SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Problems with the "Literal" Adam

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
vbc66

Abilene

Problems with the "Literal" Adam

Hello everyone, this is my first post here so I apologize if this is in the wrong section or if my post goes against the standard protocol here.
Yesterday, during one of my live broadcast on our church app. I spoke about an article that challenged the historic Christian understanding that Adam was a real and literal person. The article claimed Adam was merely a symbol. Let me quote from the article: “I suggested that the Adam story could be viewed symbolically as a story of Israel’s beginnings, not as the story of humanity from ground zero.”. I understand this kind of attack has been around forever, but this article was put out by a ministry that claims to hold to the historic Christian faith and the inspiration of the Bible. I obviously reject their teaching but thought people should be aware of it, that is why I addressed it on my Broadcast. I posted the entire article on our church app. I will not post it here since I don’t want to violate any rule. However, I will provide a link so people can read their attempt to prove their teaching. https://biologos.org/articles/pauls-adam/

Trevor

2019/5/11 9:46Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re: Problems with the "Literal" Adam

You should get involved with the Youtube channel of Kent Hovind and you will get some amazing facts about scientific data. And the creation of the earth

2019/5/11 13:03Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Welcome to Sermonindex Trevor!

You're right, these attacks against the plain teaching of scripture have been around for many years. If an article says something like "Well, the Bible seems to teach this, but modern science contradicts this teaching" you can safely put said article in the trash can where it belongs. No man needs a "guru" to teach them what the Bible says. The average person, if he has the Holy Spirit, can pick up the Bible, read it, and understand it. No man, if he had never heard evolution theory, would read Genesis and think Adam was not a literal person, and that the universe is billions of years old. It simply doesn't teach that.

Evolution theory actually has its roots in pagan religions such as Hinduism. If you like, here is a link to an excellent video by Dr. Paul James-Griffiths explaining this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqFChgeSJGA

2019/5/11 13:09Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

There are many Dangers of Biologos
https://answersingenesis.org/theistic-evolution/the-danger-of-biologos/

Is It Necessary to Believe in a Literal Adam and a Literal Fall?
https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2013/08/09/is-it-necessary-to-believe-in-a-literal-adam-and-a-literal-fall/

There are so many problems believing in a evolutionary beginning as there is no gospel as there is no fall. If there is no literal Adam. There is no reason for being saved from our sin.

Once you destroy there are so many things that are destroyed such as marriage, original sin and the gospel itself.

Psalm 11:3 King James Version (KJV)

3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

2019/5/11 14:17Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

I read the Paul Enns article in my estimation you did right to call it error. This same tactic has been used for many millenia, namely " hath God said" questions. Sounding very professorial he invites you to swim in a sewer treatment plant all the while claiming how pure it all is.

His liberal theological stance killed the institutional churches years ago, now in the form of re-thinking Paul's Adam its starts again with college students awed by academic approvals listening to the idiocy of unbelief. Its all very well packaged and marketed as " real knowledge"

The article was a series of rationalizations directed at swaying the Christian from trusting God to teach him. This puppet insinuates you need men like him to guide you into all truth. Paul the apostle was a stupid man he was ancient, old thinking and not savvy to the scientific discoveries of our day. With this little assertion he is saying Paul can't be your bible guide men like himself have arisen to fill your need. I cannot stomach these professors of falsehood, I would discourage every one from listening to liberal theological sewage.

2019/5/11 17:19Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

I'll make it very clear biologos considers the current scientific research as equal to mount Everest, But the scriptures cannot be trusted by the simple reading of them. It is this devilish premise that undergirds all their claims.

2019/5/11 17:38Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I believe in is literal Adam but one still has to recognize the problems raised in the article- the archaeological ones- because they are indeed problems if the earth is believed to be only 6000 years old.

For example, where does Gobekli Tepe fit into the biblical timeline? It is far more ancient than 6000 years yet it had to have been built after the flood or it would have been destroyed.

2019/5/12 8:43Profile
Sree

Re:

I have heard the arguments on both the sides. I am personally undecided. But I have observed that those who believe in literal interpretation of the Bible are dangerous because they mostly call others heretic just because they disagree with them. I do not believe Bible is saying that earth was 6000 years old. It is just interpretation of men.

Instead of focusing on things that are unclear, why don't we focus on clear things like 'Sin will not be master over you' and 'Anyone who claims to abide in Christ must walk like him'. These things are so plain yet not ture in most of the serious believers. But very few seem to care about this!

2019/5/12 10:23Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Couldn’t agree more Sree. Amen.

2019/5/12 11:49Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Fine I'll be the worst offender, because their main premise is no one understands the bible without modern science. Thae ancients were stupid men incapable of knowing God's meaning in his word. That premise which they cleverly hide is why we suffer their attacks on scriptures.

Who says we have older civilizations? The guys who say the bible cannot be understood without their help. This is just repackaged popery in humanist terms.

There is more to contend with than your own sin conscienceness

2019/5/12 20:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy