SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Russian Patriarch Warns ‘Antichrist’ Will Control Humans Through Gadgets

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

No I mean the signs preceding His second advent.

2019/3/11 18:51Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The voice of the archangel and a trumpet blast.

Beyond that I have no idea. “...the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.” Matthew 24:44

If someone could map out all the signs this verse would not be true.

2019/3/11 21:20Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows." Matthew 24:3-8

2019/3/11 22:19Profile
docs

Re: Still a bit confused

If Christ came again in judgment in 70 AD then what of a promised resurrection at His coming? Was it spiritual in nature?

Where are the scriptures saying He will come again in judgment and then come again bodily accompanied by a physical resurrection. I was taught His coming again was to be accompanied by the resurrection. What type of resurrection occured in 70 AD?

2019/3/11 22:27Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Christ did come in judgment in 70 AD. There is no legitimate argument against this or that about 95% of the OD related to this event.

I certainly do not believe that was his second coming but I do believe that the signs described in the OD relate to the destruction of Jerusalem. Jesus also confirmed this in his hearing before the Jewish leaders before being turned over to Pilate:

“But Jesus remained silent. And the high priest said to him, “I adjure you by the living God, tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God.” Jesus said to him, “You have said so. But I tell you, from now on you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.” Matthew 26:63-64

Coming on clouds is a motif of judgment in the OT. The language in the OD is apocalyptic as are the many prophecies of judgment in the OT.

2019/3/12 7:13Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Notice His disciples asked when the end of the world would be. The world didn't end in 70 A.D.

Jesus literally ascended in the clouds, and He will just as literally descend in the clouds.

2019/3/12 12:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Jesus left the temple and was going away, when his disciples came to point out to him the buildings of the temple. But he answered them, “You see all these, do you not? Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.” As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
Matthew 24:1-3

And as he came out of the temple, one of his disciples said to him, “Look, Teacher, what wonderful stones and what wonderful buildings!” And Jesus said to him, “Do you see these great buildings? There will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.” And as he sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign when all these things are about to be accomplished?”
Mark 13:1-4

And while some were speaking of the temple, how it was adorned with noble stones and offerings, he said, 6 “As for these things that you see, the days will come when there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.” And they asked him, “Teacher, when will these things be, and what will be the sign when these things are about to take place?”
Luke 21:5-7

2019/3/12 12:59Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

Had that happened by 70 A.D.?

2019/3/12 13:32Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Yes. Paul has preached to all parts of the known Roman world. Jesus was not talking about the entire globe. The other apostles were not idle, either.

But Saul was ravaging the church, and entering house after house, he dragged off men and women and committed them to prison. Now those who were scattered went about preaching the word. Philip went down to the city of Samaria and proclaimed to them the Christ.
Acts 8:3-5

2019/3/12 14:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

“This Gospel shall he preached in all the world - Not universally: this is not done yet: but in general through the several parts of the world, and not only in Judea And this was done by St. Paul and the other apostles, before Jerusalem was destroyed. And then shall the end come - Of the city and temple. Josephus's History of the Jewish War is the best commentary onthis chapter. it is a wonderful instance of God's providence, that he, an eye witness, and one who lived and died a Jew, should, especially in so extraordinary a manner, be preserved, to transmit to us a collection of important facts, which so exactly illustrate this glorious prophecy, in almost every circumstance.”

Commentary of John Wesley. Matthew Henry and Gill day the same.

2019/3/12 14:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy