SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Wedding Wine for a dry church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
leyoung

Wedding Wine for a dry church

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
When I woke up this morning, the Lord directed me to SermonIndex to the audio section. I scrolled down and came upon the title 'Wedding Wine' by Carter Conlon.

As the Holy Spirit does when you seek Him, this message was what I needed to hear and act upon And I believe it is what many of us need to hear and ACT upon.

I have been a dry tree, sitting in church wondering what ever happened to the LIFE that once poured into the church in days gone by. I've been giving into temptations that I thought would not be possible for me because Jesus saved me out of those sinful ways so many years ago. The old song by Keith Green comes to mind:

My eyes are dry,
my faith is old,
my heart is hard,
my prayers are cold
And I know how I ought to be
Alive to You
And dead to me

O what can be done
for an old heart like mine?
Soften it up
With oil and wine
The oil is You
Your Spirit of love
Please soften it up
In the Wine of your blood.

The tears have not yet come but this message stirred an ember in my old, cold heart that belongs to Jesus.

Nicky Cruz is now 80 years old. His conversion inspired many in my generation (The Cross and the Switchblade) He prays a powerful needed prayer for this generation. I stood and yearned for God to move once again in my life and in the lives of my brothers and sisters in this state and in this nation and all nations.

Stand up and pray and have faith that God will do it. You don't have to feel anything just pray in faith knowing that God will accomplish that which He began in you (us) so long ago.

Here is the message, Wedding Wine:

http://followthelamb.net/28/SID28888.mp3

2019/3/20 8:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy