SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : London Bombing....Judgement?!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

The following is a quote from Oswald Chambers when he was speaking about WWI, I think it applies well here.

The explanation of Job’s suffering is the fact that God and Satan had made a battleground of his soul. It was not for Job’s chastening or his perfecting, but for an ulterior purpose which he did not know, but his intuition made him stick to the fact that the only One who could explain the sublimities of Nature was the One who could explain what he was going through. “Though He slay me, though my creed goes and everything is destroyed, “yet I will trust in Him”—not trust Him to deliver me, but trust that He is honourable and just and true, and that I shall yet be justified in sticking to my faith in His honour, though meantime it looks as if He is deliberately destroying me.
There is a lot of cheap-jack talk just now regarding the British Empire, viz., that God is punishing us for our sins—a hopeless misrepresentation. The Cross of Calvary and the Redemption have to do with the sins of the world. If God began to punish the nations for their sins there would be no nation left on the face of the earth. Job takes the right line, that the difficulties are produced by a conflict of wills.

-Chambers, Oswald. Baffled to Fight Better: Talks on the Book of Job. [5th ed.]. London: Marshall, Morgan and Scott [for the] Oswald Chambers Publications Association, 1996, c1931.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/7/8 20:05Profile
ellie

UK

Re: by InTheLight on 2005/7/8 20:05:25 (LONDON)

Thankyou, I found your thread very refreshing and God given. Amen to our Lord God.

ellie

2005/7/8 20:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy