SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does God still speak to us today?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

And today Children of God, Mr. Bill will give you another one of his own "Common Sense" personal Devotionals. :-)

I have come to the conclusion that sometimes the best reply is no reply at all. Many of us spend a great deal of time at a computer terminal already, like for work. When I get tired, I am more apt to bark or bark back at someone's post. A good time to get up and go for a brisk walk or short jog around a block or two before returning to that computer screen.

This virus pandemic should not be allowed to affect our mental wellbeing in addition to our physical state. There really are more important things in life than posting our views and opinions. Not much chance we are going to move the needle one way or the other with our posts. I think posting serves as sort of a vent for many of us but, making one another mad is detrimental to all of us. Just not worth the time and effort.
God Bless!

2020/4/14 12:14Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Brother,
(Re:Marvin)
Please!!
I hope you did not think that I was slamming or referring to anything that you posted,🙏
I had no nothing thought of that at all.
~~~~~~~
What I posted was only from my heart and what The Lord has taught me through my relationship w/Him, through the years.
Man has not taught me ,.. and I do not claim to be passed learning from Him , through His Spirit.
We will never , in this life, learn it all that He has,.. but He teaches us though The Spirit, then as we are taught, we go to the Scriptures ,..it must be Line up w/ The written Word.... (it must confirmed from the Scriptures)

And He has been faithful,always.

Jesus said, He would send back the Holy Spirit ,and it would teach you all things,.. it is The Spirit of God that speaks w/ us, draws us, guides us into all truths.

And since it Is ‘The Spirit’ that teaches , it must be Spiritually decerned.

John 6:63 (KJV)
“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life.”

1 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV)
“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.”

~~~~~~~~
When The Lord reveals His Word to us,... and by NO MEANS, do we deserve this,,... He is speaking teaching, drawing, guiding us into all truths.

Matthew 16:17-18 (KJV)
17 “And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.“
~~~~~~~~
Bro. Marvin,
I have appreciated many of your writings,
It was not my intention to offend you.
My intention is to speak the truth in the love of God.
.... I can do no other way.

—————-♥️
elizabeth

2020/4/14 13:10Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Elizabeth:

My post was rhetorical, no cause for alarm. I took the stance of a gag-order advocate and came at you with it. I wanted it to have the effect that it did...cause the readers to step back and look at an accusatory spirit trying to defend the closed canon of scripture vilifying someone who believes it is closed.
In short...shooting someone on your own side.

We are in full agreement Elizabeth on the topic and no, neither you nor did anyone else slam me or my beliefs.

I do have a rather harsh opinion of 'silencing the Spirit of God speaking'. Why? because in the end, to silence the Spirit of God speaking to us leads to two things.
1. We must now trust a self-appointed Man to tell us what to do, where to go, what to believe. This is cultic.
2. One of the most precious parts of living for Jesus is 'hearing his voice' as any Sheep belonging to him can do, must be silenced robbing us of that real actual and personal God who has saved us and loves us.

I am sorry if you misunderstood my way of writing to you.

2020/4/14 13:32Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Sorry Brother,

~~~~~~~~
Perhaps I did not understand?

Sometimes I am slow to understand.

don’t worry, ..I’m ok.

—————
elizabeth

2020/4/14 15:23Profile
NeedHim2018

Re:

Was thinking this morning of Paul's benediction in 2 Corinthians 13:14, "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all."

As I thought about the phrase, "communion of the Holy Ghost", it made me interested in understanding a bit more about what the word 'communion' meant. One definition found was, "the sharing of intimate thoughts and feelings, especially when the exchange is on a mental or spiritual level." The word, 'communion' seems to relate to the word 'communication'.

This got me to thinking more about what happens at communion. During this time, all of us who know Christ come to the cross. We focus on it and we think about what Jesus did for us on that cross, by paying the price for our sins, through the spilling of his precious blood. The cross is the 'common leveler' for all of us, because through it, all Christians may receive both forgiveness and cleansing from sins. Then the pastor asks us to consider our standing before God, and to think about whether there's anything in our life, that stands between us and God, which might hinder our fellowship with God or with man.

Was thinking more of this connection between 'communion' and 'communication'. One explanation was this: "Communion is a joining together of minds and spirits while communication is the act of communicating anything through transmission." So, it seems like in the act of communicating with God in prayer, during Communion, and having him search our hearts, we can greater communion, greater fellowship, with God and with our brothers and sisters.

Do these ramblings make sense lol?

Take care and God bless :)
John

2020/4/15 8:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy