Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Declension

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Ianb

England

Declension

Greetings brothers and sisters

I have been very much moved and spurred on to focus the eyes of my heart more centrally and deeply on the miracle of Gods infinite love and mindfulness towards me by Michael Durhams featured sermon.

Two things particularly are pressed upon my heart.

Firstly the insidious nature of the beginnings of falling away and the need for focused discipline to, and use of, the spiritual tools we have been given by grace to keep us in the love of God.

Secondly the central responsibility of maintaining my own intimacy with Jesus and keeping keeping my own heart in a condition of worshiping adoration as the motivation for all outward service and work. I can only bless you by abiding in the fountain of life. The principles in John 14 must be at work in me.

V-21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

I find my self currently longing to draw closer to Him, to turn all the wasted years to a pile of ash in the blaze of his victory.

This anticipation is almost physically painful at the sight of how badly I have missed it in the past and the consequences that are still all around me in the lives of my family, none of whom know him.

I see some sparse fruit, but the degree of John 15 pruning needed is daunting to my natural mind. Praise God for the exhortation at the end of Romans 8;
'In all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us and gave himself for us.'

I love Michael Card's paraphrase in his song Immanuel;

'So what will be your answer? Will you hear the call?
Of him who did not spare his son but Gave him for us all.
On earth there is no power, There is no depth or height,
That can ever separate us from the love of God in Christ.'

I hope on this site that we can, as Micheal Durham does in this sermon, be constantly exhorting and encouraging one another back to the central transcendant miracle of his love and the sufficiency Gods victorious provision over all our wicked declension from him.

Every one of us is facing challenges far greater than we can manage but we are given power to lift each other up to Jesus by faith.

Love in Him

2020/5/1 2:12Profile
Elibeth

Re: Declension

Bro.Ian,
I am listening to Declension tonight , by Michael Durum.
I appreciate what I have heard and appreciate your introducing him to us here on SI.
Am thankful for your post,.. am seeing a desire, and depth.
🙏 you, and not only you,but I and many more will continue on in knowing Him,more and more,... and I appreciate what I have heard from this man.

Thank you, and The Lord bless you w/ more and more of Himself.

——————
elizabeth

2020/5/1 23:55Profile
Ianb

England

Re:

Amen sister

The more I see the fruit of personal surrender manifested in brothers and sisters in powerful edification of his body, lifting up hands like mine that were hanging down due to sin and the snares of worldly care, the more I want to do the same.
What is wonderful is that as Spurgeon said, and I cant remember his exact words, "Though the divisions heresies that ravage the the church are great and terrible, in another sense they are nothing at all" He went on to say that he was convinced that the Lord even had some of his servants in the Roman Catholic Church and we know his outspoken condemnation of that institution.
The common feature that unites all who have a measure of authentic anointing about them is absolute surrender and obedience to the Lord in the light they have received.

May he richly bless and encourage you.

2020/5/2 2:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy