SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The first apocalyptic rider with a crown-Corona

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

The first apocalyptic rider with a crown-Corona

Revelation 6 King James Version (KJV)
6 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

If you check the Latin or Spanish or Italian translation, the word CORONA is used - and Spain and Italy are especially hard hit.

I do not claim to have identified the first apocalyptic rider, but I see some striking symbolism:

The Virus spread as swiftly as galloping horse with rider
Crown=Corona
shooting with his bow seemingly at random
He does not wage war, nobody opposes him, he just conquers:
Indeed, the world has been conquered and brought almost the whole world into an social-economic stranglehold.

I appreciate some of you quoting comforting scriptures and I agree.

Rather than painting just a picture of gloom and doom, I want to point to another section in these verses:

Come and See!

We must come to Christ in order to see what he is doing. The world is blind by nature, but sadly most Christians cannot see because they do not COME.

I think it is ignorance to think that this is just some random calamity that soon will be over. If this is really the first rider, 3 more will follow in quick succession.

God wants our attention!
Mark what Solomon prayed:

2. Chr 6:28 If there be dearth in the land, if there be pestilence, if there be blasting, or mildew, locusts, or caterpillers; if their enemies besiege them in the cities of their land; whatsoever sore or whatsoever sickness there be:
29 Then what prayer or what supplication soever shall be made of any man, or of all thy people Israel, when every one shall know his own sore and his own grief, and shall spread forth his hands in this house:
30 Then hear thou from heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and render unto every man according unto all his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou only knowest the hearts of the children of men:)
31 That they may fear thee, to walk in thy ways, so long as they live in the land which thou gavest unto our fathers.

The world is collapsing under her accumulated weight of all her fornications, abominations, murders, thefts, idolatry, sorceries, etc.

We cannot save the world from her judgment, but we are the only one who can pray for our church and nation and ask God to save individuals.

Most churches and fellowships in the world are closed and we accept it as a neccessary precautionary matter. This is very dangerous if it continues. Fellowship is vital and we need each other. Zoom, Facetime, Whatsapp cannot make up for real fellowship.

Looking back, I wish I had made much more of fellowshipping with my brothers and sisters in Christ while it was possible. Now we are alienated from each other and I miss our meetings dearly.

Let us use this time of isolation to seek the Lord in prayer!

The Lord who once wore a crown of thorns will come back with many crowns on his head followed by resurrected saint with crown on their heads. Those who overcome will earn the crown of life!

2020/4/4 16:48Profile
deogloria

Re: The first apocalyptic rider with a crown-Corona

Thank you for your post
I have no opinion on the first part.
But I find the following interesting and important:
"Most churches and fellowships in the world are closed and we accept it as a necessary precautionary matter. This is very dangerous if it continues... Zoom, Facetime, Whatsapp cannot make up for real fellowship."
It probably took all of us by surprise, but we were already "programmed" to accept it as good and necessary. We both know the history of your country - dangerous times could be ahead.Most churches are thankful for such modern technology.
But in a way i wish they wouldn't exist. Then we would have to make up our mind how much we really value our fellowship with each other.
"Looking back, I wish I had made much more of fellowshipping with my brothers and sisters in Christ while it was possible..."
Good point, and I also wish I had spent more time reaching out with the Gospel, always struggled a bit with Rom. 1:16

May the Lord give you wisdom and guide you as you are shepherding your flock!
Blessings - Gottes Segen !

2020/4/5 3:26Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: The first apocalyptic rider with a crown-Corona

I did google the first part:

/// Italian translation of 'crown'
crown [kraʊn]
NOUN
1. corona
the Crown (law) ≈ il Pubblico Ministero

Rev 6:2 NIV says.... and he was given a crown and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. ///

Quote:
The world is collapsing under her accumulated weight of all her fornications, abominations, murders, thefts, idolatry, sorceries, etc.

We cannot save the world from her judgment, but we are the only one who can pray for our church and nation and ask God to save individuals.

Most churches and fellowships in the world are closed and we accept it as a neccessary precautionary matter. This is very dangerous if it continues. Fellowship is vital and we need each other. Zoom, Facetime, Whatsapp cannot make up for real fellowship.

Looking back, I wish I had made much more of fellowshipping with my brothers and sisters in Christ while it was possible. Now we are alienated from each other and I miss our meetings dearly.

Let us use this time of isolation to seek the Lord in prayer!

The Lord who once wore a crown of thorns will come back with many crowns on his head followed by resurrected saint with crown on their heads. Those who overcome will earn the crown of life!

Oh my goodness brother, there is so much (meat) in your post!

First, I want to speak to fellowshipping with one another. My personal testimony is that for at least 10+ years, I believed that the institutional church was the devil and refused to partake. Then the Lord spoke to me to forgive the Christians and pastors that has hurt me and regardless to return to church.

This is important to those who have ears to hear, He didn't tell me this because "they" needed me, it was "I" who needed their fellowship. This was humbling. The Lord led me to a small fellowship and we truly are a family, dysfunctional at best but still at it's root, FAMILY!! The Lord has taught me so much these past three years. I can also say with tears in my eyes, I miss my family dearly also.

Thank you for writing this and God does want our attention, more specifically, He wants mine.

The TV is our greatest enemy during this quarantine, even watching YouTube sermon videos takes away from time spent in His word and in His presence.

God bless you, brother and your family in Germany!
Lisa

2020/4/5 6:02Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy