SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : VANITY - Lahry Sibley

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
cup

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Command "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

You stated in another thread that you are not perfect and according to your view of keeping this command you are not obeying. Now also according to your view you can not love God because your are not in obedience to this word.

You stated, "it is not complicated. REPENTANCE is evidenced by our OBEDIENCE. We stop disobeying."

Please explain why you are still in disobedience to this word from Christ Himself on being perfect.

2019/12/26 5:50Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

It's not complicated at all. I am perfect in HIM. I have HIS righteous and not my own. So you see, it's not a command after all. It is a declaration, and a recreation. HE said "let there be light, and light was"
Then somewhere along the way HE said, "Lahry, be perfect" and I am. Why? Because HIS blood has washed away every stain.

Is my flesh perfect? NO! Is my will perfect? NO! Oh but praise the LORD, HE in me is so very perfect. HE is all my righteousness and I stand complete in HIM, and worship HIM.

Thank you for your comment and question. :)

2020/2/7 6:42Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: Passerby

Thank you for your comments. What you shared is a major motivator in my life and ministry.
In my 76 years, I have transcended from a Catholic to Bible only. And yes, it has taken me that long to purge out the old leaven.
I had a personal experience with GOD at about age 28. I then began reading the Bible. It did not take me long to figure out that there was so much that I had been told by man, that was not supported by Bible Truth and sound doctrine.

Paul said,
Rom 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 
Rom 8:16  The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 
Rom 8:17  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 

So my quest is to not be led by the letter, but by the SPIRIT. My will goes to the CROSS each day. And I seek to do as HE leads me, day by day, moment by moment.

Am I perfect at this? Sadly, no. But my hope is not in my perfection, but in the ONE who sacrificed HIS own perfection for me.

My quest for obedience is the result of HIS salvation love for me. Not a cause. So I press on.

My worst enemy is not satan. HE was defeated on the CROSS and made a show of openly. The WORD of YEHOVAH breaks the chains of deceptions. Satan is a liar. Lies bind us in chains of traditions and religious schemes. So there is no substitute for searching the scriptures daily, to see if these things be so.
My worst enemy is my flesh. It continually supports selfish love in the pursuit of comfort, pleasure, entertainment amusement, and yes even immorality. But I am CRUCIFIED with my LORD

I was born in 1943. But I died sir, about the year 33 AD. So my life is over. Has been even before it began.

Rom 6:3  Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 
Rom 6:4  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 

This newness of life is a SPIRIT led life. I die daily, to live in HIM. Any obedience is the result of my death to my will and sin. I am a living sacrifice.

My quest is just this,

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 
Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 

Most of what is called "church" today, is nothing more than a religious business, as you well stated. Leonard Ravenhill once stated that he doubted that 2% of all those who call themselves "christians" in the USA, were actually born again. I agree with that? Why? Because of the like of what you said.

So thank you for your comments. So appreciate your question.

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 
Gal 2:21  I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. 

2020/2/7 7:01Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: Keeping the commandments

Mr Cup. I realize that I am likely taking your comments in a very carnal way. I apologize. But from my perspective, I see your comments as attempting to discredit hope in my life. Sir, my hope is not in my perfection, but in HIS. And as stated above, "perfection" has been declared of me by my LORD and HIS sacrifice on my behalf.

Thank you.

2020/2/7 7:04Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re:

Gal 2:18  For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 
Gal 2:19  For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 
Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 
Gal 2:21  I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. 

2020/2/7 7:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy