SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Steve Gregg on Unconstitutional Coronavirus Restrictions and Romans 13

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Re:

/Also was Jesus too harsh (condemning) when He called out the “church” for their hypocrisy?
He wasn’t using sweet language when He called them a pit of vipers and a den of thieves... does that sound convicting or condemning to you?/

Jesus WAS NOT addressing the church when He made these statements. He was addressing the rigidly legalistic and spiritually dead Pharisees who kept people in bondage to the strict letter of the law while not keeping it themselves. This was not the born again church He was addressing. This is what I am referring to. This is not conviction born of the Holy Spirit, it is blanket condemnation. The church is not a broad of vipers and den of thieves for taking precautions during this present pandemic. Each man's conscience and their decision of what to do has to be respected or otherwise our liberty can become a means of judging others. Blessings and peace to you. I've said all I am going to say in this thread.

2020/4/28 14:52Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

David (docs) wrote:

Quote:
Jesus WAS NOT addressing the church when He made these statements. He was addressing the rigidly legalistic and spiritually dead Pharisees who kept people in bondage to the strict letter of the law while not keeping it themselves. This was not the born again church He was addressing. The church is not a broad of vipers and den of thieves for taking precautions during this present pandemic. This is what I am referring to. This is not conviction born of the Holy Spirit, it is blanket condemnation. I don't believe it should be received. But blessings and peace to you. I've said all I am going to say in this thread.

What about the church in Laodicea, or even the other churches in Revelation that Christ sternly warned and rebuked for their compromise? Laodicea didn't get any commendation while the others did.

Also what about James calling his readers adulterers and sinners, warning them that friendship with the world is enmity with God, and exhorting them to cleanse their filthy hands and to purify their filthy hearts(James 4:4-10)? James' letter was clearly written to the church. Just saying brother.

2020/4/28 15:05Profile
docs

Re:

Just saying, the current church has not lapsed into Laodicean like unfaithfulness etc. because they exercised wise caution during this present set of circumstances dealing with a never seen before global encompassing and deadly virus. Apples and oranges.

Berating and condemnation is the last thing the church needs right now.

"Nuf. Let's be about prayer good bro.

2020/4/28 15:15Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Fair enough brother David. I agree that prayer is essential right now.

2020/4/28 15:21Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother David

I understand your point regarding “who” Jesus was chastising and agree with you on that point- which is why I politely put it (church) in quotation marks so as to differentiate between the current corporate institutions and the body of Christ, perhaps I should’ve/could’ve been more clear in parsing out the difference- tho nonetheless we were NOT given a spirit of fear by the Lord and it sincerely pains me deeply, grieves me in my spirit, to witness the reaction to this crisis by those whom claim the name of Christ as it (to me) seems quiet in step with the unbelieving world and that is ultimately a spot on the testimony of the “whole church”, no?

We are called not to react to situations with fear or frustration but rather to respond to the Lord in faith :)))
Again as I’ve stated before, this is a wonderful opportunity for our lights to shine and actually draw people unto the Lord by lifting up the Son!
Putting on the full armor of God so that we can stand !
For our weapons are not carnal but spiritual and mighty for the pulling down of strongholds (web of lies) or ANY KNOWLEDGE THAT EXALTS ITSELF AGAINST THE KNOWLEDGE OF CHRIST including the “bad report” from a godless and unbelieving world media and atheist medical experts.
Having said this,... if others are weak in their faith and are overcome by fear then let us pray, interceding on their behalf seeking mercy that per adventure the Lord should grant them repentance. But we are those who are saved, overcomers, those whom possess within themselves the very remedy for not only this but every trouble one might encounter:🙏🏻
Let us walk worthy of the gospel wherewith we were called :)
And please know dear brother there was no intent to offend you in anything I have written but more a call to armor up and take a stand for the faith knowing that the devil is like a lion seeking for whom he may devour next -

2020/4/28 15:22Profile
docs

Re:

Yes Oracio. I haven't done enough praying even while having time to do it now.

2020/4/28 15:31Profile
docs

Re:

You haven't offended me. I just don't think being wise and taking precautions during this time is entirely borne out of frustration and fear on the part of the saints. Faith and wisdom are good companions. As you say, we all need to be praying right now. For me, it involves laying aside time and convenience I am not used to laying aside. I consider myself as still learning to pray and subduing my flesh that tells me to be up and about other things. My spirit is willing but my flesh is still weak. But pray we must. Empower and teach us O Lord.

2020/4/28 15:38Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Yeah... we just see it differently-
And it just really seemed, by your words and quick responses, that you got offended and even a lil heated but perhaps I’m misreading your words and intentions 🤷🏽‍♂️

2020/4/28 18:09Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

This may be the last link I share here in this thread as I've shared quite a few now to share where some of us are coming from in all this. Thank you brother Greg if you read this, for allowing us to share our view here. A brother sent me this video via a text message, of this pastor preaching atop a truck in Louisiana during a protest rally, and I thought I just had to share it here. I downloaded it from Facebook and uploaded it onto YouTube to share with those who do not have Facebook. Hope it encourages some:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaxK8ftShp8&t=632s

2020/4/28 19:31Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Ha! Amen to that message!!
Thanks for sharing and yes thank you Greg for your forbearance 🙏🏻

2020/4/28 20:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy