SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does all praise and worship music in church glorify God or does it glorify men

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Does all praise and worship music in church glorify God or does it glorify men

Micah 6
1 Hear ye now what the LORD saith; Arise, contend thou before the mountains, and let the hills hear thy voice. note

2 Hear ye, O mountains, the LORD'S controversy, and ye strong foundations of the earth: for the LORD hath a controversy with his people, and he will plead with Israel.

3 O my people, what have I done unto thee? and wherein have I wearied thee? testify against me.

4 For I brought thee up out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of servants; and I sent before thee Moses, Aaron, and Miriam.

5 O my people, remember now what Balak king of Moab consulted, and what Balaam the son of Beor answered him from Shittim unto Gilgal; that ye may know the righteousness of the LORD.

6 Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old? note

7 Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? note

8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Does all worship music in church actually glorify men or does it glorify God .
People can praise and worship all they like but unless they are worshipping the god of the Bible and the Jesus of the scriptures it is blatent idolatry

Worship should be from the heart and singing words that we do not do and have no relevance to us.

Great theology is good but if it is not personal .

My problem is that you have heresy being spread through worship music such as through bethel or elevation church and that does not glorify God , it glorifys them but does not glorify God as most of the worship music is so self centred .

Where men get the glory god does not .

I could also say that about many of the sermons are the sermons about the preacher or are they about Jesus or even the Bible

As the Bible is the most unread book in our churches it may be the bestselling book but it is just like Stephen hawkings book people buy the book because they want to be seen as popular but have no familiarity with it

2019/3/22 8:24Profile
ZodiacGorill

Re: Does all praise and worship music in church glorify God or does it glorify men

modern praise and worship is christian karoke hour and has homosexual influence.

2019/6/5 21:59Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I have been so annoyed with the modern worship music as I used to work in the Christian bookshop and with Hillsong bringing new age and evolutionary theology to songs and bethel and things like elevation worship
I love praise and worship music but the influx of the new age has been monumental to worship songs
As worship song do bring theology , the ironic thing is that some of these songs are not theologically bad

The thing is most churches are not rated on there sermon but on there worship

I have been to worship places where the worship leader is taught how to manipulate the audience through worship

2019/6/7 7:03Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I only know one Elevation worship song (we sing it in my pretty conservative Baptist Church- lyrics below) so can you provide an example of heresy and new age influence in their songs? I am curious. It is helpful when you make such statements that you could at least name the song or provide the lyrics so we can see for ourselves.

————-
Unstoppable God

Heaven thundered
And the world was born
Life begins and ends in the dust You formed
Faith commanded
And the mountains moved
Fear is losing ground, to our hope in You
Unstoppable God
Let Your glory go on and on
Impossible things
In Your name, they shall be done
Freedom conquered
All our chains undone
Sin defeated, Jesus has overcome
Mercy triumphed
When the third day dawned
Darkness was denied, when the stone was gone
Oh, unstoppable God
Impossible things
Unstoppable God
Impossible things
Nothing shall be impossible
Your kingdom reigns unstoppable
We'll shout Your praise forevermore
Jesus our God unstoppable
Jesus our God unstoppable (c'mon)
Ohh, ohh-ohh, ohh
Unstoppable God
Impossible things
In Your name, they shall be done (let's go)
Unstoppable God
Impossible things

2019/6/7 7:15Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Well, add the word 'all' to the question and it automatically requires a NO answer; some might say the question poisons the response.

Add the name of the band in a critical way and you have a classical ad-hom argument against the song.

other than illogical its just plain unfair to the bands.

This is not about logic or whether one band is putting out good or bad songs its about being reasonable and fair in the question...otherwise the broad-brushing of the songs or bands displays more of a personal bias than a question of orthodoxy.

2019/6/7 16:31Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

If you want examples i can give you examples

VERSE 1
God of creation
There at the start
Before the beginning of time
With no point of reference
You spoke to the dark
And fleshed out the wonder of light

CHORUS 1
And as You speak
A hundred billion galaxies are born
In the vapour of Your breath the planets form
If the stars were made to worship so will I
I can see Your heart in everything You’ve made
Every burning star
A signal fire of grace
If creation sings Your praises so will I

VERSE 2
God of Your promise
You don’t speak in vain
No syllable empty or void
For once You have spoken
All nature and science
Follow the sound of Your voice

CHORUS 2
And as You speak
A hundred billion creatures catch Your breath
Evolving in pursuit of what You said
If it all reveals Your nature so will I
I can see Your heart in everything You say
Every painted sky
A canvas of Your grace
If creation still obeys You so will I

This song and I can give you lots of others

Why we live in an age where these bands make multi millions of dollars

2019/6/7 17:08Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Dom: are you stumbling on "evolving in pursuit"?

Best thing is to inquire into the authors intent of that verse...otherwise the whole song is full of poetic license

fleshed out light?
stars worship?
seeing God's heart?
creation singing?
nature and science follow?
creation obeying?

Dom, poetic license is not heresy.

2019/6/7 17:28Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I agree evolving would be problematic if the author meant evolution of species. The rest sounds like Psalms or parts of Job to me.

Dom- What band sings this song?

2019/6/7 17:39Profile
savannah

Re: Does all praise and worship music in church glorify God or does it glorify men

Q. Does all praise and worship music in church glorify God or does it glorify men

A. My opinionated answer is that not all, but most, praise and worship music in church glorifies men not God.

Some may find the following, of some help;

"What is Worship?" -

https://youtu.be/EJbhZF9e7lY

2019/6/7 23:19Profile
Jeremy221

Re:

That is sung by Hillsong. It’s called “So Will I (100 Billion x)”. I’ve seen the video on YouTube serval times and it sounds good at first. But it seemed off as though the writer has not actually begun worshipping or obeying God. It is a song of responding to peer pressure from your literal environment and having the desire to obey God but not having begun. In that way it’s similar to “The Heart of Worship” where those singing never actually return to worshipping in Spirit and Truth because they are perpetually returning.

It is telling the worship leaders often add at the conclusion of the song that the congregation should NOW worship which means the singing of the song itself was not worship. This is vitally important because it means they were singing for their own cathartic satisfaction.

If you want to see another clear example of this mixed up thinking examine the song New Wine, also by Hillsong. It’s another one that sounds good on the surface.

Link: So Will I (100 Billion x): https://youtu.be/GfVd5x9W1Xc
New Wine: https://youtu.be/1ozGKlOzEVc

2019/6/8 8:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy