SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : “Seek His Face, ... ‘see’ through His Eyes”

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Elibeth

“Seek His Face, ... ‘see’ through His Eyes”

*Eyes to See...
Gen.3:1-6,
Eve looked to the serpent,... Satan,.. that we can all look to, for his counsel.
She looked to see the tree,...considered the counsel of the serpent, and made ‘her’ fleshly judgment.
But Eve had not been given, ‘Eyes to See’
...she judged with man’s ‘seeing’.

She ate of,..
*The tree of the knowledge of good and evil,..she did what ‘the flesh’ wanted to do.

Q,.. does God not want us to have the knowledge of the good and the evil?

Yes,..He does!,..But the remedy (the blood of Jesus)had not come yet, .. and The Holy Spirit That would/will bring us into all Truth, ...’The tree of Life’,... that we could / can eat of and ‘Live forever’ had not yet come.

The Tree of Life, teaches us about the good and the evil,.. that we might walk / go in His ‘WAY’,... the Way of Truth.
———-
When God called us by His Grace,..
*The Grace of God, through the law, made sin, ...exceedingly sinful to us,.. else why would we want to change?

Rom.7:13,
“But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.”
( made me want to die to my old fleshly way)..

*then we know we need ‘a Savior’

...as with Eve,..we are undone/ naked before The Lord,
We need to be clothed upon.
And come through The Door,.. by Jesus,..His Blood,..

We now! ..long to eat of The Tree of Life.

So to eat of the tree of the knowledge good and evil, and to try to do it was not “THE WAY”,... it could not / cannot be achieved.
—-
** I believe there was only ONE tree in garden, and not two.... eat one time and eyes were open,.. but God would not allow them to continue to eat,.. until,.. until ?..
....we first must come to the realization of how lost / sinful we really are, before we desire Life,.. ‘the tree of Life’,.. that we now seek after.
————
*what happened when Eve ate of that tree? They received the knowledge without the remedy...They realized they ‘were naked’.. fear of God,.. in need of a covering...

Isn’t that what happens to us when God draws us to Him, through His Grace ?
He shows us our sins,.. , then to know that we need a remedy.
*Jesus is the remedy,..
His Blood sacrifice,
His Spirit.. He, Who is The Word, is born into us....
we do not have to memorize,.. it is in us as a fountain of Living Water, to flow up / out as needed.
———-
Romans 13:12 (KJV)
“The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.”
————
“John 9:4-5 (KJV),
4 “I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”
————-
The Love of God,
elizabeth

2019/12/17 13:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy