SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does God withdraw from us?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

Does God withdraw from us?

2 Chronicles 32:31...God withdrew from him, in order to test him, that He might know all that was in his heart.

2 Chronicles 32:31...God left him, to try him, that He might know all that was in his heart.

Does God withdraw from us the way He did with Hezekiah, to know all that is in our heart?

2020/2/6 6:28Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Does God withdraw from us?

I'm mostly just your common sense person on SI, because I don't know the word that well, not because I don't read it, I just don't understand a lot of it. So in my common sense explanation, I'll do the best I can. I take the word withdrew as, "He Allowed" because God allows trials to remind us that even good people are not essentially good, that we all need His grace or we would perish. None of us can demand His blessing as a wage due. Hopefully I'm close.

2020/2/6 9:12Profile
passerby

Re:

This refers to 2 Kings 20:12-19/Isaiah 39:1-8

2020/2/6 13:14Profile
cup

Bob Mumford taught that God really does not go away or leave us but He removes our consciousness of Him so we do not realize He is really there.

2020/2/7 6:44Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

The new testament says, draw close to God (through repenting) and He will draw close to you.
In James 4 v 8.

2020/2/7 10:31Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Brother..
I do believe that if GOD wants to test us which HE CAN HES GOD..
James 1: 2-4
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials. Knowing that the TESTING OF YOUR FAITH produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work that you may be perfect and complete lacking nothing.
He will withdraw but never leave us..
I believe if you ever feel this way then you should seeK His face and ask HIM what He is trying to teach you.. I have had dry spells but KNOW HE IS ALWAYS WITH ME.. I ASKIN HIM WHAT IS THE LESSON HERE??

He says in Heb 11:25 let your conduct be without covetousness be content with such things as you have. For He himself has said "I will never leave you nor forsake you.. So we may boldly say The LORD is my helper I will not fear What can man do to me?"
Just some of my thoughts.
in Him
Sister Frannie

2020/2/9 15:21Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

amen i JUST love Bob Mumford.. Love all His books and his teachings..

2020/2/9 15:22Profile
passerby

Re:

Reading the whole chapter of 2 Chronicles 32 or 2 kings 20, my understanding is that the word 'withdrawal' or abandoned is hard to apply in absolute sense. His grace still remained with Hezekiah although there was a declaration of incoming invasion and plunder of Israel.

We can only have a glimpse about the counsel of God, but whether in captivity or under heavy hands, His grace do not fail to those who fear Him and place themselves in a humble submission before the almighty.

2020/2/10 22:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy