SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Empty pockets to glory

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
readyornot

Re:

Excellent Daniel, I so believe the enemy comes with the cares of this world deceitfulness of riches, lust for other things and be become unfruitful Christian. May we seek those things that are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. And set our affection on the things above, not on things on the earth. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. It is fellowship with and love for Christ as a person that must always be kept central our goals and pursuits should centre in Christ Jesus Colossians 3
Mark 4

2019/5/2 14:04Profile
readyornot

Re:

Excellent Daniel, I so believe the enemy comes with the cares of this world deceitfulness of riches, lust for other things and be become unfruitful Christian. May we seek those things that are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. And set our affection on the things above, not on things on the earth. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. It is fellowship with and love for Christ as a person that must always be kept central our goals and pursuits should centre in Christ Jesus Colossians 3
Mark 4

2019/5/2 14:12Profile
passerby

Re:

Luke 21:1-4

As Jesus looked up, he saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. 2 He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. 3 “Truly I tell you,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4 All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

Ruth the Moabite great grandmother of King David was another biblical example of 'dying to self'

Ruth 1:16-17

...for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:
17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.

These immortal statements were expressions of deep loyalty and total abandonment of oneself, present and future regardless of looming hardship and seemingly hopeless prospect.

And then the life of Apostle Paul, 2 Corinthians 11:25-27:

Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

2019/5/2 14:20Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

Ephesians 3:14-19 teaches that we must pray that the Holy Spirit would strengthen us ( by spiritual wisdom and revelation of Christ ) in the inner man so that Christ can dwell more fully in our heart by faith and thereby we know His love and thereby we are filled with God.

Jesus said when we obey Him, then He and the Father will love us, sup with us and Jesus will reveal Himself further to us. John 14:21.

Jesus said that if His word abides in us and we abide in His word ( listen and obey ) then we will have His joy and bear much fruit ( fullness of the Spirit).

John said if we walk in the light ( practice righteousness and love ) then we will have fellowship with the Father, Son and the brethern.

Jesus said that those who have been forgiven much, love much so He was inviting all to realize how much they had personally been forgiven so that our devotion and love for Jesus would be extravagant and sacrificial. ( woman with the alabaster jar, Luke 7 )

Jesus said if we pray for the fullness of the Spirit so that we could seek and do the Father's will and bring His Kingdom on earth that the Father would certainly do this for His children. (Luke 11)

Jesus said that we should practice and love mercy and justice and we could humbly walk with and commune with our Lord. ( Micah 6 and Luke 18 )

Paul said that he suffered the loss of all things and considered them dung for the sake of knowing His Lord, His power and the fellowship of His sufferings. Philippians 3

Scripture teaches me that practically, fellowship with Jesus and walking in communion with Jesus involves knowing Him through the means of prayer for revelation and understanding of Christ, sacrifice of life in this world, experiencing the wonder of Christ's love and the Gospel of atonement for personal sin, and through an abiding daily walk of sacrifice and even suffering for His and others' sake whereby our intimacy with Jesus grows in and through that very glad hearted obedience, sacrifice and suffering for Him and His Kingdom. Union with Jesus was obtained on His cross. Full communion with Jesus is enjoyed on our knees and on our daily cross.

2019/5/2 16:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy