SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Strait Gate

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Strait Gate

Mat_7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

What part of "strait and narrow" don't folks understand? No turning to the right or to the left. STRAIT! Few there be who find it. Do you know why? Because they are looking at something other than "strait", and calling it "strait", when it is no such thing. Let me explain.

If I go into a wooded area, and I search for a "strait" limb on a tree. Finally I find the one that is more strait than all the others. So I cut the limb and take it with me. I show it to my friends, and they all agree that is a "strait".
Then I go to the craft store, and get a wooden dowel, a strait wooden rod, bout the same length as my strait limb. i bring in the limb, and the dowel, and show my friends. And ask them "which one is straight"? They will identify the dowel every time.
See, the limb was strait in appearance because there was no comparison. But when compared to something truly strait, it was easy to see that the limb, ever so strait, had some certain "deviations" to it.

And so it is with HIS body as compared to "the church" so called. HIS body is without spot or wrinkle. Not so the church. Folks say to day, that there is as much "sin" in the "church" as there is out of it. And that's obvious and true. But is it HIS BODY? Opinion is that it is indeed HIS BODY. But when we compare what is called "church" with the WORD of GOD, we begin to notice "deviations". At quick glance, the church may appear "holy". But compared to the WORD, it is anything but. NOT SO of HIS BODY.

Mat_7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

This is why there are "few", my brother, who find it. Many will surrender "some". But few, very few, will surrender all. Selah (pause an think about that).

2019/10/12 12:28Profile
EternalZeal

Missouri

Re: Strait Gate

I was meditating on this scripture in Matthew 7:13-14 a while back and the Lord revealed something wondrous [to me] in the words “strait” and “narrow”.

I am no scholar in the Greek and Hebrew but as I looked into the word “Strait”, I realized that its root definition was “Histemi”. Due to other studies I have done, this greek word struck me as I have seen it before. It is the same root word for the “cross”.

Additionally, as I looked, I noticed the root word for “narrow” is “Tribos”, which is where we get the english word “tribulation”.

It is no wonder why so few enter in, for there is nothing more avoided and despised than tribulation and the crisis that the cross presents to one’s life.

So, In reality, Jesus was saying that the cross is the gate and tribulation is the way, that leadeth to life...The Lord then put this short story on my heart to write. It is the only I have ever written...Blessings brother!

An innocent young man asked his father one day while reading Matthew 7:13-14 "Dad, how strait is the gate that leads to life?" His father replied, "Son, it is as strait as the foot of that tree lying on the ground over there." The son then asked, "Dad, where is the widest point of the narrow way?" The father lovingly replied, "Son, It is as wide as that point near the top of that tree." The son said "I don't understand". The father looked at his son and said "Only One can show you son." His son replied, "I would do anything to understand and know."

The father then watched his son run over to the stained tree and lie down so as to use himself to try and measure the straitness and narrowness. The son placed his feet at the foot of the tree, where there was already a hole. He stretched his arms at that point near the top of the tree, where there was also holes already made. The son then looked up for a quick moment and saw a man walking up to where he was. The son asked, "Dad, who is this man and what does he have in his hands?"

The dad, with tears in his eyes, answered his sons last question, "Son, He is the only One that can show you. In His hands, he holds His nails. These are to keep you! As in His hands, so in your hands, as in His feet, so in your feet! You will be lifted up with Him upon this tree and there you shall understand and know the truth of the strait gate and the narrow way. Galatians 2:20

2019/10/15 21:14Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Josiah,
I have also understood one to say, that the word witness, means martyr.
Right ???

————-
elizabeth

2019/10/15 21:33Profile
EternalZeal

Missouri

Re:

That is correct. The word witness is where we get the word Martyr.

2019/10/15 21:42Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: Excellent

Thank you very much. And it makes sense. I hope you don't mind me sharing this elsewhere? I posted it on other forums and I'd like to share your response. HAYAH (I AM) bless you real good today. Again, thank you.

LS

2019/10/17 6:41Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: Concordance

Sir may I ask which concordance you used to translate these two important words? Straight, and Narrow?

2019/10/17 6:55Profile
EternalZeal

Missouri

Re:

Strongs concordance.

2019/10/17 17:55Profile
EternalZeal

Missouri

Re:

As the Lord would so lead you brother, share it unto His glory among His people! Be blessed!

2019/10/17 19:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy