SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : You are not a number to God by Roy Daniel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 You are not a number to God by Roy Daniel

Let me tell you something wonderful. You are not a number to God! Over centuries in many countries kings hardly ever spoke to commoners. In some countries citizens would be killed for merely approaching a king too near or touching them. How precious that the greatest of all kings who made heaven and earth is not like that. Jesus had time for poor children (Math 19:14). Jesus allowed a fisherman to lean on his chest (John 13:23). Jesus had time to leave the crowds for blind beggars (Luke 18:35 – 43) even though people told them to be quiet. He even had time while hanging on a cross to help a dying thief (Luke 23:42-47). He took the hands of a king to wash the feet of fishermen among others (John 13:1-17). He had time for demon possessed people and a man who was short, a thief and unpopular, who was sitting up in a tree (Luke 19:1-10). He knew the little man by name. He knows you by name too.

In the time of Paul it was amazing to be a citizen of Rome. Almost like being an American has privileges the last 50 years or so.

Act 22:27 Then the chief captain came, and said unto him, Tell me, art thou a Roman? He said, Yea.

28 And the chief captain answered, With a great sum obtained I this freedom. And Paul said, But I was free born.

However, how glorious that we are citizens of heaven and that we as poor or rich, sick, blind, lame or dumb have direct access at any time and any where to the throne of God Almighty's awesome presence. May we use this truth to spend much time at the feet of Jesus who loved us and gave Himself for us.

Phil 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

(Note - pol-it'-yoo-mah or conversation means community or citizenship)

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

2019/5/21 9:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy