SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Authentic Christianity, testimony of a failure

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Hi William, I believe it is also the Gospel of repentance. John the Baptist said to the Pharisees.
Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come .. bring forth the fruit of repentance.
Jesus said at the end of Luke, "this Gospel of repentance shall be preached in all nations".

I'm afraid I'm unable to continue writing.
I'm not very well at the moment.

I don't feel this is the Lords purpose for me at this time.

But in relation to the idea that we can't overcome a sin except for relying solely upon being filled with the spirit, I've found this to not be correct. I've overcome many sins and had my whole character changed in the process and had Jesus come to me closely in loving fellowship.
It is so clear that some have been taught so that they cannot see this.

"Put to death there whatever belongs to your earthly nature" is yet another verse. How can we not see it ? It's there as a command.
How did the person who was in fornication suddenly stop doing that in Corinth ?

The woman caught in adultery was not given the grace message that is being taught today. She was told to go and stop sinning.

Maybe someone in the crowd should have shouted out to Jesus that he had his theology wrong. ?

2020/6/10 11:01Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Thanks for responding David. I hope you feel better and am asking the Father to be gracious to you and bring healing.
I believe I am hearing you and certainly do not advocate " cheap " grace as we do not want to receive His grace in vain.
We are being transformed by the renewing of our mind so that we can know God's will and do it.
Paul also tells us to put off the old man with its corruption and put on the new man which is being renewed day by day.
This is appropriated by faith though, not mental assertion or emotional or physical exertion.
When we learn to walk by the Spirit the result is peace, rest, joy and those Christlike characteristics described in Galatians as the fruit of the Spirit.
Are fruit the result of exertion or remaining rooted in good ground.
Abiding in the vine.
Being born of the Spirit and receiving Him as indwelling Lord by faith and continuing in Him, by faith.
When my flesh becomes stirred up and wants to assert itself I have learned to first of all not focus my emotions to strive against it but rather to thank God that the victory is mine in Christ and that, in Him,I have died and Christ now lives in me.
So it is in our identifying with His death that we die and the Christ life is expressed in us.

I hope I'm making sense.
I know I also practice the above imperfectly at times and my emotions sometimes rise up strongly and threaten to overwhelm me but the Holy Spirit is faithful.
It is by His presence and power within that we can put to death the deeds of the body and live in victory.

Blessings to you

William

2020/6/10 13:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy