Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Good tree vs Bad tree

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Brother Jeff

That was very edifying and definitely the God we know:))

Played it while my wife and I were driving back to work after lunch,... she smiled and said, “that’s good, that’s the God I know” .

I then shared your insights regarding the behind the scenes work of the Spirit to produce such a testimony,... (like it was with me) she raised an eyebrow and began to consider it. Honestly it seems I’ve taken that aspect for granted till now but has def sparked my curiosity- so I do thank you for sharing both the video and insights :)

Incidentally, the scripture you have in your profile is in my top 3 all time verses. I can still remember everything about the first time I read it while studying the Bible,... where I was, the weather, time of day, the particular Bible I was reading from, and most importantly the impact it had on me.
I thought, “how crazy is it that a virtual homeless eccentric could write those words 3000 yrs ago and yet they resonate in me a place yet before untouched ?” Interestingly the older I get the more valuable it becomes:)

2019/3/5 23:31Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Fletcher wrote:

"I can still remember everything about the first time I read it while studying the Bible,... where I was, the weather, time of day, the particular Bible I was reading from, and most importantly the impact it had on me."

When I first accepted Christ and began to read the Scriptures when I was 40, I started out listening to sermons and reading what other taught about them. I was always taught that I should start out in a determined way to start memorizing Scripture. It never worked for me.

Yet, just like you said above, I began to have similar experiences as I read and reread Scripture in an effort to truly understand what the Prophet or Apostle was writing about. After 6 or 7 years of feeding on the Word this way, my pastor said to me at that time, "I wish I could memorize Scripture like you."

From chewing on sections of Scripture for an extended period of time, I now know the Scripture where I had been feeding. And it is all because the Holy Spirit kept on giving me the desire to feed on the Word of God.

2019/3/7 14:39Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

“From chewing on sections of Scripture for an extended period of time, I now know the Scripture where I had been feeding. And it is all because the Holy Spirit kept on giving me the desire to feed on the Word of God.”

Ha! Yes and Amen!
This very much describes my experience as well :)

While reading your words a couple of scriptures came to mind; “ the word became flesh and dwelt among men” and “He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him” and “ This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.”

As the old saying goes,... “you are what you eat”

And one more, “It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.”

So His word is our food,... if we consume it we are transformed by it and thereby naturally produce fruit -
Whereas if we consume the things of this world in an effort to satisfy the desires of our flesh, we are conformed into its likeness and the works naturally follow-

2019/3/7 21:46Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

[2Th 2:9-10 NKJV] 9 The coming of the [lawless one] is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Fletcher...

What we have discovered is that the Lord has given us the "love of the truth,".

As our love of the truth grows, the desire to be accurate in discerning the word in proper context also grows. Otherwise deception can darken our path.

2019/3/8 12:56Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Well said and very interesting as this is another passage of scripture that remains fresh in mind from the first time I read it, and is one I’ve quoted more than I can count -
So what or who is the truth for which this love is given?
Jesus saith unto him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

And where do we get it?
“because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost”

How do we receive it?
“By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand”

He truly is the beginning and end, the author and finisher of our faith:)

2019/3/8 14:23Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

[Luk 8:11-15 NKJV] 11 "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 "Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13 "But the ones on the rock [are those] who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. 14 "Now the ones [that] fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. 15 "But the ones [that] fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep [it] and bear fruit with patience.

As a new believer, I was sitting in church listening to the pastor teach from the section of Scripture above. LIke many new believers, I was on fire for the Lord. While listening to the sermon, I began to experience something I had never witnessed before. My mind was clear of all other thoughts. Time seemed to slow down, and every word spoken, was some how being imprinted on my mind with clarity, There was no effort on my part to pay attention to what was being said. The words were just flowing into my empty mind free of any other distraction.

And these same words today 23 years later, still are part of my life defining where I am at in my walk with the Lord.

2019/3/9 9:03Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

This is the substance of the good tree.

[Act 2:16-21 NKJV] 16 "But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 17 'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams. 18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy. 19 I will show wonders in heaven above And signs in the earth beneath: Blood and fire and vapor of smoke. 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD. 21 And it shall come to pass [That] whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.'

This is how the Lord speaks.

2019/3/10 10:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy