PosterThread
BruisedReed3

Nigeria

LET HIM DENY HIMSELF PT2

7th January 2020
MORNING CONTEMPLATION
TOPIC: LET HIM DENY HIMSELF
TEXT: MATT. 16:24

''Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.''  

To go after Jesus; to trail Him; walk in His steps; take Him as our copy after which we should write; and drawing our examples from Him, is the noblest desire a mortal man can ever concieve; But note this: no man of woman born can run after God except God draws him. In our text above, a seed was cast into the disciples heart, that capacitated them to want to follow after God: it should be noted that this motion or inclination, is a gift from God. They signified to Christ, 'We wish, long, desire and are willing to follow thee.' this is God's mercy, a drawing mercy. It is a seed of godly journey; this is the foundation of any lasting walk with God. So, God, no doubt, was the one who initiated this desire in these disciples. Can any looks for God without God making such a person looks and longs for Him first. Both to will and to do are of His own gracious doing. Any man that ever looked for God, was first looked for by Him; whoever found God, was first found by Him. We love Him, because He first loved us: His loving, calling and finding us first, capacitated us to love, call and find Him. A desire after God, is a manifest sign that He has desired and is desiring after us. His stands with us at any given time, would always resonate in our being; we can sense His move by considering the motions of our spirits. Praise be His name for His drawing mercy--mercy that inclines us after Him. He is the planter of this desire! He who gives me the desire to come after Him, says, I must deny myself! He helps me in coming to Him, should I not trust Him to help me deny myself too? He draws me from other things, would He not draw me from myself? He that has power to draw me from the world, does not He have the power to draw me from myself as well? To be continued in the 7th January's evening contemplation.

2020/1/6 17:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy