SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : I finally got it

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

I finally got it

The undisputed number one way people catch this virus in the opinion of the experts fighting this outbreak is by coming into contact with or touching an infected person or surface then touching your own face with your hands. It quickly enters through your facial openings. There's been a lot coming at all of us but I sat down and watched for a while yesterday and finally got what they have been saying even though I had already been trying to heed this bit of advice. So HAND WASHING and SOCIAL DISTANCING, keeping a safe space between you and the next person if you are out in public, are acutely important at this point. I know, tell us something we don't know. I'm just posting a reminder on behalf of all you good folks. Be careful and be safe. I'm home for 2 weeks because of a stay at home if possible mandate from our Minnesota governor.

Blessings and prayers for you.

2020/3/29 6:14Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: I finally got it

Yes brother, this is an unprecented time. May God bless the saints who are committing to follow the dictates of the government (Romans 13) that are not going against the Words of God.

Also for all believers on SermonIndex who are in financial hardship or lost a job during this time our prayers are with you.

It seems from all news sites that this will be dragging on much longer 1-2 months or even longer. I have recommended to all believers in my area to buy heirloom seeds and plant a good vegtable garden to provide healthy food for your families.

For canadians this brother in Canada is a great source for heirloom seeds: https://www.rainbowseeds.ca

God is with us.

2020/3/29 7:07Profile
deogloria

Re:

Thank you both for some helpful input.
Just like to emphasize a bit more how important it is to look after our physical health as well and have a good immune system. No more junk food please !

A Scripture that might not make sense at first:
"for the LORD God had not sent rain upon the earth, and there was no man to cultivate the ground..." Genesis 2:5
J. Parker writes:
"Here begins that great system of Divine and human cooperation which is still in progress..."

God has given us talents, wisdom, resources etc. And we should use them to do our bit as long as we are able.

2020/3/29 17:25Profile
passerby

Re:

Aside from hand washing and physical distancing, everyone should wear a mask in a covid19 affected places.

Myth:
Mask doesn't help if you are asymptomatic.

Fact:
It has been proven that SARS-CoV2 can be transmitted by asymptomatic covid19 positive individuals.

Myth:
Wearing a mask can have negative or insignificant effects since they are not covering their eyes.

Fact:
a. Mouth and nose are the primary points of spread and entry of covid19.

b. By wearing a mask, the spread and the entry of the virus can be significantly reduced..

c. It also cuts down the inoculum dose or viral load that one can receive so that the severity of disease process is lesser.

d. Covid19 virus does not enter through the skin of your face but through mucosal membrane of the respiratory system, the conjunctiva itself does not have ACE2 receptors through which the virus can gain entry into our cells, but there is a lacrimal channel that drains into the nasal cavity.

Are Home made mask effective: Yes, specially with modifications, a simple internet search will prove this.

For the believers, our response may not actually require an intensive theological study, but a simple call to our prayer or meditation closet, this is the spirit that should have caught us.

God can selectively rescue us from harm.

Exodus 12:13 (ESV)

"The blood shall be a sign for you, on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and no plague will befall you to destroy you, when I strike the land of Egypt."

2 Peter 2:9 (ESV)

"then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment"

I guess the bible is clear in Romans 8:20 on too much personalization (i.e. particular punishment or result of a particular sin) of sufferings, as he put the whole creation under the path of destruction(futility) since the time of the original fall of man.

2020/3/31 1:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy