SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is your biggest fear?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

What is your biggest fear?

Just curious to know what is the thing you are most afraid of as a christian.

My biggest fear is ending up lukewarm and indifferent about Jesus and eternal things. This is not an indictment against anyone but I know so many people who were once on fire for Christ and now can talk about a football game with as much enthusiasm as they talk about Jesus.

I pray constantly, "Jesus, I want a blazing, passionate love for You. I want to be like You when You said 'The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up'. I want my first thought in the morning to be You, and my last thought before I sleep to be You. I want to walk with you like Enoch did. Don't ever let me lose my first love, but let it burn out of control like a brush fire."

I don't want to be anything like worldly people. Everything I see in them is lifeless and gray. They live for nothing.

2019/12/31 17:19Profile
HaveMercy

Re: What is your biggest fear?

I think you are spot on about that fear, drifter. I have a similar fear also. It is scary to think that one day, I might look at God as I look at a glass of water. What horror!

May zeal for Christ forever be in our hearts, brother.

2020/1/9 16:54Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

I think I share the exact same fear, there is nothing more frightful or more odious to me than somehow losing my love for Jesus. I can think of nothing that rips the very heart out of me than growing cold and indifferent towards Jesus.

I share the same prayer and would have the same answer as Nigel...to be ever passionate and obedient to Jesus Christ.

The loss of many other things would be horrible but the loss of Jesus would be a living hell.

2020/1/10 15:59Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

John 10:27-29 (KJV) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Which includes myself. His """Passion""" in me will never loose its power.

In Christ forever: Phillip

2020/1/10 18:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy