SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Gay Marriage Rejected by United Methodists

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Gay Marriage Rejected by United Methodists

United Methodist delegates reject recognizing gay marriage, threatening split in church:

Conservative Christians Just Retook the United Methodist Church

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/583693/

2019/2/27 12:34Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: Gay Marriage Rejected by United Methodists

That is excellent news Praise the Lord

2019/2/27 13:49Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Amen Marvin!
It is excellent news, and my understanding is that they have even got more strict on the prohibition of gay marriage within the Methodist Church. Maybe this will clear out those that don’t believe the clear teaching of the Word of God on this issue!

2019/2/27 18:57Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

God is faithful !
Prayer works 🙏🏻

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

I believe this applies to the church as well... and while it’s doubtful this is the last we will hear of this, we are being presented with an opportunity to minister the goodness of God in hopes of repentance:)
Personally I’ve noticed a remarkable uptick in the degree of deception and the slothfulness within the body of Christ. Many of our brethren are being informed by the cultural/societal norms (humanism) rather than hearing from the Lord Himself and in that context their conclusions seem perfectly reasonable- however we must remember that our life is hidden in Him and any hope of glorifying Him must be born of the Spirit and not of our flesh.

2019/3/1 9:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy