SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Revival must begin in HIS HOUSE...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

Revival must begin in HIS HOUSE...

As I pray for revival daily I claim the promise in 2 chron 7:14
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I believe He is speaking to us.. the church.. Each one of us represents Christ in our land. My land is in New York. I have been repenting more of late for some of the unbiblical decisions in The state where I live. I believe that  the house of the LORD is where revival should begin.. Some are so so religious that they don't believe that revival should begin in the house of the LORD. The word says that judgement must begin in the house of the LOrD.. May His Mercy be upon us all especially those of the household of faith. God is faithful to keep His promises.. We need to look at our own hearts and stop looking at our neighbors.. We are here because of HIS mercy and sacrifice on the cross.. Jesus said it was finished but do we believe it??

We represent the body of CHRIST.. we must be doers of the word..James teaches us..
especially in the house of the LORD... the enemy loves disunity.
If the enemy can keep us looking at all our differences instead of
all of our commonalities he has us scattered and divided.... his tactic.I believe GOD wants unity He loves us all the same and He will sort out all the doctrinal differences He is the great I am..Oh How we need another great awakening to be poured out upon the church first then outside...
GOD loves unity Psa 133. I pray we all remember that as soon as we get to a
church it is imperfect. It is GODs church and we represent HIM at all times. I pray for a fresh baptism of HIS FIRE and HIS love to fall upon me and the rest of HIS church His church His Body of Believers. May the HOLY SPIRIT circumcize any areas of our hearts that are not pleasing and lining up with His heart for His people and the nations in JESUS name.
Bless u sister Frannie

2019/2/9 17:54Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Revival must begin in HIS HOUSE...

Sister Frannie,

I say Amen to all that you have said. The world cannot be revived because it is dead. However the Church that is in a miserable state and is luke warm must be revived and awakened. A revived church will result in backsliders coming home and sinners being saved.

Every revival has started with prayer. We must have the fire of the Holy Spirit in us and on us to fulfill whatever ministry the Lord has called us to.

We must be one in spirit and gather together in corporate prayer seeking First the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.

May the Lord lay hold of us where we are not satisfied with our spiritual condition, tbut we are continually hungering and thirsting for more of the Lord in our lives.

2019/2/11 5:31Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

I posted the following in a reply on the Welsh revival. It probably belongs here instead. Sorry for the double post.

When we draw closer and closer to Jesus, we are of course struck more and more by His beauty, majesty, holiness and perfection. We come to know God more intimately and are overwhelmed. Theoretically, as we have better and better spiritual sight, we also become more and more aware, even overwhelmed, by the gross and disgusting ugliness and evil of sin, especially of our own sin. This of course happened to Paul as over the course of his life he was able to declare that he was the chief of sinners.

Yet, my own sense is that many Christians are not growing in their spiritual apprehension of the grossness of remaining sin. They minimize it in themselves and excuse it in others. The only way one could minimize or excuse is that we just don't see it in reality. We understand the concept of it, but we don't really "see" it. There is a passage in Revelation where the saints are actually praising God for his final judgement against sinners as He consigns them to eternal punishment. Most find this difficult to comprehend. They understand the necessity of judgment. God is holy and He must judge sin by necessity of course. However, the idea that we would celebrate the consignment of many to Hell is foreign and unimaginable, especially when this group will include close family members. But should it be? What if we could see the abject heinous nature of sin as God sees it? What if sin were so disgusting and abhorent to us that we could not just see the necessity of judgment but also the wisdom of it?

Back to ourselves. Should we have a deeper and deeper apprehension of the heinous nature of our own sin and sin in general as we develop a deeper and deeper knowledge and spiritual understanding of Jesus? I think the answer is yes. The Holy Spirit of wisdom and revelation both exalts the beauty of Christ to our developing spiritual senses and He also at the same time helps us to apprehend through revelation the grossness of sin within. If this is happening within, then those who have been so instructed and enlightened, will have this love of Jesus and this hatred of sin that will be not just theoretical but also visceral.

If I'm right, then as we search the church, we would be struck by the shallowness of revelation by the Spirit in the church. The apprehension of the glorious beauty of Christ and the ugly visage of sin would be far more intense and real if the Holy Spirit was actively revealing these two spiritual realities to the souls of God's people and they come to know Jesus and themselves in increasingly deep and profound ways. The mature in the church would be so joyous in Christ while at the same time so sorrowful over their own personal sin and that within the church. It would almost be like a fire in the church that would be so bright that the holiness of God and the sinfulness of sin would be revealed as exceedingly great.

I think this is what happens in revivals. There is this inbreaking of revelation by the Spirit that undoes a man with the beauty of Christ and the grossness of sin. This kind of inbreaking changes people more deeply than any normal church service or quiet time. Once you see and taste the goodness of the Lord and see and taste the vileness of sin, its very hard to go back to "normal" .

2019/2/11 17:56Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

Amen Brother Mike.

May we be baptized with HIS FIRE AND Realize that His fire is good for us and May it spread wherever u go in JESUS name..

2019/2/11 21:57Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

I think this is what happens in revivals. There is this inbreaking of revelation by the Spirit that undoes a man with the beauty of Christ and the grossness of sin. This kind of in breaking changes people more deeply than any normal church service or quiet time. Once you see and taste the goodness of the Lord and see and taste the vileness of sin, its very hard to go back to "normal"

Amen Brother Robert.
I am in agreement with this. As I pray and spend time in His presence.. I am repenting more and more.. I see the complacenty about sin now and it scares me.. I never ever want to be complacent.. I pray the HOLY Spirit convicts me every time I sin in thought word or deed.. We must be careful when we stand that we think we will not fall..
.1 cor 10:12
in Christ
Sister Frannie

2019/2/11 22:03Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Hey Eagleflying. I was extremely hesitant to post these thoughts .... I do not want to dissuade anyone wanting God to move mightily on earth. However, because of the exegetical repercussions of this and similar verses I felt I should.

I truly do not want this to discourage anyone but rather help sharpen them Biblically so that they might pray with much greater accuracy.

The verse you shared ... it is so badly taken out of its context it does not mean what most believe or what has been presented in this thread. In fact it absolutely can't.

Lets look at it in its context and not cherry picked out of it.

11 When Solomon had finished the temple of the Lord and the royal palace, and had succeeded in carrying out all he had in mind to do in the temple of the Lord and in his own palace, 12 the Lord appeared to him at night and said:

“I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a temple for sacrifices.

13 “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. 16 I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there. 2 Chronicles 7:11-16 (NIV)

You will notice several things.

1. The call to repent in this case was caused by the loss of crops from draught and insects devouring what was there or physical diseases of the people.

2. It was given to the Jews in Jerusalem. Important as they were the only monotheistic people there.

3. V. 15 makes plain that the Lord would hear those prayers of repentance offered "in this place". That was Solomon's Temple. He predicates the hearing of those prayers on the condition that they were prayed in that place. Of course that temple no longer even exists.

4. V. 16 completes the thought of Him focusing His attention to the prayers being prayed in that place.

Literally we can not fulfill the requirements of those scriptures nor claim them as foundations as prayer for revival.

5. Notice also that it is an Old Testament prayer. It is not offered in the name of Jesus and does not take into account our access to the throne of grace to obtain mercy and grace to help in our time of need.

To sharpen our accuracy we need to actually prayer the scriptures that are truly applicable to our situations. They are a great many of that effect in the New Testament that we can verbatim agree with in the epistles.

If we do more diligent exegesis of scripture then our hermeneutic application will bear much greater fruit as we are rightly dividing and accurately applying the eternal Word of God.

Again, I hope I do not discourage. I only hope to encourage people to actually hold tight in prayer to scriptures that actually apply to the thing they pray for. Otherwise most are mislead and discouraged because they have proof texted scriptures out of their meaning to support their preconception bias. This is one reason they do not see the answers ... they are praying and claiming things God never actually said at all or that certainly do not apply to their situation. They do this as they believe they are following His Word.

2019/2/12 12:10Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Good post Sol 101. The other one that is taken out of context terribly is:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

These verses sound really good which is why they are quoted but I agree context matters.

Obviously there is nothing wrong with humbling oneself but for the reasons you mention we cannot claim that verse as a promise for us today.

That being said, we certainly should be humbling ourselves and turning from our wicked ways and seeking the face of God, but that is just the definition of what a true Christian in fact does.

2019/2/12 13:55Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

Re: Reply To This Post |
Hey Eagleflying. I was extremely hesitant to post these thoughts .... I do not want to dissuade anyone wanting God to move mightily on earth. However, because of the exegetical repercussions of this and similar verses I felt I should.

I truly do not want this to discourage anyone but rather help sharpen them Biblically so that they might pray with much greater accuracy.

The verse you shared ... it is so badly taken out of its context it does not mean what most believe or what has been presented in this thread. In fact it absolutely can't.

Dear Brother in Christ
I have hesitated to post on this forum however if the LORD leads me I will obey HIM..
My heart is what GOD sees through me.. I appreciate your comment... And I appreciate the history of the verse.. However. I am free to claim any of the 6000 promises in the WORD the way I see the HOLY SPirit showing me.. You do not have to agree with this prayer.. Its ok.. I am claiming this and pray with many for revival and will continue to pray.
.I pray we all see we need humbling especially in the house of the LORD. We all need to turn from our wicked ways.. NOONE has arrived. Rom 3:23 We all fall short.
You do not have to agree with this prayer.. This is a public forum and I am crying out for the body of CHRIST.. to see... We the church the body of CHRIST need to repent.. We need to repent.. GOD will sort out all the doctrinal differences.. I believe. I am not here to debate and do pray we can agree to disagree with interpretation of the word.
I am not discouraged nor will be.. This to me is not a debate.. Its how I am free to interpret HIS word.. I thank u for your response.. I will continue to pray this way knowing as I pray and Humble myself and repent daily before HIM He hears.. ONly those who have clean hands and pure hearts will enter His presence.. Psa 24.
I am an intercessor for the LORD.. and many are praying and claiming this verse. in agreement with me.. ONly those who agree with this will be heard.. This is what the LORD says.. SO its ok.. I thank u again for the history. I love the context of all verses.. I am a berean.. thank u for taking the time to post..
I do hope we can see the commonalities.. here.. This is why I stand that revival must be in the house of the LORD first.. In this place I live there are many hoping for unity among all the churches.. John 17 teaches us to be in the world but not of it.. I personally came from a very religious background. Religion kills people.. Love and a personal relationship with JESUS heals and sets people free.. Pls do not be offended by what the LORD is showing me.. I am just a daughter in the BODY of CHRIST.. I have been in many churches and have been born again since the 80s.. I have not arrived and will continue to pray as I believe the LORD shows me.. May all the churches focus on commonalities Psa 133..and not differences is my prayer. I believe Paul said he was all to all.. This is my heart and I have to pray the way I believe.. The enemy would love to divide us all over doctrinal differences.. I have learned to see the commonalities in all churches and am in a place where the FATHER has me.. I know GOD will sort it all out and I believe we will be surprised who is on the other side..
May We all be free to interpret HIS word as the HOLY GHOST shows us..
THank u for your response..
In Christ
Sister Frannie

2019/2/12 15:35Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

Hello Brother

That being said, we certainly should be humbling ourselves and turning from our wicked ways and seeking the face of God, but that is just the definition of what a true Christian in fact does.

yes I agree.. If we as the body of CHrist argue over doctrinal interpretations.. the enemy I believe is laughing and people are going to hell... this generation is being lost due to the churches focus on DIFFERENCES AND NOT COMMONALITIES>. I believe JESUS was not happy with the pharisees..

Matthew 23:24-27 New King James Version (NKJV)
24 Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and [a]self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.

I will not spend anymore time on this.. I will pray as I am led. I PERSONALLY need to keep the main things the main things and will pray and repent and pray and repent.. May there be vicarious repenting and a revival and conviction of religious sin in all the churches.. Father forgive us for not keeping the main things the main things.. COnvict us HOLY GHOST in any areas where we are not being humble convict the church and forgive us for acting like Galatians and Corinthians.. Baptize us all with more LOVE and fire..I pray in JESUS mighty name
Thank u for your reply. I am not here to offend anyone.. I am here to post what I BELIEVE IS SHOWING ME.. AS AN INTERCESSOR..
Bless u
sister Frannie.

2019/2/12 16:08Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

Brother Mike
Thank u.. I just want to keep the main thing the main thing. We prayed with others for revival.. We need to keep praying and praying until we see a change.. In us first.. As a retired counselor I just loved on people, different sexual preferences different religious affiliations.. I just loved them.. And most are still clean.. We represent CHRIST.. We are HIS Ambassadors. I believe we are loosing this 30-50 yr old generation.. They are sick of the judgment and will not come to the house of the LORD>. TU I will keep praying and repenting and asking the LORD to circumcize my heart. I have been hurt more by Christians than not.. I forgive every one and pray we all can look at ourselves and repent for the churches state.. He said He would come back and iron out all the wrinkles. I just want to hear HIM Say well done and sometimes we have to be WELL DONE>. The fire is good for us..
Let Him start with me..
In Christ
Frannie

2019/2/12 18:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy