Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : VANITY - Lahry Sibley

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

VANITY - Lahry Sibley

Jer 2:5 Thus saith the LORD, What iniquity have your fathers found in me, that they are gone far from me, and have walked after vanity, and are become vain?

Vanity, fruitless in their labors. They build the kingdoms of MEN and call it "the house of the LORD". What iniquity has anyone ever found in HAYAH (I AM)? What commandment of HIS is "grievous"? Which one is it that HE has given that is unloving and not meant for our own good and protection?

And yet men and women live and rule over steeple houses without benefit of a prophet, or the gift of discernment of spirits, and WRONGLY call it HIS BODY! Oh the stench of it all. Talk about OBEDIENCE unto YEHOVAH, which HE most assuredly requires, and some react as if you poured swines blood on the altar of the temple of old. What kind of insanity and gross vanity is this. What kind of ignorance does it take to follow such as this? Yet millions do, in their worship of a god made in their own image, who's main purpose is to serve man, rather than the other way around.Oh these things must not be, and yet they are. One need only pick up his/her bible and read this truth for themselves. It is displayed from cover to cover in the Bible.

You read in the Book of Revelations of YESHU HA'MACHIACH about the 7 churches in chapters 2 and 3. 5 of which YESHUA has something against. If HE had these things against the churches (assemblies) then, what do you think HE must think about what HE sees before HIM today with some 40,000 denominations, ALL OF WHICH ARE NOT SCRIPTURAL and in error. 40,000 interpretations that separate them from others who take HIS name in vain as they do. Are you looking for "anti-christ"? It is alive and well in denominations today. Only a few are voicing any objection at all, and those, for the most part go unheard. Men intoxicated with their own opinions, pride, status, and position rather than being obedient to what is written and simple to understand.

John 14:15 If you [really] love Me, you will keep (obey) My commands.

So how theologically complex is that simple statement? And what of those who refuse to consider obedience as an obligation that consumates salvation by FAITH? Mention obedience to them and they call you a LEGALIST! I hope their assessment holds up for them come judgment day. I am terrified that it won't.

Saints, its time to be resurrected from the land of "make believe". It's way past time that we all should be preachers and yet most are not. Most church people cannot accurately tell you how you are born again and what that looks like in a truly converted disciple of YESHUA. If you don't believe this, the next time you're in a meeting of 10 or more, hand out a piece of paper and a pencil to all as they arrive. Ask them what must a person do to be saved, and have them write their answers on the piece of paper you gave them. I promise it will be extremely rare, that any will write down the TRUTH with Biblical accuracy. And very rare that you will get any two alike, right or wrong. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

Are you willing to base your eternal future on your personal opinion, or that of your neighbor, or, on the WORD of the MOST HIGH ELOHIM (GOD)? Judgment day is not the time to get it right, my friend. TODAY is the day of SALVATION. Do you know HIM? Do you know HIS will for you? Well do you?

2019/12/15 21:07Profile
docs

Re: VANITY - Lahry Sibley

I'm not so sure this message is entirely born of the Spirit as whoever brought it may assume it is. I'm not trying to be a briar and fuss if I must but it doesn't seem to me to bear entire Holy Spirit authenticity. It's condemning for sure. The Christians I fellowship with are strongly endeavoring to obey God and grow in Christ. And to a person they know what one must do to be saved. This word has the condemning air of one size fits all. Just my thoughts. Take them as you will. Peace in Christ.

2019/12/15 21:43Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: Thank you.

If your group is what you say it is, and I pray that it is, surely you must know that you are only a remnant.
The intent is not to condemn anyone. I have no such right. The intent is to attempt to cause people to THINK and realize their responsibility as "believers" to search the scriptures daily to see if these things be so.

Again, thank you for caring enough to offer feedback.

2019/12/15 22:22Profile
docs

Re:

Truth be told, there are not over 40,000 denominations. It's been my experience that is a urban myth of sorts used by those who have a axe to grind. There are maybe 120 denominations at best and that may be a high number that is likely inaccurate. There just aren't 40,000 different Christian denominations.

Just out of curiosity, why did or do you use the names HAYAH (I AM), YEHOVAH, YESHU HA'MACHIACH, and MOST HIGH ELOHIM (GOD)?

I suppose those are Hebrew names for God yet we don't speak Hebrew today in the USA and elsewhere. We speak English of course. And Jehovah is not a Hebrew word at all but is a hybrid combination of two Hebrew words melded together for convenience. JEHOVAH is not found in any original manuscripts of the Bible but only appears in later translations. Are you perhaps a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses or any group like them?

If there is a remnant I believe humility should be one of its chief characteristics. That doesn't mean that others cannot be analyzed by Scripture. Every Christian I have known and do know have always searched the Scriptures as part of their attempt to better know God and walk in the corollary obedience. It's not limited to just a enlightened few. Again, I may be coming across as a burr but there seems to be a blanket condemnation in what you have shared. It made me feel weighty and condemned for just about everything I am doing as a Christian. So I'm again stating I don't believe the all the thoughts and words may have come from the authentic burden and insight that the Holy Spirit gives. I appreciate your effort but it could be framed and stated in a different way I think.

Again, thank you and peace in Christ.

2019/12/16 7:55Profile
cup

Were you taught that God was out to prove you, to see if you really loved Him or not, and the proof was in whether you heard Him speak every moment and did only what He said exactly as He said it? If so this teaching is the thing God will use to bring the one who believes this to utter hopelessness, that He might then show theme the wonder and beauty of Christ.

If we believe this teaching then we must PROVE that we love Him and that we can walk away from that love so easily. So obviously, we would live in a state of separating ourselves from His love all the time by our disobedience and therefore must prove to a hard-to-convince Deity that we really do love Him by a perfect obedience - and that is the only way WE can stay in His love.

2019/12/16 10:31Profile
cup

Re: Keep His commandments

Sorry duplicate post

2019/12/17 5:33Profile
cup

Keep His commandments

The word "keep" has nothing to do with obedience as you wrote.

G5083 τηρέω Strong's Greek Lexicon Number

1) to attend to carefully, take care of
1a) to guard
1b) metaph. to keep, one in the state in which he is
1c) to observe
1d) to reserve: to undergo something

τηρέω
to watch over, protect, guard

Dodson:

τηρέω
I keep, guard, observe
I keep, guard, observe, watch over.

Like a mother chicken would "keep" her eggs by watching over them, protecting them, observing them and guarding them.

2019/12/17 5:36Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: Keep His commandments

Joh 14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments. 

It's not complicated. REPENTANCE is evidenced by our OBEDIENCE. We stop disobeying.

Act 17:30  And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 

2019/12/24 6:24Profile
cup

Keeping the commandments

So you must prove every day that you really do love Him by your perfect obedience because that is the only way you can stay in His love. So obviously, you would live in a state of separating yourself from His love all the time by your disobedience.

2019/12/24 9:39Profile
passerby

What commandments should a christian obey, please understand that although the concept of obedience is a clear biblical teaching, it has been abused by many groups and individuals for control, money, or power.

Confusion regarding this concept can also lead to anguish and depression from unneccessary guilt and anxieties.

2019/12/26 0:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy