SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : We will get through this because...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//What politician or national leader has voiced the fact that this attitude that seems a strength of character may indeed be part of the problem at this point?//

Certainly not Winston Churchill during WW2. You seem to be suggesting it is wrong for national leaders to try to inspire their countrymen. I will never agree with this. In a situation like this it is all hands on deck.

Of course this includes the church and the church should be doing what the HS wants it to do. This is independent of any cheerleading by Trump or whoever.

2020/3/27 19:13Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Hi Fletcher,

I wasn't using Deut. 28 to establish a NT covenant of works. I was only using it to show what God would do to youth, babies and even those in the womb because of His peoples' disobedience. He did the same thing throughout Israel's history. You had made the point I believe that God would never be authorizing or bringing about the destruction of the unborn in the temporal.

Again, in this instance especially, I am not suggesting that God's true people are subject to God's eternal condemnation. Just a temporal judgement as decided by God to correct, discipline and chasten His children.

We must be able to discern the difference between God's loving and compassionate correction of His children through painful but corrective temporal means and and the final wrathful judgment of condemnation that might begin on earth per Revelation but find its ultimate consummation in eternal wrath which is actually much worse than any temporal pain and suffering for the unbeliever.

Throughout the Bible there are instances where God's people are taken out of this world ( killed ) in order to spare and save them from continuing in sin and a sure condemnation at final judgment. 1 Corinthians 11.

2020/3/27 19:19Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Brother Robert

Thank you for the continued dialogue :)

You wrote;” You had made the point I believe that God would never be authorizing or bringing about the destruction of the unborn in the temporal.”

Actually that’s not what I said- and as such would be a mischaracterization
of the question I asked you... tho having said this I don’t see that there is really middle ground - one of us is in gross error and neither of us seems to be open to actually have our minds changed...

Is that a far assessment in your opinion?

2020/3/27 21:39Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Brother Fletcher:

Well, in the abstract sin was not judged on the cross simply because it had already been judged according to God's law. We know sin because the Spirit of God testifies to God's law in the form of conviction.

Maybe this sounds a little to precise, but sin has always been judged of God according to his revealed will=law=testimony=commandment=precept=ways.

Jesus sacrificial death didn't judge sin, it judged us, we who sin...and because Jesus was pure, we who sin may now be made righteous as he was made a sin-sacrifice for us.

Sin and law left in the abstract or existential really can confuse matters. When we recognize we are judged by the law according to what we have done, this places sin where it should be and connects us to Jesus sacrifice in reality.

Hope this answers the question.

2020/3/30 14:23Profile
docs

Re:

/You seem to be suggesting it is wrong for national leaders to try to inspire their countrymen. I will never agree with this. In a situation like this it is all hands on deck./

I'm not suggesting that at all. I believe it is wrong though to rally the country to trust in our own "American" ability to overcome in the strength and ingenuity of man. I did see President Trump recently say that with our determination and ability and the grace of God we will get through this. Amen. I just wish there was more.

2020/3/30 14:51Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: We will get through this because...

Everyone has their own way of looking at America. I am grateful and oh so thankful to born in America.

Saying that, imho, being an American isn't going to get me or anyone else through this. If our hope is in America alone, we are doomed (not saying anyone said that). It's not because America is bad but it's because our hope (treasures) is not focused on earthly things (America) and not on heavenly things.

Is not He your Father who has bought you? He has made you and established you. ~ Deut 32:6

All Christians need to be careful, in Judges 8 when Gideon died it says in verse 34: Thus the sons of Israel did not remember the Lord their God, who had delivered them from the hands of ALL their enemies on EVERY side..."

In these times we don't want to forget what the Lord has already done for us and what He will do for us again. "Stay close by (the Lord), we've never been this way."

God bless,
Lisa

2020/3/31 13:16Profile
passerby

Re:

Man has lost control of the coronavirus, the Lord God has not. It will ravish the nations until His purposes are fulfilled.

Psalms 33

8 Let all the earth fear the Lord;let all the inhabitants
of the world stand in awe of him!
9 For he spoke, and it came to be;he commanded, and it
stood firm.
10 The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing;
he frustrates the plans of the peoples.
11 The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of
his heart to all generations.
12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,the people
whom he has chosen as his heritage!
13 The Lord looks down from heaven;he sees all the
children of man;
14 from where he sits enthroned he looks out on all the
inhabitants of the earth,
15 he who fashions the hearts of them all and observes
all their deeds.
16 The king is not saved by his great army;a warrior is
not delivered by his great strength.
17 The war horse is a false hope for salvation,and by its
great might it cannot rescue.
18 Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear him,
on those who hope in his steadfast love,
19 that he may deliver their soul from death and keep
them alive in famine.

2020/4/2 7:50Profile
docs

Re:

/All Christians need to be careful, in Judges 8 when Gideon died it says in verse 34: Thus the sons of Israel did not remember the Lord their God, who had delivered them from the hands of ALL their enemies on EVERY side..."/

And a nation can do this as a whole. Look where we have gone since WWII for instance. That's a very timely scripture. When if ever will the cycle of being delivered then forgetting be broken?

2020/4/2 8:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy