SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : China's ominous hint

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

China's ominous hint

While bragging in state run media of its "successful" efforts to curb the coronavirus in its own country, China also hinted at how it could cut off many necessary medicines from the west and the U.S. in particular thus, in China's words, plunging us into a mighty sea of coronavirus.

It seems manufacturing of these medicines has for some reason over the years moved mainly to China and much technology needed to produce such medicines is centered there also. This nasty hint from China lays bare for me the true face of its leadership. How the United States has gotten itself so dependent for medicine on an officially atheistic state is a story in itself. And dependent for many other items. I guess this is an economic Babylon where the supposedly most God acknowledging nation in the world finds itself largely dependent and beholden to the most officially atheistic nation in the world. Say it ain't so but it is!

Things are really frail if one can look behind the scenes. We are touting our world leading economy but look how it has been shaken to the core almost overnight. Saudi Arabia and Russia are engaged in a oil war against each other which could further disrupt the world economy. By hook and crook, Putin has fixed it so that he will be lead Russia for at least the next 16 years.

I guess what I'm saying is it has been dramatically shown in the past week how things that appear very strong can be subjected to unexpected and unforeseen circumstances which can reveal them almost overnight to be hanging by a thread.

Where do I look for encouragement? I can start with the fact that "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8).

Essentially, Christ is an unchangeable person who also lives in the power of an endless unending life (Hebrews 7:16).

And, "Since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. For our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:28-29)

Christ is unchangeable always living in the power of unending eternal life and His kingdom is one which cannot be shaken. So the alternative to this world's frail, unpredictable and easily shaken kingdoms is an unchangeable and eternal Christ whose kingdom cannot be shaken. UNCHANGEABLE and UNSHAKEABLE. This is a living refuge and safety no matter what may transpire in our present or future circumstances. In the person of His Son, God has provided us a sure anchor for our souls. Kingdoms may come and kingdoms may go but Christ will be there.

2020/3/13 9:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy