SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : peculiar trials????

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jbplayer45

peculiar trials????

My name is jacob and i have been following Christ for nearly 4 years.

i struggle with very peculiar trials. For instance, severe anxiety that can fluctuate from time to time. the weird thing is that it spikes when topics of salvation and hell come up. also when jesus name is said.

Now this is not always the case, there are moments when i also experience great amounts of joy over those same topics as well, so im just really torn. Im not exactly sure what is going on in my soul/spirit.

i affirm the faith, i believe in Christ, but this has been tearing me up it can be really discouraging.

Has anyone been through anything similar to this??? Please let me know

2019/6/23 15:45Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: peculiar trials????

I just wondered if you have discerned if you are either feeling close to Christ or that things are going well at the times when you don't get affected by anxiety ?

2019/6/23 16:07Profile
jbplayer45

Re:

yes i have its just that its so intense and weird when it happens, its just really discouraging.
but yes its the only reason im still pressing on. thankyou sometimes you need someone to come along and state the obvious lol its easy to lose track of the progress and focus on the failures.

2019/6/23 16:12Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

I feel that the wilderness experiences are for a reason. I read in a book once that it happens so we can be tempted and our spiritual condition is exposed to us. That can be a fearful time. But the Lord has our best interests at heart.

So that we can deny our temptations and take up our cross to follow him.

2019/6/23 16:32Profile
jbplayer45

Re:

thankyou for the encouragement, God bless you:)

2019/6/24 20:26Profile
Sara76

Northern California

Re: peculiar trials????

Hi Jacob, I have been seriously pressing in to my walk now for the last couple of years. It scared me so much because the first time I fasted I felt the presence of demonic activity more than ever before. Recently, I have been trying to read my Word and press into the secret place in prayer more than ever and I have been plagued with anxiety and nightmares and even sleep paralysis that went away as soon as I called on the name of Jesus. It has been frightening and causing me to question my salvation. I just wanted to encourage you that you are not the only one. I think that the more we try to press in the more the enemy tries to discourage us so that we will give up or believe we are lost. I have been trying to just continue to press in regardless. Submit to the Lord, resist the devil and he will flee. James 4:7

I am new on here and I don't ever want to give anyone the wrong advice or misrepresent the Lord in any way. But I understand how you are struggling and I will keep you in my prayers.

2019/9/11 22:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy