intently.

It was encouraging when a few Christians came over after and talked to us. We got to talk to a few non-believers after as well about the Lord.

It was a successful morning and I'm looking forward to next week. Thank you for your prayers, and let's keep it up until we see the salvation of our God and souls changed for glory!

In Christ,
-Eli

2005/7/25 9:11Profile

Re: Saturday morning at the market

This is truly encouraging!

Thank you for this detailed report. Singing a hymn with just one other person sounds brave but is a great way to get attention and encourage some people to listen longer and take something away which has deeply touched them.

2005/7/25 10:10

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy