SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Be holy, because I am holy – 1 Pet. 1:16

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
cup

Christ had 100% human flesh and 100% human blood

Jesus Christ was tempted just as we are but He did not sin. His human blood and human body did not make him sin nor did it make Him holy.

2019/4/18 6:00Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Christ had 100% human flesh and 100% human blood

Vern;

Hebrews 10:29 (KJV) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

"unholy thing" meaning the blood of the covenant was Holy which sanctified The Son of God.

In Christ: Phillip

2019/4/18 9:16Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Phillip:

You said "Then what kills the flesh? With the life of the flesh is blood. If the blood quits flowing you are dead."

not to put to fine a point on it...It's when the heart stops pumping the blood stops flowing.

The answer is simple...about a 1000 different things can kill the flesh. But really, the correlation you are making is no where to be found.

As I said you are attaching a metaphysical quality to blood that simply does not exist either in scripture or the physical world.

Epigenetics is a grasping for answers within a scientific context in order to satisfy a theological dilemma. The same is done with Carbon 14 in order to validate old-earth theories.
In the end, only that certain group who have the scientific 'in-the-know' can interpret the scripture and the rest of us numb-skulls must flounder with just the Holy Spirit and the scriptures themselves.

The scriptures do NOT TEACH the earth is flat or the earth is 14 billion years old, or that man has evolved or that epigenetics replaces 'original sin'.
lastly the scriptures do NOT TEACH blood has metaphysical qualities such as a 'state' of sinlessness or sinfulness.

This 'state' is actually a judgment of God denoted by scripture revelation. I am 'sinful' because I have violated God's law, that state of sinfulness is not now an implanted metaphysical state of my blood.

2019/4/18 10:01Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Phillip...

no brother you've got it backwards...

Matthew 23:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor

Jesus the man is what makes his blood holy, in the sense he himself is entirely holy.

You on the other hand are saying because he has a 'sinless blood' Jesus is holy.

This reversal is exactly what Jesus correcting in the Pharisees, to them gold was more important than the temple.
You Phillip are making his blood more important than the man himself.

I encourage you to rethink this whole thing and stop defending the indefensible.
Plus surrounding a one-line answer with numerous scripture texts doesn't prove your point, it in fact reveals you do not understand what your saying or grasping the scripture that you're quoting to us.

Thankfully the actual 'cross' of Jesus is no longer to be had; otherwise folks like yourself would attach all kinds of metaphysical properties to it and in fact love the piece of wood rather than the one who was raised up by it.

2019/4/18 10:10Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

I forgot the exact Latin,

Hocus corpus Maeum?

This wine and this wafer are now the actual blood and body of Jesus Christ...Transubstantiation.

Epigenetics handled in the way Phillip is handling it is just another transubstantiation in my mind.

2019/4/18 10:14Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Phillip,

The blood, in itself, has no sanctifying value.

It is precious because it was SHED/POURED OUT at the cross and brought in the New Covenant by which we can be made holy.

Luke 22:20 - This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood."

2019/4/18 10:41Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hi Marvin

Quit telling me how wrong I am and give me a truth of how important the thousands of animals died and their blood put on the mercy seat. Why Adams sin causes all to die. If the heart stops the blood does not flow and I am dead, right?

The blood of Christ put upon the mercy seat in heaven, the true mercy seat not just a picture on earth of what it is.
Why Jesus applied His own blood to the real mercy seat and only need be once and its power lasts for eternity. One covers sin yearly, the other takes it away for all eternity to those that believe and are saved.

You seem to believe that your opinion of me is correct. How does that work.

I am not using scripture to verify what I am writing of or thinking. I am trying to listen to the Holy Spirit and get my thinking to coincide with Gods truth, sometimes I don't hear very well. I am sure you are much smarted than me, I try to listen to those people when I am getting new education or information from sources outside of my little world to help prove or un-prove the source. But its hard to dodge the bullets at the same time. Put me in an airplane and I can dodge the bullets very well.

In Christ: Phillip

2019/4/18 11:12Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Phillip, Brother, I have no low opinion of you, I personally think you are dabbling in some goofy stuff that's all. I think you are making correlations to spiritual/physical things that are just not warranted.
So, I am giving you what I believe scripture to teach.

Jesus blood on the mercy seat...amen and amen to that!
As I said it is Jesus perfect heart toward God, undefiled, always in his will and perfectly submissive to God's voice and law. This perfection in God's judgment makes Christ's blood worthy to put upon that mercy seat. But Christ's blood has no intrinsic perfection, it's God's judgment of Christ's life that determines the efficacy of Christ's blood.

2019/4/18 11:31Profile
cup

You teaching comes from the antichrist

You are the one who is teaching that Christ did not come to earth in real human flesh and did not have real human blood. This teaching is from the Sprint of the antichrist.

You are discrediting yourself.

2019/4/18 16:21Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: You teaching comes from the antichrist

I really have to agree with Vern.

Jesus was the The God-man, not the God- God.

Phillip I fear you have been listening to or reading teachers with strange ideas about blood.

When we say that we are cleansed by the blood of Jesus, what we really mean is that his sacrificial death on the cross paved the way for us.

The “blood of Jesus” is a stylized way of saying the death of Jesus on the cross. Obviously he bled profusely being flogged and crucified.

2019/4/18 19:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy