Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : We do it to ourselves

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
makrothumia

Texas

We do it to ourselves

We do it to ourselves!
From the LXX - the Septuagint

Psalm 73:27 is written in such a way that there in no question who is responsible for what has happened.
Here is how it should be translated -“for PERCEIVE (see with understanding) the ones who are far from You BY THEIR OWN DOING perish. You utterly destroy everyone committing harlotry from You.”

That verse is followed by Asaph’s own resolution - “But for me, to cleave (to be glued) to God is good; to put my hope in the Lord...”

The NEARNESS of God is our GOOD! That NEARNESS is ON US! When we DRAW NEAR to Him, He draws near to us. If God is far from us we DID IT TO OURSELVES!

2020/4/19 7:44Profile
cup

Re: We do it to ourselves

Yes!!

It was the children of Israel who believed an Evil report that kept them out of the Promised Land. Could they have believed? Yes!!

We can draw near to God by believing in His very nature and the LIVING WORD NOW!!! We can be glued to God by simple faith and by our own resolution.

Why keep yourself out by embaceing an evil report? Just repent of that evil preconception and now embrace God's truth!!!

2020/4/19 9:44Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: We do it to ourselves

Ha!
This reminds me of a conference from years ago,... the preacher stopped mid way thru the message, looking around at the congregants and said, “everyone has as much of God as they want”
It sure felt like a wake up call,... a call to repentance and at accept our responsibility in the matter of intimacy with the Lord.

2020/4/20 8:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy