SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Good tree vs Bad tree

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

In Matthew 7 , Jesus continues to preach to those He was sent to save. He is the Prophet spoken of by Moses, and confirmed by Peter in Acts 3:22-23. Jesus teaches His brethren to call out to His Father in heaven. Taste the goodness of the Father, see how much more satisfying is a relationship with the Heavenly Father than with one’s earthly father. The promise of supernatural grace is available to all who call on His name.

Jesus being the true Prophet then warns of the false prophet. The false prophet is not given the power of the Father. The false prophet speaks from the position of Satan and this fallen world. The false prophet can only lay heavy burdens on the brethen. Everyone who listens to the false prophet will only know suffering according to the power of his or her own flesh. There is no way for man to know and experience the power of God by living under the Law of Condemnation. This is the tree that produces only bad fruit.

So by their fruits you will know them. The fruit is either created by the Holy Spirit or by the flesh. In the church today, do you see the power of God changing lives or do you see strife and struggle. Is the pastor preaching Jesus and His power or is he preaching the law?

Only those who live according to the Spirit can put the deeds of the flesh to death. Only the Spirit whom Jesus directs knows how to remove the burdens of the flesh.

2019/2/28 22:20Profile
Sree

Re:

I am not trying to say that the interpretation of the scripture is the only one. It is one of the interpretation. The beauty of God's word is, it is like a treasure, the deeper we dig the more we get. The one who digs little gets little!

Generally I stay away from anyone ignoring a word saying it is applicable only for false prophet created by Satan and not applicable to believers. Like I said if we really have a biblical view of Church in which all members can prophesy then anyone can become a false prophet. Sadly most here have only manmade traditional Church view in which only one pastor runs the show! He is either a good prophet or not!
If we read God's word with a self judging attitude, we dig deeper.

2019/3/1 13:16Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Good tree vs Bad tree

Brother Sree,

Scripture teaches that Jesus is the source of all that is good.

[1Co 1:30 NKJV] 30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God--and righteousness and sanctification and redemption--

When Jesus said : “A good tree cannot produce bad fruit,” He is pointing to the “wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—“. This refers to the grace that God extends to mankind through Jesus by the work of the Holy Spirit. Jesus was the only One who lived a perfect life. So if you wanted to take the liberty of adding your own interpretation of this section of Scripture; Jesus could only be the good tree and all men the bad tree.

Jesus said in another place:

[Jhn 15:5 NKJV] 5 "I am the vine, you [are] the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

“For without Me you can do nothing” establishes that all men can not produce good fruit.

A false prophet on the other hand, is a false prophet because he has not been given “the wisdom of God” . He speaks from his own flesh at best and may indeed be doing the work of his father Satan.

Jesus, in Matthew 7, establishes the “choice” given to all men. He warns us that there are men who will plant deceptive paths which lead men astray.
He encourages us to evaluate the fruit. All good fruit flows from the Holy Spirit, all bad fruit flows from the vain philosophies of this world.

The purpose of the section of Scripture is warn us of deception.

2019/3/2 11:41Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

The purpose of the section of Scripture is warn us of deception

The greatest deception is self deception, in which we ignore that we ourself can be a false prophet. Anyone who says that a particular warning is not applicable to disciples but only to certain people, is already making the way broad and planting evil seeds.

Jesus is very clear, anyone who gets carried away with gifts and does not focus on his fruits will become a false prophet. We have witnessed so many believers who started well, preaching the whole Gospel but ending up as men pleasers.

Jesus continues the same warning by saying such people who prophesied in His name, did miracles in his name but produced bad fruits, will be rejected by Jesus on his return. This warning is applicable to every disciple. All of us are asked to eagerly seek for gifts and serve the Lord based on our gifts. But if we get carried away by our service instead of bearing fruit for the Lord, we are in great danger. The warning is thus applicable to all of us.

While it is important to judge the preachers we listen to based on their fruits, it is more important to judge our self first to make sure we are not a false prophet our self.

2019/3/2 16:24Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Paul writes:
Romans 7: 18. “For I know that in me (that is my flesh), nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.”

Sree, how do you know “how to perform what is good”?

2019/3/2 17:16Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Sree, how do you know “how to perform what is good”?

I hope you are asking in a teachable spirit.

Hebrews 5:14- But solid food is for the mature, who because of PRACTICE have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

We can know what is Good by continuously discerning Good and Evil by listening to the Holy Spirit. It is not an instantaneous thing. It is a continuous practice of discering by the Power Of Holy Spirit. If we listen to flesh we will choose evil instead but if we make it as a practice to listen to Holy Spirit then only we can spiritually mature. Else we will be babes no matter how old we become!

Jesus himself needed the power of the Holy Spirit to do good. He too lived in a sinful flesh like us.

Acts 10:38-You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

Our flesh will remain evil and keep craving for evil, it is by continuous crucifixion of flesh and continuous obeying of Holy Spirit, we can do anything good.

1 John 3:3- And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

Our Hope is to be like Jesus when we meet him face to face. With this hope we have to continuously purify ourself from all influence of Flesh. There is a need for continuous repentance.

2019/3/2 20:18Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

The good tree that Jesus speaks of in Matthew 7 is described in Proverbs 3

[Pro 3:13-18 NKJV] 13 Happy [is] the man [who] finds wisdom, And the man [who] gains understanding; 14 For her proceeds [are] better than the profits of silver, And her gain than fine gold. 15 She [is] more precious than rubies, And all the things you may desire cannot compare with her. 16 Length of days [is] in her right hand, In her left hand riches and honor. 17 Her ways [are] ways of pleasantness, And all her paths [are] peace. 18 She [is] a tree of life to those who take hold of her, And happy [are all] who retain her.

The tree of life Is the “good tree” found in Matthew 7.

2019/3/2 20:47Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

[Mat 7:7-8 NKJV] 7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

Jesus spoke this promise. We for the most part think about what we have to do when confronted by the Word. We argue about true prophets, false prophets, is there still prophets. We get caught up in the earthly realm. All a prophet is is someone who God chooses to use as a tool to bring about His plan.

How often do we contemplate about the supernatural events that are taking place all around us. Jesus says “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” Do you ever think about all the actions that God takes to confirm His promises? Have you witnessed the opening up or revelation of God’s plan in your life?

This question is directed to all who might read this post...

2019/3/3 18:33Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Yes many, many times...
it is as you say, when focus is not kept the tendency to become earthly minded increases and the heavenly vision (mind of Christ) is forsaken. Losing sight of Gods hand at work is (for me) the result of not abiding in fellowship with the Lord. This is when the default position = being mindful of the flesh is energized and begins to produce fruit/works. However when fellowship is maintained, the revelations are received and activating faith which in turn activates the word, opening it to us by the light faith - producing evidentiary fruit:)

2019/3/4 9:32Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

"Losing sight of Gods hand at work is (for me) the result of not abiding in fellowship with the Lord."

Amen...

Here is a short video of Jeff Foxworthy testifying of the work of God.

https://youtu.be/mxFqVQFvhvw

Just imagine all the things God did in the Spiritual realm to bring about this testimony.

2019/3/5 13:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy