SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Good Fight Ministries on Kanye West

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Marvin, thank you so much for that, I concur. I agree we need to be careful not to put brakes on acting godly and righteously toward him. I’m thinking I may have “beaten a dead horse” in this thread. I'm going to end any public criticism of this man here. Blessings bro.

2019/11/14 18:43Profile
savannah

Re: mental health

"It’s fairly well known that Kanye struggles with mental health issues so that must be added into this equation.

What does it look like when a person with these types of illnesses get converted?

Maybe not exactly like a mentally healthy person."

Mark & Luke answer your question;

And they came to Jesus and observed the man who had been demon-possessed sitting down, clothed and in his right mind, the very man who had had the “legion”; and they became frightened.
Mark 5:15

So the people went out to see what had happened, and they came to Jesus. They found the man from whom the demons had gone out, sitting at Jesus' feet, clothed and in his right mind, and they were afraid. Luke 8:35

2019/11/15 6:50Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Well if you are suggesting mental illness is always the result of demonic possession I would just say you are plain wrong and horribly so.

Nor is every illness cured at conversion, although that would be nice.

2019/11/15 6:54Profile
savannah

Re: MH

"...if you are suggesting mental illness is always the result of demonic possession..."

No...I am not suggesting that at all.

I know several, personally, who suffer from mental illness. When on their medication, they do well. When they get off their medication, I am visiting them in the psychiatric hospital or worse.

None of them excuse their behavior. They take full responsibility, and rightfully so.

When we begin justifying our behavior, namely our sinful thoughts and practices, therein lies the real mental illness.

A brain that doesn't function properly due to a chemical imbalance or deficiency cannot be equated with a sin. Nor can those who suffer from such, be said to be demon-possessed.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

2019/11/15 9:08Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I certainly agree with that.

My only point was that Kanye if he truly has a mental illness may not act exactly normally even if truly converted.

Obviously he should not be blatantly sinning if he is converted.

2019/11/15 11:23Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Read this. Watch the video clips. Hear the Sheriff tell of what happened in the prison services Kanye lead this week.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/kanye-west-performs-surprise-jail-concert?utm_content=buffer358a6&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=fb-theblaze&fbclid=IwAR1DgB3w0N3A3sqhqdPccdYhWzkYxDvFV3B6SZcM8xUG97Ra1xMAcTfhlG0

Those of you that have been badmouthing this man.... YOU are exemplifying the exact reason most people reject Christ. The self righteousness that looks down its nose ... as if you have any authority ... or enough maturity to even make such a judgment.

YOU are setting such a bad example of what a Christian is that it has destroyed the message of Christ to most. Do you get that ... people reject Christ because you are setting such an egotistically bad example.

God have mercy ......

2019/11/16 1:04Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Solomon101

Thank you Solomon, yeah, I'm guessing all the naysayers here, just changed overnight after accepting Christ into their lives. Why not give Kanye a rest, and start beating up on me, I accepted Christ into my life in 1995 and my house/body is still under construction. So go ahead, beat up on me, I don't mind at all, especially since unlike Kanye, I'm here to defend myself or agree with your judgement. What's really sad, is we have sinners judging sinners, we call them the sinners police, so you can start by arresting me, I'm a sinner. This thread reminds me of the impeachment proceedings going on, who's the lesser of the two evils.

I remember as a 7 year old kid back in 1958, our pastor saying "You Ain't Never Been Beat Up Until You've Been Beat Up By A Christian". Amen! and sadly, that still rings true today. :-)

2019/11/16 8:50Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I don't believe I have made any negative comments about Kanye. I am merely using my God given discernment.

Is it a sin to be cautious?

If this issue is causing division then I would ask Greg to take down this thread. The last thing I want to do is divide the body of Christ.

God bless you all.

2019/11/18 8:02Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The question is whether our discernment here does any good to him or anyone else out there.

I am tempted to use one of my brother’s favorite expressions: “the lowest expectations bring the greatest rewards.”

The only problem is that I don’t want to have low expectations when it comes to what God can do. It’s almost as if we doubt His ability to do a great work in Mr West.

2019/11/18 9:05Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

When you are discerning and “judging” between right and wrong, this is for your protection and wise decision-making, but it is also a call to intercession. It is not a call to faultfinding.

Discernment should not result in being suspicious of others. Yes, you can receive warnings in the spirit and judge who you should spend time with, but it should not result in your feeling suspicious of everyone you meet or finding something bad in every person.

It is not judging others, while refusing to judge yourself. We are called to examine ourselves (1 Corinthians 11:28), to keep from judging others (Matthew 7:1), and to walk in humility (Ephesians 4:2). Like any other ability given to us by God, it can be abused.

2019/11/18 10:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy