SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The world's fastest growing church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

The world's fastest growing church

I really don't have any comment on the prominence of women said to be leading it but it is good news in my opinion. Multitudes of Muslims are coming to Christ.

https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/worlds-fastest-growing-church-women-documentary-film

2019/9/27 16:04Profile

Re: The world's fastest growing church

I know that Iran and Israel had good relations for millennia, even up to the Shah's regime until he was forced to flee in exile in the late '70s.

It is only one article, so I can't say conclusively, but it sounds like the women are reaching the women with the Gospel.

I have heard a few reports of the underground church there across the years, as well as of cults (due to lack of proper teaching & discipleship). For instance, there was a John the Baptist cult in Iran where adherents felt they had to be repeatedly baptized in water & scoured until their skin was rubbed raw until they were "saved."

There are also many female pastors in the underground church of China, especially with so many male leaders being imprisoned.

Iran seemed like it was going to be part of the Arab spring a few years back, but any uprising there was quickly quelled (yes, I know that Persians are not Arabs).

The Muslims of Iran are predominantly Shiite, as opposed to the Sunni majority in Iraq and Saudi Arabia. These groups war with each other, besides outsiders.

2019/9/27 18:33
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It is only one article, so I can't say conclusively, but it sounds like the women are reaching the women with the Gospel.

I have heard a few reports of the underground church there across the years, as well as of cults (due to lack of proper teaching & discipleship). For instance, there was a John the Baptist cult in Iran where adherents felt they had to be repeatedly baptized in water & scoured until their skin was rubbed raw until they were "saved."

Brother,

on your excellent point about cults this is actually very true, there are several strong cults in Iran as well as China there are many large ones that have great success due to ignorance of basic doctrines such as the Trinity etc.

Towards women leaders this is part of their belief to allow this, it is partly pragmatic but it is endorsed and allowed. World-wide in many churches this is being allowed and we do have the question the biblical stance on this and if God would have different. We also see these underground churches as very reculose and fighting for survival, without proper apostolic oversight and leadership in severe persecution almost anything goes towards survival and trying to exist in such huge pressures. Praise God for every sister used to bring souls to Christ.

There definetly is a reason why Jesus did not choose women apostles.

2019/9/27 19:09Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Praise God for the Iranians coming to faith.

If those in the US could see the number of “churches” in rural India, SE Asia, and China that are composed primarily of women and youth, I think you would be shocked. It is the norm. If the church is meant to be a healthy “family”, then not only is lack of male leadership a problem, but the deficit of men altogether is a much bigger one. Discipleship happens man to man and woman to woman. Evangelism is much the same. In those cultures it is generally very inappropriate for a woman or youth to share the gospel with a man, especially older men. It’s a spiraling problem.

2019/9/28 2:49Profile
docs

Re:

I remember many years ago I heard a lady from Dr. Chou's 180,000 member church in Seoul, South Korea give a report on the church. It was the largest church in the world at the time and she said most of the home group leaders at the time were women. I remember wondering if it was just a cultural thing or whatever. I'm not bashing women and the role they have to play in the church but just reporting what I remember. I also remember thinking it seemed like the thing to do would be to try and have more men raised up. A practice can be a cultural thing but that may not make it a scriptural practice.

2019/9/28 5:28Profile

Re:

I haven't watched it yet, but the video is almost two hours in length:

https://youtu.be/9SAPOLKF59U

2019/9/28 12:00
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: The world's fastest growing church

I watched the whole thing.

We have many Iranians refugees in our churches in Germany. Many want to get baptized. We had to say, wait a moment, do you know what it means to follow Jesus. Part of them are genuine, with others I am not so sure. We hear many miraculous testimonies of escapes, healing, visions etc.

I picked up a number of Iranian refugees for church every Sunday. One after one they got baptized.

I often hear that persecution cures sin and lukewarmness. I doubt it. It helps many to draw nearer to Jesus in desparation, others fall away. Only the Spirit sanctifies, not persecution.

As for women leader, I think before there is none to do the work and people get lost, God will use women, like Deborahs who had to jump in times of male cowardice exemplified by a reluctant Barak.

In the movie they try to use this as a proof that women can lead the church. I find that quite sneaky. Women can do many things including evangelizing, just when it comes to teaching and leading, they should refrain, or at least look for some Baraks to push forward.

2019/9/28 13:48Profile

Re:

I agree.

2019/9/28 14:09

Re:

I finally sat down and watched about 24 minutes of it before pausing to write. It is extremely problematic doctrinally when the filmmaker says that our Lord Jesus sent out and empowered seventy unbelievers to reach other unbelievers, healing the sick and casting out devils, and somehow they were all *afterwards* saved.

WRONG.

One credo of the School of Christ International, founded by B. H. Clendennen, is that "we have to BE before we can DO."

It was about 24 minutes in before the director starting showing his tattoo sleeve as well.

By the way, visually this is extremely stylish and expertly made. First rate on an artistic level. Of course, Nazi Germany had fabulous design in its tanks, aircraft, automobiles, uniforms, etc. in WWII, so quality certainly does not necessitate righteousness.

I'll watch more before commenting further.

2019/10/15 19:30
docs

Re:

Blessings to you good bro but is a Nazi reference necessary in a story about many Muslims coming to Christ?

2019/10/15 20:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy