SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Hebride Revival and the connection to our president

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Re:

Many people didn't vote for Donald Trump as if to fully endorse him and his ways and his character. They voted for him because they didn't want under any circumstances for Mrs. Clinton to become President. Whatever President Trump was or is or will become he is still preferable to having another Clinton in the White House is the thinking of those who voted for him. Yet he has surprised many, even many who voted for him. He has done more in a few short years than most Presidents do in two terms.

I think the gist of the video was not so much that President Trump is everything we have always wanted and desired. The main point of the video was perhaps God has President Trump in office right now to provide a brief reprieve for the church to begin to diligently gets its house in order and begin praying for revival and change as never before. I believe a NOW time for prayer for revival was what the video was underlining.

2020/4/19 12:47Profile
docs

Re:

China and the WHO remain the main culprits in this present crisis. It seems perhaps many have quickly forgotten or are looking past this fact.

2020/4/19 12:51Profile
passerby

Re:

And the powerful americans among others that are pursuing sorts of global and ungodly or antichristian agenda.

2020/4/19 13:04Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Only God can save our nation, and no Christian should be putting their faith and confidence in flesh and blood.

It is evident that God put Donald Trump in office because Christians prayed and voted. I don't know if President Trump is a Christian or not, but God is using him very much like He used the heathen King Cyrus. I don't personally care for many of the things that President Trump says and some of his tweets, but I do agree with his policies. God has used President Trump to bless Israel moving our embassy back to Jerusalem. President Trump has taken a very strong stand against Iran which is the enemy of Israel and the U.S.A. unlike President Obama. President Trump has been very strong on protecting the freedoms of Christians in our nation and in other countries around the world. I see more of a humble attitude in our President because he realizes that he is now fighting an enemy that is beyond his control. President Trump has repeatedly called for Americans to pray for our nation.

President Trump cannot bring revival to our nation, but the Church in America can, and if we meet the conditions that God has said in His Word concerning Revival and Awakening, then God will fulfill His promise. God would rather show mercy than judgment, and the mercy and long suffering of God is because He is not willing that any would be lost, but that all would be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

In America the Church must repent. We must repent as individual believers, and we must stand in the gap for our nation.

2020/4/19 14:08Profile
nowhereelse

Re: Hebride Revival and the connection to our president

To provide more information on this revival
http://www.revival-library.org/index.php/pensketches-menu/historical-revivals/the-hebrides-revival
An amazing move of God. To put the dear minister on vimeo's word in context, the move occured long after Donald's mum had moved to America. Doubtless she heard of what happened.
The key is prayer. May God burden His church to pray and seek His face.
I am personally always so challenged when I read 2 Chron 7.14, and I ask why does it start with "If" and not "When"!!!
Also in this season, how amazing it is to consider the preceding verse
Blessings to you all from New Zealand
Jeff

2020/4/19 16:02Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

We can worry or talk about the President, or other leaders, but if we really believe this scripture, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."Romans 8:28 KJV. This should tell us, that this crisis/virus or whatever you want to call it, will somehow eventually work out for the good. I'll just stand on this scripture, and forget about all the different prospective's.

2020/4/19 16:11Profile
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 Re:

Edited: removed post as it did not apply to this thread. Thanks!

2020/4/19 16:12Profile
staff

Re:

Hi This scripture comes to mind when speaking about ancestors of faith.
God didnt Judge Solomon in his day but delayed it because of the faithfulness of his father.Couldnt this also be true of a blessing?The opposite in effect because of the faithfulness of the past couldnt God bless the present or future? just a thought staff

1 kings 11:

11 So the Lord said to Solomon, “Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates. 12 Nevertheless, for the sake of David your father, I will not do it during your lifetime. I will tear it out of the hand of your son.

2020/4/19 16:18Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re: Hebride Revival and the connection to our president

Praise.. good seeds good fruit.. Proverbs 11:21 THe seed of the righteous will be blessed..
We wait in expectancy for revival (:

2020/4/19 17:11Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Thanks to all who took the time to comment

"Wow!!! I was moved." - Docs

I was too, brother! I was actually rekindled in my desire for revival.

I appreciate all that commented here. I didn't at all intend for this post to be political. I'm 54 years old. Ever since I was a teenager I have heard about revivals and longed for revival to happen here in the USA again if possible at least one more time.
I really loved it when I found this site many years ago. I loved the fact that there were other like minded people who were desperate for Revival. My login name is from a desperate cry for Revival "Lord do it again" ....

I am not believing that Donald Trump can bring revival. Revival will come IF enough blood bought people enter into the Most Holy Place and intercede for it.

It was from this site many years ago that I learned about the Hebrides revival. My heart was ripped apart again with desperation for God to at least one more time permit revival like that here in the USA.

When Dr. Sexton said these words, that flame of hope for Revival in the USA rekindled:

"I'm saying to you. I don't know how, why, how it all comes together.
But I believe God is putting some things together to give us just a window
just a window if He could find some open people who know what the window is for."

Some of the responses although I appreciate all who would take their time to respond, some of the responses made me sad. They made me feel that maybe some may not know "what the window is for". For there to be revival like the kinds that have happened in the history of this country and like happened on that Hebrides isle the window has to be set just right. In the case of the USA and also in the case of the Hebrides isle, there was freedom of religion still when the revival happened. There are MANY revivals happening on the earth now under severe persecution. Revivals usually happen under either severe persecution or severe anguish or poverty. Revival has been in the nation of Guatemala now for many years. They are extremely poor and they pray and fast a lot.

To me, the significance of Donald Trump's connection to the elderly ladies that God used to pray down revival in the Hebrides Isle and his own mother's admiration for that young man Donald who was so greatly used of God is ... obviously not that he would lead in such a revival. He has lived like a pagan and we only sincerely hope that in recent years he has come to know The Lord or at least that he may be heading that direction (if we don't hope that for ALL men we do not have I Cor. 13 love). To me, part of the connection would be that such prayer warriors probably prayed for their niece a lot. They probably prayed for her children to grow up and be used of God. Even though I don't like a lot of things about Donald Trump, there is a window of hope that if such a move of God were to start happening here, he would not stand in the way of it. There is obviously some kind of influence from his mother and her family in him for him to want to call a national day of prayer for the COVID-19 emergency unlike the mayor of NY who is basically saying that God has had nothing to do with any progress against the disease. On many occasions he has at least voiced that he believed in the power of prayer to God and the Lord Jesus ... unlike others who have almost made everybody scared to be so politically incorrect as to mention the name of Jesus.

There may just be a space of time "a window" open right now where if enough people here in the USA get desperate before God, there can be a season of revival that can hold off the "one world agenda" a little bit longer to get a few more souls into The Kingdom of God.

Will we be that people who can be so torn up before the throne of God that we move the hands that move the world?

MAY THE LAMB THAT WAS SLAIN RECEIVE THE REWARD OF HIS SUFFERING!

2020/4/19 23:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy