SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : INFIDEL

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

INFIDEL

2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
2Co 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Cleanse ourselves? Let us apply to him for the requisite grace of purification; and avoid every thing in spirit and practice which is opposite to the doctrine of God, and which has a tendency to pollute the soul.

Opposite to the doctrine of GOD? I don't know about you. But for me, this is a daily spiritual house cleaning job. Everywhere you look (outside the Bible), everything you hear in this world, is OPPOSITE to the DOCTRINE (TEACHING) of GOD. All the world has to offer, is toxic to spiritual purity.

To be holy is to be separate. Even "going to church" is not pure, except that the WORD of the LORD is proclaimed in Spirit and in Truth. Denominationalism is spiritual FILTH. What ever adds too or takes from what is written in the HOLY BIBLE is TOXIC to purity and holiness. And ALL DENOMINATIONS do this. They "accept this", but "not that". They all cause DIVISIONS.

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Rom 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

SIMPLE - unsuspecting.

Living life without the Bible instruction (sound doctrine) is like trying to drive an automobile with a blindfold on. You're not going to get too far, before you and/or the road are going to make a WRONG TURN. So it is for folks who REFUSE to search the SCRIPTURES daily to see if these things be so, and LIVE ACCORDINGLY.

Denominations use "good words (even Bible texts) and fair speeches" to DECIEVE the hearts of the unsuspecting. You are not suspicious because you will not read/study your Bible and so you have no way to measure their honesty, or lack thereof.

Since no two denominations agree, none can be correct. Oh they may have this theological thesis or that one. But when they find a Bible text that offends, or steps on their current practices and religious traditions, they call it "legalism". Stay clear of these spiritual prostitutes.

So cleansing ourselves is not just about avoiding the lusts and immoral passions and pursuits of this world. Oh no. We must cleanse ourselves of false doctrines, and idolatrous traditions of men.

It's time to go BACK TO THE BIBLE, perfecting HOLINESS (purity, separateness) in the FEAR OF THE LORD.

FEAR OF THE LORD - reverential respect as evidenced by our obedience and avoiding all filthiness of flesh and spirit.

Please don't arrive on the LAST DAY, only to discover that what HE cleansed, you soiled, with the filth of this world and the deceptions of men in denominationalism. (Independent "churches" can be sources of deceptions also)

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the TRUTH, he is either no longer mistaken, or he ceases to be honest. Selah

2019/12/11 21:00Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re: INFIDEL

A couple thoughts just for accurate contextual understanding.

The verses you quoted from Corinthians were written to believers that were going to actual sacrifices and feasts given to honor and conjoin with idols and demons. Those idol sacrifices/feasts/orgies were attended by many Christians in Corinth. This was the way the trade guilds operated. It largely controlled the financial status and ability to make a decent wage with the citizens including the believers.

We can't really apply those verses directly to things to far outside that context. The direct application to us in North America is limited. Although it is often tempting to do so.

Onesimus4God stated -

Quote:
Denominationalism is spiritual FILTH. What ever adds too or takes from what is written in the HOLY BIBLE is TOXIC to purity and holiness. And ALL DENOMINATIONS do this. They "accept this", but "not that". They all cause DIVISIONS.

&

Since no two denominations agree, none can be correct. Oh they may have this theological thesis or that one. But when they find a Bible text that offends, or steps on their current practices and religious traditions, they call it "legalism". Stay clear of these spiritual prostitutes.

This always makes me chuckle. Exactly who is it that it is believed can parse the distinctions between them? You? Exactly who? What if they disagree with you?

As you grow you will find that one mans divisive toxic heretic is another mans champion of the faith and reformer.

Just breech a question on Calvinism or Arminianism in a thread here and watch all the "deeply spiritual" ones jump in and condemn anyone that disagrees with their particular angle.

The problem is this ... many honest, God fearing, truth seeking people.... People that are brilliant and have studied theology in its deepest with a desire for nothing but the truth ... have come to different conclusions on a variety of theological issues. They have done this with a clear conscience not driven by a need to defend any theological denomination.

Who is it that sets themselves up as the one true authority to sort them all out? That person is the one to actually fear. The one who blanket condemns others simply because they do not agree to their particular take on scripture.

2019/12/12 12:34Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re:

Sir your question has only one answer.

"Who is it that sets themselves up as the one true authority to sort them all out?"

GOD does, not me. HIS word separates and divides, sheep from goats, wheat from tares. Your contention is not with me, but with HIS Word. :)

2019/12/13 6:51Profile
cup

Re:

Solomon101 wrote

"The problem is this ... many honest, God fearing, truth seeking people.... People that are brilliant and have studied theology in its deepest with a desire for nothing but the truth ... have come to different conclusions on a variety of theological issues. They have done this with a clear conscience not driven by a need to defend any theological denomination."

This is true. The problem is the way we understand and view His Word. Now can you say that your understanding of His Word is 100% percent correct? I can not because The Holy Spirit is always revealing Christ to me in ways that I have not known in the past.

2019/12/13 8:32Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: Thank you

Thank you for your comments. I like your screen name also.

"Now can you say that your understanding of His Word is 100% percent correct?"

Absolutely NOT! But I didn't just start yesterday either. I have learned that TRUTH that excludes TRUTH, is in reality, NOT TRUE. The devil specializes in 1/2 TRUTHS and cliche's. HE uses these to deceive the masses on the wide road.

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the TRUTH, he is either no longer mistaken, or he ceases to be honest.

Why? PRIDE. Worse, "church" is a business. Business must have customers. Members. YESHUA made disciples. Churches call people to "come", while YESHUA commands us to go.

Lots of people have "positions of notoriety" because they have chosen "ministry" as a profession. A learned and educated behavior that keeps customers happy. Problem is, we're not called to be happy. We are called to deny self (will), take up our cross (die daily) and follow HIM (that means you can't stay where you are).

I was raised catholic. Then I had a personal experience with GOD. Then I began reading the Bible and soon realized that I had been deceived by my church. I had to make a choice. I chose sola scriptura. I have never regretted that choice. And where what it directs me to do is different than what I do, live, and say, I must change, if HE is to live in me forever more. Perfect? Hardly. But I have a passion to pursue HIM. It's all I think about, what I live for.

Again thank you for your input. GOD bless you real good.

2019/12/14 6:53Profile
cup

Re: How to we see these commands?

Command "Be holy, for I am holy"
Command "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

So how do we hear these?

Do we hear it as if God who is sitting on His throne barking an order at us as a army general would bark an order to his troops?

Is it something we do?

Is it something we do with God's help?

Is it something God will do?

Is it something we do not do but something we are?

Is it something that God has already done?

So each person can hear this differently and respond according to his view.

But LIFE and DEATH are at stake here so we can not take this lightly.

2019/12/14 15:46Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: Thank you.

Amen! Thank you for posting.

LS

2019/12/15 21:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy